Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: winter training

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    You gona get in some fights while you're there Dave? Or just drinking pilsners and chillin with the hotties?
    We'll see...I'd like to fight. Doing 8 weeks at a camp in Thailand so we'll see what kind of shape I'm in.
    And it's a matter of fact that everywhere I go, the hotties come to chill...par for the course.
    A unique snowflake

ED- Central Florida, about an hour and a half from Orlando. I am originally from as Vegas where it can get in the low 20's to some ppl's surprise, so I was used to cold winters. I've been here in central florida for near 4 years now and never seen it below 40 degrees in this area, and thats usually from cold fronts that are gone in a couple days. On average it's 70-75 degrees in the winters here.

ahh inland, I miss semyrna beach and wakayvia springs 2 of my favorites near Orlando in FLA but OK no ocean winds and what not. yes the dessert is super cold during the night even in the early and late summer, nothing to hold the heat in. Been to the mohave when it was 107 and went down to 42 at night.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Yep, the desert is a fashionista's worst nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPalm View Post
    We'll see...I'd like to fight. Doing 8 weeks at a camp in Thailand so we'll see what kind of shape I'm in.
    And it's a matter of fact that everywhere I go, the hotties come to chill...par for the course.
    8 weeks in thailand? holy crap. lucky stuff.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

i have a personal preference to training on ice... most definitely increases stability and balance. there are several great leg exercises where you draw alternating circles with your feet simultaneously, using the "slipperiness" as a form of resistance training utilizing the weight of the body pressing against the ice with the soles of the feet... i am not quite sure if i can say it anymore confusing thatn that...

i also like toying with start/stop and torque inertia while training on ice... carrying firewood out of the snowy woods is also a great form of training - pulling a sled full of logs, loading the truck and hand splitting all winter long!!! YEAH BABY!!!!

dodging snowballs...

nice Uk, we do the same kinda thing with the ice, I had my students to their 8's on ice solo then with application.. it was a learning expericne for them for sure
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    it was a learning expericne for them for sure
    everything is a learning experience.

perfect day today...

i say... go and play outside this fine day.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    i say... go and play outside this fine day.
    been there...done that...shoveled the snow (2x overnite and just now this morning - wifey had to get to hospital and deliver all the little snowbabies )
    but w 6 y/o boy and Bernese mountain dog in the house, it will ony b a matter of time bef we r back out again...