Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shuai Chiao for mma

Shuai Chiao for mma

I'm curious if anyone here has trained in shuai chiao and if so which lineage they would recommend for somebody looking to supplement their mma training.

I have kinda wondered about the same thing, I'm guessing it would be great for mma its just so rare is why we haven't seen it more is what I'm guessing, I have always wanted to study it!! Namean

what the fuk is a shuai chiao? speak proper chinese whitey. show some respect.
    *rubs testicles

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Well i've fought sanshou before as well as mma. I have a background in cma and do bjj and a little judo but have an interest in shuai chiao.

Blog Entries
    SC won't be good for MMA.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 11-28-2010 at 05:58 PM.

if you are thinking of fighting MMA i would look to western wrestling over SC and judo, and if you had to pick one judo over SC, for obvious reasons

Why judo over sc for obvious reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by LynyrdSkynyrd View Post
    Why judo over sc for obvious reasons?

Prolly because Judo is more for sport than for combat.

Just as mma is more of a sport than actual combat.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Surely more likely he meant that it's easier to find quality Judo instruction...
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Oh ok that makes sense but im not concerned about being able to find quality instruction. i'm surprised by the responses though so far. i thought people on a cma board would have thought that sc would be good for mma

There are more people doing wrestling at a higher level than doing Judo

There are more people doing judo at a higher level than doing Shuai Jiao

Think of it this way, which is more impressive

Muay Thai champion of Newark NJ or Muay Thai champion of Lumpinee stadium in Bangkok Thailand?

Also, depending on where you are, may not have much choice, Shuai Jiao isn't exactly popular in the US
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Muay Thai champion of Newark NJ or Muay Thai champion of Lumpinee stadium in Bangkok Thailand?
    u new yorkers never pass an opportunity to rag on newark huh... lol...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LynyrdSkynyrd View Post
    i thought people on a cma board would have thought that sc would be good for mma
    When you said that SC will be good for MMA, some MMA guys will start to argue against you for the next 20 pages, and turn this thread into TCMA vs MMA thread. If you said that SC will not be good for MMA, you won't give those guys any chance to start that argument. There is no need to use your "hot face" to touch someone's "cold ass".

A: I'm pretty ....
    B: No! You are ugly ...
    C: You are clueless how ugly you are ...
    A: ...

A: I'm ugly ...
    B: ...
    C: ...
    A: ...
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 11-28-2010 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    There are more people doing wrestling at a higher level than doing Judo

There are more people doing judo at a higher level than doing Shuai Jiao

Think of it this way, which is more impressive

Also, depending on where you are, may not have much choice, Shuai Jiao isn't exactly popular in the US
    this is part of what i meant (a big part), plus wrestling is a jackless sport, as is MMA, and although there is a cross over between the two you have to modify what you do with a jacket to what you do without one, not only is wrestling open to a bigger competition pool its rule set it is also easy to transition from, plus it has a ground game of sort

Also since judo and wrestling do have ground elements the throw takes this into account, how you land is almost as important as how you throw, SC does not have this, just see the clips posted on this post lovely sweep in one of them, but the opponent has plenty of room and space to get back up

judo has a ground game so at least you will learn pins, submissions and get ups, thats why i listed it as i did, no hatred of CMA just an honest opinion
    Last edited by Frost; 11-29-2010 at 01:05 AM.