Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
this is part of what i meant (a big part), plus wrestling is a jackless sport, as is MMA, and although there is a cross over between the two you have to modify what you do with a jacket to what you do without one, not only is wrestling open to a bigger competition pool its rule set it is also easy to transition from, plus it has a ground game of sort

Also since judo and wrestling do have ground elements the throw takes this into account, how you land is almost as important as how you throw, SC does not have this, just see the clips posted on this post lovely sweep in one of them, but the opponent has plenty of room and space to get back up

judo has a ground game so at least you will learn pins, submissions and get ups, thats why i listed it as i did, no hatred of CMA just an honest opinion
also wreslers do very well because in wrestling you are rewarded for big tosses...
people always ask "bjj is so advanced on the ground but the takedowns suck and more often than not its a "drag down" as opposed to a takedown... in bjj you arent rewarded any more for what would be a 5 point throw in wretling... in bjj the big points are in mounts, top or back... whereas in wretling, you can win on takedowns alone, without ever touching the mat...

an example... i had a friendly pis$ing contest with a good bjj player and it got intense quick... i didnt like him, he ****ed me off with his attitude so i went out to break him after he started getting too serious... i hit him wiyth a giant double... he got his guard, i backed out and let him stand... two seconds later, BAM 5 point throw... back off, let him up, bang, huge double... backed off... did it again and again till he gave up... i had no game on the floor compared to this guy but i could take him down hard and at will... i won... i never hit him either, but could have many times... dont underestimate a wrestler man... best base for mma IMO...