Thread: WikiLeaks founder appeals detention order

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    This is true that the rape allegations just happen to surface now and it looks suspicious. But it shows whats great about the US system, everyone accused is guaranteed a jury trial by his peers. And a conviction is never guaranteed simply because "she said", just ask William Kennedy Smith or the Duke lacrosse team.
    well yeah, unless you get crucified by the media for the sake of good headlines with no research into the truth swaying public opinion so bad you lose money and fam over it... true story, look it up...

conviction, maybe not... but do you think the allegations made their lives better or worse??? will they be compensated for time, money and embarassment??? no they wont... in america, the more money you can throw at a legal team the more likely you are to succeed... is that what you call fair??? you wave that flag son, ill stick to being thoroughly unsatisfied with my nation and her pathetic friends... im almost ashamed...

and in the US, because of the media and their mishandling of info, on purpose for headlines, jury pools are forever tainted in high profile cases...

like this kid who just got caught tryna blow up a portland xmas tree ceremony, do you think hečll get a fair impartial jury??? i think not... now in this case, i say hang the little fukcer, but they arent always guilty man...
    Last edited by Syn7; 11-30-2010 at 12:21 PM.