Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WikiLeaks founder appeals detention order

WikiLeaks founder appeals detention order

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101130/...eaks_assange_2

– Tue Nov 30, 7:07 am ET
    STOCKHOLM – WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has filed another appeal against a court order to detain him in a rape investigation, Swedish officials said Tuesday.

The appeal was received by the Supreme Court in Stockholm on Tuesday, court spokeswoman Tove Levelind said.

Earlier this month, an appeals court rejected Assange's first appeal, upholding a district court decision to detain him for questioning.

Assange, whose whereabouts are unknown, is wanted by Sweden internationally concerning allegations against him that include rape and sexual molestation. They stem from his encounters with two Swedish women during a visit to the Nordic country in August.

He has denied the allegations, calling them part of a smear campaign. He has not been formally charged.

WikiLeaks made another disclosure of classified documents over the weekend, including diplomatic cables and sensitive U.S. State Department documents.

The 39-year-old Australian has angered the U.S. and other governments with such disclosures, including secret documents about the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

During his August visit to Sweden, Assange applied for a residency permit in the country, where the WikiLeaks site has some of its servers and laws offer strong protection for whistle-blowers. Sweden rejected the request.

On Monday, Ecuador's deputy foreign minister, Kintto Lucas, praised Assange for his work and offered him residency in the leftist-run Andean nation "without any kind of trouble and without any kind of conditions."

what yall think??? we all know this guy has made some very powerful enemies... and rape is the perfect crime to ruin people with and all it takes is "she said"... if she says it did, chances are he'll burn for it...

and then there is this:
    WikiLeaks says it's under powerful cyberattack

NEW YORK – The WikiLeaks website says it's under a forceful Internet-based attack, and the site is inaccessible to users in U.S. and Europe.

The site, which just distributed a trove of U.S. diplomatic documents, said in a Twitter message on Tuesday morning that it's under a "distributed denial of service attack," a method commonly used by hackers to slow down or bring down sites.

The site was under attack Sunday, but Tuesday's attack appears to be more powerful. WikiLeaks said the malicious traffic was coming in at 10 gigabits per second, which would make it a relatively large effort.

The WikiLeaks site is hosted in Sweden and devoted to releasing anonymously submitted documents.

hhhmmm... sweden... ya dont say... didnt i just read something about sweden and wikileaks???

10 gigabits per second??? this is not from some hacker in his mommys basement... this is sanctioned and sponsored black ops... nobody here is ruling that out right? we dont know forsure, but i wasnt born yesterday and i know how to read between the lines... if i were a betting man, i know where i'd lay my dollars on this one...

If someone stands up and speaks the truth, it's likely they will get nailed to the cross for it.

Literally and figuratively.

The thing is, it's not him that's releasing anything, he is providing a site for people to do so. The people who are releasing this stuff are IN the government and civil service and military and it is US citizens who are blowing the whistle on the people in power there.

Everyone getting hot and bothered about Assange are idiots. lol, He's just a guy with the vehicle for others to tell on their bosses.

Who knows if this isn't some ploy or plot to move disinformation by doing soft puts in a lead up to a big one that will sink some nation. Anyway, there are a lot of red faced blustering liars and lowlifes huffing and puffing on this go round.

It's great theatre!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I've read some of the stuff, is really is nothing new.
    Don't know what the big deal is and the US government is only looking worse for giving this more press.
    Intelligence agencies tend to be their own worse enemy.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    If someone stands up and speaks the truth, it's likely they will get nailed to the cross for it.

Literally and figuratively.

The thing is, it's not him that's releasing anything, he is providing a site for people to do so. The people who are releasing this stuff are IN the government and civil service and military and it is US citizens who are blowing the whistle on the people in power there.

Everyone getting hot and bothered about Assange are idiots. lol, He's just a guy with the vehicle for others to tell on their bosses.

Who knows if this isn't some ploy or plot to move disinformation by doing soft puts in a lead up to a big one that will sink some nation. Anyway, there are a lot of red faced blustering liars and lowlifes huffing and puffing on this go round.

It's great theatre!
    awesome gawker material forsure... whoever gave him these papers is in trouble tho... if its the guy from before, well, he's already in trouble... one could argue that divulging classified materials is treason... one could also say in a transparent democracy run by the people for the people, the people have every right to know everything... all of it, good and bad... i love how people act right before everyone gets to see their dirty laundry and they know its comming but arent sure what to prepare for...

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    what yall think??? we all know this guy has made some very powerful enemies... and rape is the perfect crime to ruin people with and all it takes is "she said"... if she says it did, chances are he'll burn for it...
    This is true that the rape allegations just happen to surface now and it looks suspicious. But it shows whats great about the US system, everyone accused is guaranteed a jury trial by his peers. And a conviction is never guaranteed simply because "she said", just ask William Kennedy Smith or the Duke lacrosse team.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    This is true that the rape allegations just happen to surface now and it looks suspicious. But it shows whats great about the US system, everyone accused is guaranteed a jury trial by his peers. And a conviction is never guaranteed simply because "she said", just ask William Kennedy Smith or the Duke lacrosse team.
    The rape allegations came up during the release from the gun cameras that showed American soldiers gleefully murdering people in the streets of Iraq with gunships.

This was disgusting and embarrassing for the US and NATO and I think it was at this point where people started to take notice of just what wikileaks was and what was going to come of it.

So, yeah, of course his credibility is going to be attacked. I don't think he has an issue with fighting the rape charge, I think it is the pretense "they" want of locking him away while they do up the trial. I wouldn't agree to that either. they essentially want to lock him away and then start dismantling his network while his hands are bound.

That is typical of cowards to do that. I wonder when he would have had the time to go out raping in all this. It is HIGHLY suspect.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

...I think it is the pretense "they" want of locking him away while they do up the trial. I wouldn't agree to that either. they essentially want to lock him away and then start dismantling his network while his hands are bound.
    Again showing how the US system is great. Bail is specifically mentioned in our Constitution.

Again showing how the US system is great. Bail is specifically mentioned in our Constitution.
    Violent Crimes are often denied bail. Rape is a violent crime. Hence it's use.
    Even in the US there are lots of people who are not granted bail because of flight risk or the nature of the crime or the determined character of the person.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Violent Crimes are often denied bail. Rape is a violent crime. Hence it's use.
    Even in the US there are lots of people who are not granted bail because of flight risk or the nature of the crime or the determined character of the person.
    Can you give us an example of someone charged in the US only with rape being denied bail?

Can you give us an example of someone charged in the US only with rape being denied bail?
    I would assume if there is a flight risk, yes the person would be denied bail.
    Stupid not to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I would assume if there is a flight risk, yes the person would be denied bail.
    Stupid not to do so.
    So then it should be easy for David to find an example.

When the discussion of rape and bail came up my first thought was of Roman Polanski, as he was a flight risk and he was not denied bail.

well yeah, unless you get crucified by the media for the sake of good headlines with no research into the truth swaying public opinion so bad you lose money and fam over it... true story, look it up...

conviction, maybe not... but do you think the allegations made their lives better or worse??? will they be compensated for time, money and embarassment??? no they wont... in america, the more money you can throw at a legal team the more likely you are to succeed... is that what you call fair??? you wave that flag son, ill stick to being thoroughly unsatisfied with my nation and her pathetic friends... im almost ashamed...

and in the US, because of the media and their mishandling of info, on purpose for headlines, jury pools are forever tainted in high profile cases...

like this kid who just got caught tryna blow up a portland xmas tree ceremony, do you think hečll get a fair impartial jury??? i think not... now in this case, i say hang the little fukcer, but they arent always guilty man...
    Last edited by Syn7; 11-30-2010 at 12:21 PM.

When the discussion of rape and bail came up my first thought was of Roman Polanski, as he was a flight risk and he was not denied bail.
    How smart was that ?
    LOL !

are you serious??? people are denied bail for missing probation meetings... people get denied all the time...

ive been denied in canada for non violent crimes... and canada is lax, if i was in the states ičd be doing 15 to 20 no doubt about it... you guys have a pathetic legal system... i **** on your legal system... ours too...

dude, i don't have time to satisfy your curiosity. If you think bail applies to everyone no matter what, fine, you feel that way, but that's not the way it is.

do your own fu(kin homework will ya and stopping making churlish demands on people's time ya crackpot. lol Start here you lazy bastage. http://www.google.ca/search?q=denial...ient=firefox-a
    Kung Fu is good for you.