Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 52 Blocks

any reason for wearing MMA gloves and then basically slapping each other the whole round?

as with kesyei stuff its ok, nothing new and nothing special, non of it matches what rodney king did the the crazy monkey stuff in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    any reason for wearing MMA gloves and then basically slapping each other the whole round?

as with kesyei stuff its ok, nothing new and nothing special, non of it matches what rodney king did the the crazy monkey stuff in my opinion
    Often called slapboxing when it was being practiced. I always thought it was because it wasnt' taught in a formal way and they didn't have safety equipment. Not sure why you would practice it that way with safety equipment available.
    "God gave you a brain, and it annoys Him greatly when you choose not to use it."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin73 View Post
    Often called slapboxing when it was being practiced. I always thought it was because it wasnt' taught in a formal way and they didn't have safety equipment. Not sure why you would practice it that way with safety equipment available.
    yep couldnt understand that, no point gloving up if your not going to use them

"Fifty-Two Handblocks Reframed..."

Greetings,

When I saw this paper, I proceeded to read this article with apprehensions of it being some ego charged drivel. It wasn't. It is a seriously scholarly work that is worthy of saving. Though, it touches on aspects of African martial arts in America that I have shared about, it offers so much more. Take a look and enjoy!

http://masjournal.org.uk/wp-content/...2016_Green.pdf

mickey

Thank you, mickey. Great find.
    "It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov

Hi

I seen the 52 hand blocks system on yutube along time ago this guy was knocking this guy out with light tapping strikes .

I like Lyte Burly's stuff. His 52 is often mixed with other styles (Bagua, TaiChi, WingChun). He is talking a lot about the ideas and concepts in his videos on YouTube.