Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comparison of Techniques or Theories

and a one and a two and a wtf?

Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post

opps uh oh, I'm married. Don't tell my wife.....

ginosifu

I'm married too, but wifey never comes here.

she thinks most of us are boneheads for wasting time on this.

Then I give her heck about how she chooses to spend time with her interests and I get a sandwich after that! It's a sweet deal this marriage thing!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Wait. What are we comparing again?

I'm a martial writer. I baffle them with word salad - talk them down. Talking it out is amazingly effective if you have a reasonable vocabulary.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    "How does one counter this?"
    By playing it reverse.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

I teach my students to steal the initiative and beat them senseless. Not to wait till the first punch. They deliver the first punch and do enough damage that the aggressor knows without a doubt that they NEVER want to see my student again, not even in court.
    This may sound harsh and unethical/illegal, but I know my streets and I know what must be done in my streets to survive and thrive.
    Anything less and you just end up someone's b i t c h.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

How does your style (or your own personal theories or flavor) react when in threatening situation?
    really depends on the situation, some ppl may think differntly whats threatening. I have been a bouncer adn in street fights all my life and I can spot a talker and no walker all day long. if the guy is quiet i get worried.

I always try to read the Yi, i am getting better at this a little at a time. if i feel hes about to jump, I initiate the attack. i like to come at him hard and quick so he gets the mesage right away but back off before anyone really gets dmamged.

i do not fight to do damage anymore, now I know I really can screw somebody up it scares me. The last time i fought like that was 1992 and I snapped some guys elbow and got arrested, jailed, bailed and sued. never again

However with the drunk or inexperienced fighter i like to let them atttack first so i can counter off thier mistakes and just control them. its fun to beat up these kind cu you dont really have to fight...
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    I always try to read the Yi, i am getting better at this a little at a time. if i feel hes about to jump, I initiate the attack. i like to come at him hard and quick so he gets the mesage right away but back off before anyone really gets dmamged.
    Reading the Yi or Intent is a High level skill. This is hard to get good at unless your around people all the time and you can practice reading them. Very good ED ! I'm impressed.

ginosifu

Quote Originally Posted by ginosifu View Post
    Lets start off with something simple:

How does your style (or your own personal theories or flavor) react when in threatening situation?

Hit first, ask questions later? Counter attacks only? A good defense is a even better offense? Depends on the situation? Go crazy until someone pulls you off the guy?

What's your view?

ginosifu
    observation. observation. observation.

move back a step. move to the left. move to the right.

yield 3 times.

---