Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comparison of Techniques or Theories

Comparison of Techniques or Theories

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    epic! we all agree, now lets stop the MMA TMCA comparing threads, and lets for a change share each others techniques adn exchange applications and counters instead of saying which one woks the best ok?
    Lets start off with something simple:

How does your style (or your own personal theories or flavor) react when in threatening situation?

Hit first, ask questions later? Counter attacks only? A good defense is a even better offense? Depends on the situation? Go crazy until someone pulls you off the guy?

What's your view?

ginosifu
    Last edited by ginosifu; 12-08-2010 at 11:30 AM.

Just by the way I was taught, it is like this in a nutshell:

We do not go out of are way to start anything or cause trouble. However, once it starts then I go on the Offense and try not to defend so much. I will keep going (Offensively) until they submit or flee.

ginosifu

My sig reveals my systems MO
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Too many variables to make a call.

I mean, if there are others with me who are to my knowledge incapable of defending themselves, then I have to quickly think about options for getting them safe as well as myself.

Sometimes that means taking a little verbal abuse and maybe even taking a shove or two to ensure that everyone with me walks away unscathed.

If I'm by myself, then the variables are still there:

-is he armed?
    -is he alone or with others?
    -if with others, who are they
    -can the situation be de-escalated verbally (usually it can)
    -does he have height and weight advantages and what attacks to employ if so?

and so on.

Once I am in and mucking it up, I try to stay inside and try to gain physical control of the person who is attacking me. If I am able to restrain them, I will. If not, I will have to cook something else up on the fly...and that's usually violence, but hey, we're talking about an attack right?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

As a general rule of thumb, someone can say what they want, but if you enter my personal space, it is a done deal. At this point, it has escalated from sh**it talking to a physical confrontation. It's foolish to wait for the them to throw a punch, push you, grab you, or whatever else. Don't let them get the upper hand. Hit hard, first, and more often.

If someone is not fighting back, submits verbally, or is knocked out, it is over. If you continue beating them at that point you are looking at lawsuits and assault charges. You will still possibly be looking at those two things even if you stop.

In my "street" experience I can tell you it's not hard to determine who will attack and who will run their mouth. It also helps to know your environment, your surroundings, who is watching you, how many there are, that sort of thing. I'm sure those who have either worked in the bar scene or hung out in it a lot knows you can usually see a fight coming a few minutes before it happens, sometimes longer, if you are looking.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Blog Entries
    - Attack with your best solo (use your own force) 3 times, if fail,
    - attack with your best combo (borrow your opponent's force) 3 times, if fail,
    - play defense (borrow your opponent's force), if fail,
    - run like hell (definitely use your own force).

The "3" is not a fix number. It can be 2, 4, 5, ... The number of your best moves can be 1, 2, 3, ... If your "door guarding" moves donot work on your opponent, the chance that you may win that fight will be unlikely.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 12-08-2010 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    As a general rule of thumb, someone can say what they want, but if you enter my personal space, it is a done deal. At this point, it has escalated from sh**it talking to a physical confrontation. It's foolish to wait for the them to throw a punch, push you, grab you, or whatever else. Don't let them get the upper hand. Hit hard, first, and more often.
    Lets just say that they are in your personal space and maybe have not swung yet but you know it's coming.

ginosifu

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I tell my students this;
    "you shoould avoid confrontations, and in most cases, you can see it before it starts, so avoidance is the best route. However..
    if you can't then talk your way out.
    If you can't talk your way out then walk away.
    If you can't walk away, then run.
    If you can't run, then fly.
    But when your back's up against a wall, and there is no other way out, then you use your Martial arts."
    I also quote NYC's Chaka Zulu:
    "You can call me pu$$y, F@ggot, all you want.
    You put your hands on me, you're gonna get hurt...bad."
    Hakka Kuen systems use this phrase;
    "Hand to hand, heart to heart,
    you don't move, I won't start.
    But if you move, I'll hit first,
    and I won't stop until ________"

some poems say 'until there's blood" others say "until you're down.." none of which rhyme with first...
    "until you burst?"
    "till blood or worse?"
    "Till Dracula's curse?"
    "I'll hit you with my purse?"
    "Until you need a nurse?"
    "until the next verse..."
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

In my Tai Chi training we would use Yin and Yang statements like:

Turn your opponents offense into defense and keep him defending. For every attack he makes I counter with 3-5 offensive moves etc etc.

ginosifu

Quote Originally Posted by ginosifu View Post
    Lets just say that they are in your personal space and maybe have not swung yet but you know it's coming.

ginosifu
    Pretty much what I was saying, once someone has entered that space, they mean you harm, do not give them the chance to swing on you. If it has escalated to that point, it has turned physical. Counter if you have to if the guy gets his off first, but the best defense is a good offense.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

in northern kung fu you are the attacker. you throw the first punch
    Last edited by bawang; 12-08-2010 at 01:38 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

How does one counter this?

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

with wing chun. wing chun makes u gay then picture has no effect.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    There is no countering what can't be countered !!!