Hey all,

Recently I was visiting some family and along the way made the journey up to visit Hendrik and wanted to share about the experience with all of us WCners. It was a great experience and I thank him for taking the time to share with me. All credit and respect to Hendrik, GM CHC and the ancestors.

The first day, I did a short demo of my SLT and the first thing mentioned was that my lower body was not connected. I theoretically knew the description and meaning of it but it wasn't until Hendrik pointed this out that I realized I was actually guilty of it! From there, we discussed the six direction force. All three-dimensional motion can be described as a combination of these pairs. Each pair must be balanced to maintain a neutral body. When all forces are balanced, then the net force on the body should be zero.

I also saw the first section of the Yik Kam SLT. Hendrik was very soft and fluid in his movements, and when observed closely, the entire body is alive in the stance with balanced 6 direction force. What good is the training of a dynamic sensing art if our bodies are locked down and rigid? We are only stuck dead, bolted to the ground. But a live SLT is in dynamic balance, the movement in the details...

A great Hendrik quote is: The 6 directional force is the ticket to enter the movie theater.

We then discussed a little about what is hua jing and peng jing. For peng jing, I placed both hands on Hendrik's arm and he generated a ward-off type of force that when I pressed, was like pushing against a wall. For hua jing, Hendrik allowed me to find his center of gravity and then easily adjusted so that I could not find it again.

Also, let me also say that Hendrik was able to generate some impressive force even though he was just showing some concepts. So, even though I ain't seen nothing yet, it was pretty cool!