Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Forms training is only good for performing Forms!!!

Blog Entries
    I'll live in Texas for 6 months (winter) and I'll live in California for 6 months (summer).

I see. I ask because I plan to move in the next year or two to somewhere more warm, i am in the nw now, and want to have teachers accepting students in mind before I choose where to move. If I decide to move to cali you may get a PM from me in the future to request a meeting.

Thanks for letting me know.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    And most TCMA forms people spend time trying to perfect the boring @ss forms! I say go for the grandiose. The bigger the better. After the basics of basic training forms - forms all become redundant anyway (only people with 10 or more years TCMA experience can make comments on redundancy).

So why all the secrecy, why all the waiting to give students the so called advanced sets? I say give 'em the good ones while they're young enough to still make 'em look good when they're performing them!

Now suck on that
    How else would you practice or train your gung fu? That is all forms are, just one man sets where you can train your body to do things that are somewhat otherwise difficult. Without doing that you must have another method of training this, otherwise you would look silly while falling and stumbling around trying to do it. You can watch someone do a thing, and you might even be able to do it too, but the reality is that you probably will not be able to do it without a great deal or at least some physical training. Unless of course you don't do gung fu, and in this case it would be silly for you to be doing forms. It is like anything else. The more you do it, the better you get at it. Forms are just one simple way of doing it so you can get better at doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    My Longfist teacher told me it can be used to kick someone's leg when he is behind.
    he is wrong

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC