Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KFMer tries to learn wrestling

KFMer tries to learn wrestling

FRESNO, CA -- A Fresno high school student is headed to court this week accused of committing a sex crime against a teammate on a wrestling mat. At issue is a controversial wrestling move called the butt drag, which some say amounts to sexual assault. Preston Hill, 17, has been charged with sexual battery after he performed the move on another student during wrestling practice. Hill is also facing expulsion from Buchanan High School, which is just outside of Fresno. The move calls for one wrestler to grab the other between the buttocks to turn him. For Ross Rice, the father of the alleged victim, the move went a little too far. "This kid basically targeted my son, pinned him to the ground and assaulted him," he said. Rice said his 15-year-old son was painfully penetrated for at least 30 seconds by his teammate's fingers during a wrestling drill last year. Hill claims he was taught the butt drag by his coaches.

"They're sweating and grappling with one another," said Charles Magill, Hill's attorney. "There is a certain amount of give and take that's involved when you're in that type of an intimate sport. We defended by saying that the conduct that he's alleged to have done is overblown and completely out of context with what happened." Encino's Crespi Carmelite High School wrestling coach Mike Odman says the butt drag is a legal move, but he would never teach his students to penetrate an opponent with their fingers. "There's nothing in wrestling tactics that would say when in doubt, insert," Odman said. "That never comes into play."

The alleged victim told police the older boy made a threatening gesture to him before they wrestled, a claim Hill denies. Legal analyst Dana Cole says a jury will now have the tough job of determining whether this incident was premeditated. "The judge is going to have to instruct the jury just what a sexual battery is and whether there was sexual intent in connection with this case," Cole said. The boy says results from a doctor's examination prove he was slightly injured after the incident. The trial starts Thursday in Fresno County. The accused student is also fighting his expulsion.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

man, that's just messed up.

it's ok if you accidentally break his neck, but don't put your fingers near his ass!

stupid is not enough to describe the thinking here.

h0m0phobic? wrestling ain't for you because it can get pretty gay.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Turkish oil check is THE uber-intimidation move !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Turkish oil check is THE uber-intimidation move !!
    "You ever been in a turkish prison camp!"

"The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

I think this thread needs some testosterone !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Hey that's not testosterone!

..and Thanks!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

You're a quart low.

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post

You're a quart low.
    the counter to which is:

Kung Fu is good for you.

why she have her knees bent?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

to brace for the inevitable insertion is what I'm thinking...
    Kung Fu is good for you.

OIL CHECK!!!

i already posted this sh!t awhile ago... nobody cared... its a legit move, and its not what most people think...

this is most likely an immature wrestler with enough talent to hold cats down and preform a deliberate finger in the ass as opposed to the legit wresling move which is not about anal penetration, granted it could happen by mistake... and fair enough... but in this case it seems like a d!ckhead bully took it too far for laughs... why this is even about the move, i dont know... they are all horrified that a teacher would teach anal penatration as a legit move... and they dont, itrs just stupid people talking about things they dont understand... quel suprise...

it was a sex crime, the move is legit, this is about bullying, not wrestling moves... next thing we`ll see people going to court for sexual assault for holding onto a triangle for too long...
    Last edited by Syn7; 12-09-2010 at 08:01 PM.

Hey that's not testosterone!

..and Thanks!
    it is now tho...

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

This was all over the news last night.

Fresno makes our local news here.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Fresno makes our local news here.
    so did you hear anyone calling for the removal of the legit move from the curriculum and made an illegal move at highschool levels??? or are they completely focussed on the assault itself and treating it as a case of bullying and sexual interferance??? coz the technique itself is legit and its not about penetrating as$holes... i would hate to see wrestling as a whole take the fall for this...
    Last edited by Syn7; 12-10-2010 at 06:22 PM.