Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Great Lakes Kung Fu, Shuai Chiao and San Shou Championships

Hey! Will ask if any of Sifu Ly Yen Hoa's students want to go...I still say you should move to GR!!!
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Quote Originally Posted by brazilusa View Post
    I will be at the tournament again this year Any carpoolers? Share hotel costs...etc? Hey TaiChiMantis...

Also Sifu Gino.... I am a traditional guy but due to lack of more traditional kung fu in my area and my need to keep in shape I have been training with a sifu of modern wushu. I saw one wushu guy there last year.

Maybe we can due a seminar?

What is your feeling on a self defense seminar or maybe Krav Maga???

I would definately like some flyers!!!!!!!!!
    I can not guarrantee you will due well in traditional kung fu divisions if you do a modern wushu form. Some of the Judges are kinda old school. But some are more modern and may judge you by your skill level and not penalize for the wushu form you perform.

If you would like to due a seminar please... you are welcome. Just have you or your Sifu call the tournament promotor John Ervin and talk with him about it.

U. S. Shuai Chiao Academy 216.431.4991

John's Cell 216.410.8785

or send me a line at my website: http://shaolininstitute.com/institute/contact.php

send me your hard address and I will put you on the flyer list.

ginosifu

ps. that goes for everyone else, send me your hard address if you want a flyer

We are in the process of sending out flyers... anyone want to get one? Send me your street address and I have one sent your way. EarthDragon... send me your address and I will send one to you.

also:
    Mooying Mantis - Richard Tolson will do a seminar on Mantis techniques.... on Sunday following the tournament. This might be a chance for that meeting of the kung fu forum? anyone interested in hooking up? we can chat and stuff while Richard does his seminar and maybe after go out to lunch?

ginosifu
    Last edited by ginosifu; 02-01-2011 at 05:49 AM.

I would love to come and meet and greet as well as give a seminar.

School is my life until I graduate in August.

After that I will be an acupuncture and martial arts machine.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Dale...
    Good luck with school. After you graduate you are always welcome to come (I meant to give) a seminar. There probably always be another Great Lakes Tourney as well.

ginosifu
    Last edited by ginosifu; 02-01-2011 at 08:28 AM.

gino, please check your PM
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Quote Originally Posted by ginosifu View Post
    Mooying Mantis - Richard Tolson will do a seminar on Mantis techniques.... on Sunday following the tournament. This might be a chance for that meeting of the kung fu forum? anyone interested in hooking up? we can chat and stuff while Richard does his seminar and maybe after go out to lunch?

ginosifu
    I just finished speaking with tournament promoter John Ervin (my sifu). I told him about our meeting of the kung fu forum and stated he would consider paying the bill at a local Chinese restaurant, if we got together here in cleveland on april 9.

ginosifu

For everyone who has been waiting: Registration forms are down loadable at my site:
    http://www.shaolininstitute.com/inst...urnament.shtml

Mooyingmantis and EarthDragon are doing seminars on Sunday April 10.... anyone else want in?

ginosifu
    Last edited by ginosifu; 02-07-2011 at 03:00 PM.

ginosifu,
    Where did you purchase your shuai chiao top? I am looking to purchase one (or a few). I will be at the tournament with my sifu, Earthdragon. Thanks,
    Andrew
    To know others is to have knowledge. To know oneself is to be enlightened.

Does laziness always win, or can it not be defeated?

The ULTIMATE in self defense:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QInKKHlB51g

Quote Originally Posted by baldmantiz View Post
    ginosifu,
    Where did you purchase your shuai chiao top? I am looking to purchase one (or a few). I will be at the tournament with my sifu, Earthdragon. Thanks,
    Andrew
    Dr. Weng ... he is out of California... Call me if you need some. We will probably have a few for sale at the tourney.

ginosifu

Just got fliers in the mail thank you Gino, passing them out to the schools in WNY this weekend
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Great Lakes and Cleveland Kung fu..

I am heading from Michigan to Cleveland, OH for the tournament. Welcome to ride with me. Carpool.....maybe share hotel room???

Look forward to meeting u Brazilusa!
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Have fun and good luck to all competitors and Richard hope the seminars you and Earthdragon give go well. Sorry I can't attend this year, family obligations.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Friends,
    Here are links to photos from the Great Lakes Kung Fu Tournament and seminars:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...549480&theater

The first picture features Gino Belfiore (Ginosifu), Mike Haley (Earthdragon) and myself.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id...549480&theater

The second picture features Shaolinrasta, Earthdragon and myself. Shaolinrasta has the thickest and longest dread locks I have ever seen. They almost touch the floor. He is a heck of a forms demonstrator and fighter. Earthdragon and I were privileged to judge the ring Shaolinrasta demonstrated and fought in.
    Last edited by mooyingmantis; 04-10-2011 at 06:43 PM.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!