Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: defense agaisnt a caught kick

case and point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulW0Rhj1z70

he even complied and it was tough... takes time...

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    case and point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulW0Rhj1z70

he even complied and it was tough... takes time...
    Yeah but martial arts should be fun... what's the point if it's not fun? Who cares how long it takes to master it or even if it can't be done live as long as you have fun doing it.

well that depends entirely on your goals... but, personally, i agree... if i dont like it i wont do it... i enjoy alot of the stuff people hate tho, soooo, yeah... im ok that way...

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    well that depends entirely on your goals... but, personally, i agree... if i dont like it i wont do it... i enjoy alot of the stuff people hate tho, soooo, yeah... im ok that way...
    Sometimes you have to go beyond conventional thought when it comes to certain techniques. Often you hear people tout off about how this or that doesn't work, but it comes down to individual and time put in. I always enjoyed doing a scissor kick takedown, was always decent at in and could land it in the right situation. Most consider this a high risk move which it is but doesn't mean I don't enjoy training it and pulling it off. It's a lot easier to pull off a single leg pick or major sweep but to me I find fun in pulling something off more unorthodox.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato