Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sanda VS Muay Thai (18 Dec 2010)

Sanda VS Muay Thai (18 Dec 2010)

2010 Professional Championship of Muay Thai Vs Sanda will be held this Saturday in Guangdong.

A serious line up including a bout between Sanda Wang Zhang Kaiyin and Aussie world champion John Wayne-Parr. Plus, especially for Bawang - the Thai tranny queen (Beautiful Boxer) will be fighting.

http://sports.163.com/10/1208/11/6NCJQUFS00051CAQ.html
    http://www.google.com.au/#q=%E4%B8%A...fd52de89475aca

Wow, they got JWP doing these!
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Yeah, I'm not surprised though, hearing the prize money that they are offering at these events now. Can't be a bad thing at least in terms of raising the standard of the matches and maybe bringing some credibility.

now the money is good? when it was US vs China it was awful money

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Don't quote me but apparently Steve McKinnon got 150K plus for winning Kungfu King last year. K1 Japan are apparently assisting in the organisation/promotion of the cable T.V events in China and there is plenty of money behind these events now. They are starting to scout for fighters in the pacific and K1 have a solid presence here, hence Aussie fighters getting a look in so far.

This is gonna be sick. JWP is a great guy.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Apologies fellas - did some fact checking tonight and it was more like 180K RMB (so closer to 30K USD). Nowhere near what I was originally told but still a decent amount for China. Nothing like a bit of Chinese whispers hey, ha ha...

T

180k rmb is a sh1tload of money in china.

also i am very excited for muay thai tranny. *rubs testicles

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

China won 3-2. Sounds dodgy as hell, for example JWP got beaten on points (but was apparently opened up). The only Muay Thai victories were K.O's - no surprise there. Beautiful Boxer got beaten hands down apparently. I'll have to reserve judgment until I see the fights, but even in the Chinese reports it sounded like the usual rules controversy and bad judging.

if you find video, please post it

I could see JWP losing on points, he lost in shootboxing on points, especially because he is very traditional Muay Thai and the scoring is different

Did you say he got cut open?????

Will do.

Yeah, one of the articles said he was opened above the eye (and he does get cut a fair bit) but my Chinese is not so good so not sure if it's right.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Tunks View Post
    Beautiful Boxer got beaten hands down apparently.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

here are clips of the fights

http://s.sohu.com/20101218/n278380398.shtml just fast forward through the box adjustments!

Beat me to it! The JWP ZKY fight looked pretty close from the highlight clip. Parr looking a little sluggish. The rules were close to K1 - no throws, no elbows, no knees to head.
    Last edited by B.Tunks; 12-18-2010 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Tunks View Post
    Beat me to it! The JWP ZKY fight looked pretty close from the highlight clip. Parr looking a little sluggish. The rules were close to K1 - no throws, no elbows, no knees to head.
    yeah he looked off his game,