Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A New Years Resolution

A New Years Resolution

In 2010 I've seen (read) too much junk that does not help the Kung Fu world. Haters, badmouthers and peeps trying to convince others that Kung Fu does not work etc etc. Another problem that I see is threads getting side tracked and peeps going off on a tangent.

Lets all make a new years resoluntion not to hate, badmouth or disrepect each other. I have read some great topics and there has been some great debates as well. I know there are a lot of arm chair warriors who like to talk stuff behind a screen. Also there a lot of Scholars who have a degree in some human science, Physics or eastern philosophy etc etc. There are many of us who have their own opinion on certain subjects and we need to respect all and there skill in their repective arts.

Another thing is going off topic. Recently a thread about what I go thru in NY turned a religious war? We need to stay on topic and I Gene should make a new thread catagory: "People that want to go off on a tangent" All peeps that want to go off can vent here and leave the other threads free to have kung fu debates and informative discussions.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
    ginosifu

Brother,

I second that.

Time to man up, stop the silly screen names along with the trolling, and disgusting behavior by certain children.

Happy Holidays!
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Hi, my name is Scott and I am an Alco-. . .I mean, wait, huh? Oh wrong meeting. Haha.

Just because someone posts under their government name doesn't mean they are inclined to act like any less of an a$$hole on the internet. Wait, did I just call myself an a$$hole? That's it, where do you train? I'm going to break your elbows.

We get punched in the face, progressively condition our skin and bones to withstand slabs of concrete and brick, hold static positions until we hallucinate, keep coming back for more on the daily but someone says something untoward on the internet?

All that swagger and all it takes is some anonymous douchnozzle hurling inane epitaphs to make one act like a little girl?

Martial arts breeds ego like sh1t breeds flies, and the biggest egos are the most brittle and in need of defense.

Decorum and moderation are lofty goals to be sure but there are those who hold themselves to a higher standard and that is sufficient.

This is the wild west man!

If you want to get along go join a new age taoist or buddhist BB, cuz there are not going to be hugs and kisses here. At least not for long. You gotta take the good with the bad and stop whining about the trolls and threads getting off topic. Its the way of things, the Tao of BB's.

Wanting it to be different and trying real hard won't stop it. Just be true to yourself and allow others to be true to themselves even if that self is a jerk a troll, a clown, a serious martial artist, a dancer, a MMA, a TCMA, etc.

Don't worry.....be happy!
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 12-24-2010 at 07:57 AM.

jin luo boxing

not only breathing exercise

but also self hitting or pai da

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUKkD80S7Xk&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZwsj...eature=related

moderate self hitting along the qi meridian pathway

help heart, spleen, liver, kidney

help diabetes, weight loss--

wow.

jin luo quan is a popular exercise and term in Taiwan right now.

---

my new year resolution

is to do more qi gong, pai da---

I serioulsy would really like to organize a weekend meeting at a slelcted school to all get together, meet each other, cross hands, share, spar, demo, showcase are skills.

This way when we actually meet each other the days following will be so much better conversation.
    I feel alot of the problems on the board would not be if we knew each other on a pesonal basis and became friends.

Even a east coast west coast annual get together would be fine to cut down travel costs.

I for one would love to host this, I have a big enough school and am 15 mintues from Niagra Falls so it could be a kung fu and site seeing weekend.
    Or we could do boston, NYC, Philly whever

Is this something to put into the plans for 2011? we could even hold a match or 2 with KFO rankings............... Gene can we make up some leather belt awards and trophies for the first but annual KFO get together
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    I serioulsy would really like to organize a weekend meeting at a slelcted school to all get together, meet each other, cross hands, share, spar, demo, showcase are skills.

This way when we actually meet each other the days following will be so much better conversation.
    I feel alot of the problems on the board would not be if we knew each other on a pesonal basis and became friends.

Even a east coast west coast annual get together would be fine to cut down travel costs.

I for one would love to host this, I have a big enough school and am 15 mintues from Niagra Falls so it could be a kung fu and site seeing weekend.
    Or we could do boston, NYC, Philly whever

Is this something to put into the plans for 2011? we could even hold a match or 2 with KFO rankings............... Gene can we make up some leather belt awards and trophies for the first but annual KFO get together
    Now THAT is a cool idea. I'd like to try to do something like that for once. I work 6 days a week so it would be pretty hard to make the time. But I'm just down the coast from SF in SLO county. I just might make that my News Years resolution, to finally meet some of the guys.

Or finally kill Chris.....one or the other......hey maybe both!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    If you want to get along go join a new age taoist or buddhist BB, cuz there are not going to be hugs and kisses here. At least not for long. You gotta take the good with the bad and stop whining about the trolls and threads getting off topic. Its the way of things, the Tao of BB's.

Wanting it to be different and trying real hard won't stop it. Just be true to yourself and allow others to be true to themselves even if that self is a jerk a troll, a clown, a serious martial artist, a dancer, a MMA, a TCMA, etc.
    You're right in the fact that we can not change the ********s out there, and we should roll with punches. However, I do enjoy a serious debate on topics, sharing knowledge with others, hearing other peeps views on tactics.

With this modern world of instant media, it is easy to see that were all not so different after all. We can see a technique from across the world in an instant. Us (normal peeps) should try and ignore all goofballs trying to push into their little baby tantrums.

EarthDragon: a get together would be nice !

ginosifu

Quote Originally Posted by ginosifu View Post
    You're right in the fact that we can not change the ********s out there, and we should roll with punches. However, I do enjoy a serious debate on topics, sharing knowledge with others, hearing other peeps views on tactics.

With this modern world of instant media, it is easy to see that were all not so different after all. We can see a technique from across the world in an instant. Us (normal peeps) should try and ignore all goofballs trying to push into their little baby tantrums.

EarthDragon: a get together would be nice !

ginosifu
    Yeah, that's what is great about the internet, the bountiful information and wonderful people we can meet. But we have to take the good with the bad. 10 years ago or so, when I started here, I was appalled at some the behavior. I was an idealist, now I am more realistic. I realize it is all part of the BB culture. It really isn't too interesting when everyone gets along all the time. It takes the childish trolls to add character to the BB.

When I was in high school I played water polo, There were guys on the team I disliked greatly out of the pool. But in the pool, they were MY team and we fought together for a common goal.

I look at the trolls that way here. They might be jerks, but they are OUR jerks. LOL!!!

I have never minded the trolls. I have never minded whether the moderators and Gene are lax or strict. They do what they do when they do it as they are guided by whatever rules they choose. If someone says something that irks me, I either join in the fun or ignore the conversation. Even in threads that stray off topic, there are usually a few who are staying on the subject.

I have started not more than 5 threads in the years I have been here, but I tend to judge the interest of threads based upon whether they stay on topic or not. It is usually the ones that stray off topic that are the most interesting ones!

its like swimming up river in a river flowing down a hill. seems like every year one of us makes this exact thread. we might even do well for like one or two days...lol, then we fall back into our regular old shinannigans.

personally there is a hand full of people that i will read their posts regularly, even to look for them. i overlook the posts i dont want to read, then read theirs, if it deals with a post i skipped then i back track to catch up, but mostly i just find the jewels in the mud, and watch them shine, its kind of fun.

its like an intellectual scavenger hunt of sorts.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    its like swimming up river in a river flowing down a hill. seems like every year one of us makes this exact thread. we might even do well for like one or two days...lol, then we fall back into our regular old shinannigans.

personally there is a hand full of people that i will read their posts regularly, even to look for them. i overlook the posts i dont want to read, then read theirs, if it deals with a post i skipped then i back track to catch up, but mostly i just find the jewels in the mud, and watch them shine, its kind of fun.

its like an intellectual scavenger hunt of sorts.
    Yeah, me too! I miss most of the trolling because I don't read most of what certain people write. As an example, I have no idea what hardwork8, or whatever his handle was, posted, because I mostly didn't read whatever he wrote. He seems to have made a lot of people upset, but since I skipped most of it, it didn't affect me.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Yeah, me too! I miss most of the trolling because I don't read most of what certain people write. As an example, I have no idea what hardwork8, or whatever his handle was, posted, because I mostly didn't read whatever he wrote. He seems to have made a lot of people upset, but since I skipped most of it, it didn't affect me.
    ditto. i however dont block anyone, because on the off chance something i read that interests me may have something to do with another poster i generally dont read.

but i LOVE funny trolls.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Thumbs up Meeting

Here is a good idea, lets meet at the Tiger/Claw Tournament in June 2011.

Best to all

Ron
    Visit the past in order to discover something new.

[url]http://wahquekungfu.proboards100.com

ron where is it? however the meeting that i wouldl like to arrgane would not be a tourney, more of a meet and greet with some cage matches, IP demos and good sharing and teaching without all the tourny stuff to occupy all the day and take the focus off the meet
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."