Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: this is what i deal with in NY

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    lol.

awesome. just awesome.

carry on!
    mhm... whenever you feel like being accountable, just let me know... you can show me all the points you countered to send me into a passive aggressive backstep in order to "save face"...

i could turn around and say the same sh!t right back atcha... you say "awesome, just awesome" rather than back your assertions... rather than to show me all the points you countered to "prove" me wrong... ur words, not mine...

all i said is that i thought he was a sh!tty buddhist wannabe, a flower dancer, and a douche... youre the one who got bent outta shape over it...
    Last edited by Syn7; 12-21-2010 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    you really think i have a "great soul"????

i have the same criticisms of all forms of organized religion aswell as ALL creationists, be it a single seekr or a group thing... i feel creationism in general is a weakness...
    Dude, your issues ( or mine) with a religion or ideology has nothing to do with individuals that may practice/believe said ideology.
    For ever crappy Christian there is a good one, for every crappy Jew, there is a good one, etc, etc.
    I would venture to say that for every crappy *insert religion here* there are far more better ones.
    How do I know this?
    Simple.
    Look around.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

a good christian dont post picturs of neked woman on internet

i think tibetan buddism is the best religion. u play human bone flutes, chant in scary voices and contemplate the darma by looking at paintings of demons having sex

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    a good christian dont post picturs of neked woman on internet
    No, they post semi-naked pictures of women on the internet.

mhm... whenever you feel like being accountable, just let me know... you can show me all the points you countered to send me into a passive aggressive backstep in order to "save face"...

i could turn around and say the same sh!t right back atcha... you say "awesome, just awesome" rather than back your assertions... rather than to show me all the points you countered to "prove" me wrong... ur words, not mine...

all i said is that i thought he was a sh!tty buddhist wannabe, a flower dancer, and a douche... youre the one who got bent outta shape over it...
    let me put it this way.

a) you are not a Buddhist by your own admission. yet you make statements as if you know how one should act as such.

b) you call him a flower dancer and have never once in your life been to his club or seen any of the material he teaches.

c) your commentary about whether or not someone is a douche speaks for itself.

That clear enough? Or do you need smaller words and a longer bullet list to point out how utterly wrong you are in this thread and yet insist on making further posts to make that concrete?

You are talking out of your ass and you are just self absorbed enough to think that you are right about this utter garbage you're going on about in regards to religion and religio-philosophy which you yourself stated you knew little if anything about.

why bother talkinag about algebra if you have zero knowledge of mathematics?

You don't make sense is what the bottom line is and if you just want to spew vitriol for the sake of it, then fine.

Don't try to paint up a donkey and call it a mule then try to sell it as a horse.

Do you want to rebut that too now? With how innocent you are and how together you have it and how clear it all is to you and what ass hats we are for pointing out that you are the one being a jerk here.

Or are we all wrong and you are right?

what say you mahatma? lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

i think syn speak truth and have honor. earth dragon more like earth poopoo LOL

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Dude, your issues ( or mine) with a religion or ideology has nothing to do with individuals that may practice/believe said ideology.
    For ever crappy Christian there is a good one, for every crappy Jew, there is a good one, etc, etc.
    I would venture to say that for every crappy *insert religion here* there are far more better ones.
    How do I know this?
    Simple.
    Look around.
    i disagree... i think there is more to being a good person than simply smiling and being nice, maybe helping a few people before you believe you will be judged on said behaviour, and simply not harming others with malice...

i actually agree with jamieson here, i think live and let live is a bad philosophy, and a dangerous one...

besides, most people dont know much about their religions, they just do their thing and wear the label... the majority get caught up in the superficial details and miss the goods altogether... like focusing on the finger, not the celestial bodies its trying to show you...

do i think most people are reletively harmless compared to the bad examples? sure... do i think most people just do their thing, love their fams and go thru life trying to look out for eachother? sure.... do i think the majority of people are in any way shape or form righteous? not even a little bit... im dissapointed in almost all of us, myself most of all... not that i dont enjoy my life, but it hurts me to see what we could be and then to realise what we are...

and creationism as a whole, i feel is a dangerous crutch for weak hearts... they preach accountability yet have no idea what accountability is if they are willing to submit to faith based ideals... to lean on something other than eachother... and the worst, to be so weak that you believe you need divine intervention of sorts...
    Last edited by Syn7; 12-21-2010 at 01:14 PM.

i disagree... i think there is more to being a good person than simply smiling and being nice, maybe helping a few people before you believe you will be judged on said behaviour, and simply not harming others with malice...
    Indeed there is more to it than that.
    But if you don't believe in a religion or ideology that advocates more than that, what makes you think that there is more than that to it?

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    let me put it this way.

a) you are not a Buddhist by your own admission. yet you make statements as if you know how one should act as such.

b) you call him a flower dancer and have never once in your life been to his club or seen any of the material he teaches.

c) your commentary about whether or not someone is a douche speaks for itself.

That clear enough? Or do you need smaller words and a longer bullet list to point out how utterly wrong you are in this thread and yet insist on making further posts to make that concrete?

You are talking out of your ass and you are just self absorbed enough to think that you are right about this utter garbage you're going on about in regards to religion and religio-philosophy which you yourself stated you knew little if anything about.

why bother talkinag about algebra if you have zero knowledge of mathematics?

You don't make sense is what the bottom line is and if you just want to spew vitriol for the sake of it, then fine.

Don't try to paint up a donkey and call it a mule then try to sell it as a horse.

Do you want to rebut that too now? With how innocent you are and how together you have it and how clear it all is to you and what ass hats we are for pointing out that you are the one being a jerk here.

Or are we all wrong and you are right?

what say you mahatma? lol
    i was a d!ck to your friend and you tried to come to his rescue... thats all this is and ever was... so dont front like it wasnt...

you make alot of assumptions about A) what i know about buddhism and how i know it and B) like you know how i feel about myself and the world around me... its funny, i dont remember giving up very much... whereas you probably have a pretty good understanding about how i feel about MA... but thats because ive mentioned it... i dont remember telling anyone on here very much at all about my philisophical beliefs... ive said a few things i dont believe, thats all... so for you to assume that means i feel i have it all figured out, well, that just makes you look like a retard...

and you should talk about passive aggressive, thats your whole game...
    Last edited by Syn7; 12-21-2010 at 01:28 PM.

Indeed there is more to it than that.
    But if you don't believe in a religion or ideology that advocates more than that, what makes you think that there is more than that to it?
    i can only speak on what i know... i know what it is to grow up with a very catholic side to my fam... i thought i was a buddhist once... but then i actually learned alot about buddhism, many sects... im no buddhist... i like some basic principles from many areas of spiritual thought, but none as a whole grab me as being more about truth and less about control... for the majority anyways... rank and filers do not deserve my respect, that goes without saying... but i take it further than that... but that doesnt mean i feel im above all that and have all the answers... i take after the other side of the fam... my grampa gave me carl sagans the cosmos and an aristotle book when i was 9... from then on ive put alot of time into understanding physics and spirituality... to such an extent that i dont see much difference between the two alot of the time... science and philosophy... the two most important topics imo...

catholics are idolators and sodomizers. jehovahs witnesses are the true christians.

i can only speak on what i know... i know what it is to grow up with a very catholic side to my fam... i thought i was a buddhist once... but then i actually learned alot about buddhism, many sects... im no buddhist... i like some basic principles from many areas of spiritual thought, but none as a whole grab me as being more about truth and less about control... for the majority anyways... rank and filers do not deserve my respect, that goes without saying... but i take it further than that... but that doesnt mean i feel im above all that and have all the answers... i take after the other side of the fam... my grampa gave me carl sagans the cosmos and an aristotle book when i was 9... from then on ive put alot of time into understanding physics and spirituality... to such an extent that i dont see much difference between the two alot of the time... science and philosophy... the two most important topics imo...
    Science and religion and philosophy are subjects for the ages, that's for sure.

Just remember that organised religion and religion are not the same thing and that now the "width" of something is not the same as knowing the "depth" of it.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    catholics are idolators and sodomizers. jehovahs witnesses are the true christians.
    ROTFLMAO !!!
    And I say this as someone that has a father, mother and older sister that are JW's.

i was a d!ck to your friend and you tried to come to his rescue... thats all this is and ever was... so dont front like it wasnt...

you make alot of assumptions about A) what i know about buddhism and how i know it and B) like you know how i feel about myself and the world around me... its funny, i dont remember giving up very much... whereas you probably have a pretty good understanding about how i feel about MA... but thats because ive mentioned it... i dont remember telling anyone on here very much at all about my philisophical beliefs... ive said a few things i dont believe, thats all... so for you to assume that means i feel i have it all figured out, well, that just makes you look like a retard...

and you should talk about passive aggressive, thats your whole game...
    You project a lot of your opinion out there. Maybe that's why you struggle with the facts.

I asked you what is it that a buddhist is supposed to act like.

then you got defensive and we got to where we are now. If you need time to review that cycle of events and have your aha moment, you go right ahead.

Now you insist that I'm a "retard".

You said yourself you don't know much about buddhism, I assumed nothing, I took your word for it.

You express in your comments how you feel and your comments reveal other aspects about your character as well, you know, what with you typing it out and saying it and standing by what you say and such. That defines parts of yoru character, whether you want it to or not.

Your need to be contrary no matter what is said speaks volumes about your character. Which I find lacking, misguided, self absorbed, uninformed and too angry about things unknown where the energy could be better spent coming to know them.

Close that door! You're a clever boy. I'm sure.

as for passive aggressive, I'm not, I'm calling you out and saying you are in error. Not passively, and not aggressively. Just pointing it out. If you don't like that, well too bad, don't write such banal quick triggered jerky things.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

ROTFLMAO !!!
    And I say this as someone that has a father, mother and older sister that are JW's.
    wow bro, i feel sorry for you. do they cut off all contact wit u?