Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: no touch knockdown in MMA

no touch knockdown in MMA

lol

It was only a knockdown and not a knockout because his qi isn't strong enough yet, and also because the guy getting attacked had good qi defense power.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

actually, I think what happend was that it was a rebound effect: the guy w the dreds projected his "peng qi" out of his left knee as it came up, but the other guy raised his hands and repelled it with his "wei qi"; dred-lock wasn't expecting his lower-gate to high-gate qi attack to be detected, much less reflected back at him, and that cause his root to dissolve, sending him to the ground

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    actually, I think what happend was that it was a rebound effect: the guy w the dreds projected his "peng qi" out of his left knee as it came up, but the other guy raised his hands and repelled it with his "wei qi"; dred-lock wasn't expecting his lower-gate to high-gate qi attack to be detected, much less reflected back at him, and that cause his root to dissolve, sending him to the ground
    Very nice analysis, that is EXACTLY what I saw!

Greetings,

The advancing guy was so caught up in his own persona that he forgot to throw the punch when the other guy lifted his knee.

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Very nice analysis, that is EXACTLY what I saw!
    I think that you and I as on-air, ring-side commentators at a UFC event would yield a veritable smorgasborg of similar insightful, erudite and esoteric observations...

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    I think that you and I as on-air, ring-side commentators at a UFC event would yield a veritable smorgasborg of similar insightful, erudite and esoteric observations...
    Except you would deliver it all sounding like that dude from Inside the Actors Studio with colour commentary from Charlie Rose.

this would confuse most of the fanship....
    Kung Fu is good for you.

The real reason you don't see kong jing (no touch KO) in UFC (video)

Does George Dillman actually believe he has these powers or is he intentionally scamming people?

This goes back to the other thread of do these no touch guys actually believe they have mystic power, or are they just BS'ing their students for profit?

I mean the teachers. Surely the students believe it is real.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z0_n...layer_embedded

I believe pressure points are real. I can press them on myself and they hurt. And it probably hurts like hell to be struck in one of them. Honestly, if I got phoenix eye fist punched in the temple, I would probably pass out or cry.

I also think it's probably exceedingly difficult to intentionally hit one on a resisting, moving opponent who doesn't leave his arm extended after a punch for you to do a 10 hit combo on (although I'm sure it randomly happens from time to time, just like how occasionally you'll see a relatively soft-looking punch hit just the right spot and break someone's orbital bone or whatever).

But this no touch knock out stuff? Seriously?

Good to know you can defend against it by alternately raising your big toes (see vid).

Silly George has given us an easy defense to the ultimate martial art technique.

An art which takes years of daily practice to develop can be defeated by someone with no training who puts forth a little effort to raise his big toe

No wonder we don't see kong jing in the UFC: the fighters have their toes raised.

Blog Entries
    Question: Don't you EVER get tired of bringing up the same ol sh1t? i mean this is seriously getting played out. not directed at you specifically but dang, i'm so bored of the repetitious gung fu suck, gung fu this, gung fu that........
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Well if I bring it up on bullshido they will all just agree with me.

If I bring it up on Kong Jing forums they will defend it and no one learns anything.

I like KFM. It's a happy medium. You can get input from all kinds of people.

I think pressure points are better used in medicinal settings, because the subject is willingly offering you open access to them.

Anyone that is sane and has a solid grip on reality knows full well that what you are talking about is impossible. IMPOSSIBLE!! You cannot project your chi beyond the outer confines of your body or extremeties. Period. It is your own life force and it fuels your own body. It can not be used in any other way. Period.
    To use your chi would be simply to focus your strength or engery into a single or a series of physical applications using your own body. You can not use it any other way. Even a discussion about it will not change that fact. People are always performing parlor tricks to make themselves look special. When people perform these parlor tricks, they know it is a parlor trick. With about 60 seconds of instruction I can make it absolutely impossible for a 300 lb man to lift an 8 year old child off the floor. And it is a simple trick that anyone can do. So is these people are doing little tricks to fool people they do it for the respect it gains them or the money people are willing to pay them to learn. How many students can do this? As compared to their master. Probably none of them. Or if they learn the trick, they keep it to themselves to use when they wish to trick people or make money. I suspect also that the students might also be involved in the trickery.
    Technique, along with the use of your chi, you can focus your strength into a focal point and exert a tremendous amount of energy, you just can't shoot people with it.
    As for Dim Mak, or point striking, it is indeed possible to use. It might not be practical with some forms of gung fu, or other forms of fighting, but there are systems that use it very effectively.
    Jackie Lee

It's also interesting to me from a social standpoint.

These people actually believe they are being moved by someone else's qi and in turn have a quantifiable physical effect (they fall over).

Unless they're just playing along.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    It's also interesting to me from a social standpoint.

These people actually believe they are being moved by someone else's qi and in turn have a quantifiable physical effect (they fall over).

Unless they're just playing along.

It's a placebo effect

Just like a preacher makes his disciples believe they are being anointed
    Last edited by pateticorecords; 09-09-2011 at 01:36 PM.
    Tom
    Integrated Kung Fu Academy
    Kung Fu - Kickboxing - MMA -Self Defense
    Media, PA -Delaware County

hey ironfist, lets dojostorm all the no touch gyms!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

You guys would never be able to lay a hand on the no-touch dummies!