Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: no touch knockdown in MMA

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    do not worries it is a manly story so its ok.
    Xiexie, you yi ge huaren shuo zheyang rang wo kaixin.

I think a similar trick is used to sell those scammy "power bracelets" or whatever that you see on infomercials and at mall kiosks.

The guy pulls you over, then you put on a power bracelet and he cannot pull you over anymore.

The trick has been exposed on youtube and on the news, but people still fall for it and buy that garbage.

I wonder if no touch knockouts would work on someone wearing a power bracelet!
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

i feel bad that you had an extremely bad experience with martial art cult/scam. but you cant let that blind hate take over you.

if you reject and redcicule kung fu because of that bad experience, the people who did it to you win. they drove you away from kung fu, they are in control.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    i feel bad that you had an extremely bad experience with martial art cult/scam. but you cant let that blind hate take over you.

if you reject and redcicule kung fu because of that bad experience, the people who did it to you win. they drove you away from kung fu, they are in control.
    I wish that when I was younger I had had someone explain to me about all the silly stuff that goes on in many TMA schools so I wouldn't have wasted my time.

Maybe I had to go through it in order to fully believe it.

I never even trained against a resisting opponent until I was like 21 or 22 (not including point sparring in karate, but that doesn't count).

I've met a lot of cool people in martial arts and in strength training who have helped me out a lot, so I try to give back to the community. I know there is a lot of bad information out there. Part of the reason I "saw the light" so to speak is because of some of these cool people who helped me.

It's all done out of love

love is the delusion of the weak. real men do not love.

im joke, we internet buddies. i give imaginary internet hug, close your eyes.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

I can make one arm longer than the other, and I can pull my finger into two pieces and put it back together, also I can make my fingers jump from hand to hand.

I knows pretty deadly magic!

I would teach you, but it is too secret and I would have to kill you!

I can also teach you how kill yourself and come back from the dead. But you have to pay up front for that one. I have had too many students fail to return just to avoid paying me!

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    I can make one arm longer than the other, and I can pull my finger into two pieces and put it back together, also I can make my fingers jump from hand to hand.

I knows pretty deadly magic!

I would teach you, but it is too secret and I would have to kill you!

I can also teach you how kill yourself and come back from the dead. But you have to pay up front for that one. I have had too many students fail to return just to avoid paying me!
    cymac show you "the deadly"? lol

anyways, does anyone but me understand that this kind of stuff is the reason TCMA gets a bad name? seriously. I debate many people on here about the internal/external debate and when they start throwing crap back at me I point to this stuff. THIS IS WHY. It makes me sad to the core of my being when this stuff is thrown out because in my heart of black hearts i do truely love TCMA and can't understand why it keeps shooting itself in the foot.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

The cream always rises to the top. The frauds have done themselves in. It's a good time for kung fu. as they die, things change.

In short, some people worry too much. Worrying doesn't make your kung fu good or your students'.

Have a beer.

Seriously. I stopped worrying a long time ago. People are unwilling to see the light of day, and that's a constant. Fug em I say, no time for it.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Seriously. I stopped worrying a long time ago. People are unwilling to see the light of day, and that's a constant. Fug em I say, no time for it.
    When the apocalypse comes, only tai chi hippies and illustriously titled kempo masters will have the fat content for the flavorful barbecue Gene Ching demands.

I suspect the kempo masters will fare worst for it. "Sick your lawyers on me, I've dragged bigger with my ballsack!"

Cause that's how Gene Ching will roll. Dude'll ride roughshod over the dregs in a pinto driving forty in reverse. In the apocalypse. Cause he's Gene freekin Ching.

it is real

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    It's also interesting to me from a social standpoint.

These people actually believe they are being moved by someone else's qi and in turn have a quantifiable physical effect (they fall over).

Unless they're just playing along.
    I served as a pentecostal minister for about 14 years. So, I am NOT dissing on Christians, Christianity, or Pentecostalism. However, I saw this same nonsense phenomenon by my "associates" who would knock individuals or even groups over and call it "being slain in the Spirit". Peeps can be very gullible. Whether they are lawyers or bums. Sometimes I just had to roll my eyes.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Quote Originally Posted by dillman View Post
    it is real
    Username + reply

Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    When the apocalypse comes, only tai chi hippies and illustriously titled kempo masters will have the fat content for the flavorful barbecue Gene Ching demands.

I suspect the kempo masters will fare worst for it. "Sick your lawyers on me, I've dragged bigger with my ballsack!"

Cause that's how Gene Ching will roll. Dude'll ride roughshod over the dregs in a pinto driving forty in reverse. In the apocalypse. Cause he's Gene freekin Ching.
    I hope King Ching knows he already has an army ready and waiting.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by dillman View Post
    it is real
    Because I SAID SO!!!

And MY word is good enough!