Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: no touch knockdown in MMA

Quote Originally Posted by Indrafist View Post
    There's something known in clinical hypnosis as 'The Postural Sway Test' as an index of suggestability. It can be used to 'knock' people over, without contact, provided that their suggestabilty is high enough. The suggestion that they will fall forward is sometimes 'resisted' by falling (or swaying) backwards. To a skilled hypnotist, any resistance, is useable. The only successful resistance is to leave the room, so, in a MA context, with believing students, it's usually easy to pull off. Stage hypnotism is far easier than clinical hypnotherapy and the context is not dissinilar to where you have no-touch MA knockouts.
    Didn't any of you see the utube clip of the old dude counting out 5 grand to be given to anyone that could defeat him? Some Karate guy I think mugged him and took his 5 grand.
    The guy acted as though he was actually feeling the effects of the qi blasts, but I think that might have been a professional courtasy since he was going to take the guys money. No need to show him up completely. Make it look like it was a struggle, but still take his money.
    Jackie Lee

Kung Fu doesn't fight, never mind death touch. You have to be in a fight and have the ability to clearly touch someone at a certain point while they're trying to kick your a$$.. doesn't seam likely from today's practitioners.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    Kung Fu doesn't fight, never mind death touch. You have to be in a fight and have the ability to clearly touch someone at a certain point while they're trying to kick your a$$.. doesn't seam likely from today's practitioners.
    That is not how you are supposed to use it. You want to kill your adversary when you shake his hand or pat him on the back or massage that knot out of his sore muscles.

It is more for assassination, not fighting. It is hard to touch someone who is trying to whack you with a sword or pitch fork, shovel, staff, axe, hammer, fishing pole, oar, net, spear, halbred, rifle, car..........

seriously? this again?

lin kong jin is dependent upon a few things.

1: the cult of personality whereby all students are mindless sheep who believe everything teh master has to say verbatim.

2. willful ignorance of all participants

3. unbridled stupidity

No touch knockouts = no such thing.

If there was such a thing, it would have been at an apex long ago and we would by weapons or train in anything but this!

Really, don't eat the big bar of stupid as you navigate through the candy store like features of traditional martial arts. Careful, there's a lot of nutbars in the bin.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Because I SAID SO!!!

And MY word is good enough!
    It all depends on who's word and what situation. When you paddle out to a new 25 foot wave for the first time, you listen to locals you never met before when they tell you paddle out to the right of the big rock.

Of course, if you see everyone is successfully paddling out to the left then you have to wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    It all depends on who's word and what situation. When you paddle out to a new 25 foot wave for the first time, you listen to locals you never met before when they tell you paddle out to the right of the big rock.

Of course, if you see everyone is successfully paddling out to the left then you have to wonder.
    Come on Ray, you must be bored today!

Of course there is a difference between someone's word concerning an everyday activity, such as surfing, and someone else's word concerning magical kills at a distance.

Even then you would be a bit incredulous if someone told you they surfed a 100 foot wave a thousand miles without stoppping to pee even one time!

I agree with Xu on this one

Kung Fu
    Xu Xiaodong mocks ‘acupuncture master’ Huo Yanshan for ‘fake’ win over Chinese Sanda fighter
    Huo Yanshan ‘beats’ supposed Chinese Sanda fighter with a comical blow to the chest – and gives him some acupressure karate chops to alleviate the pain
    Chinese MMA fighter Xu challenges Huo to a fight so he can ‘defend the dignity of Sanda’
    Nicolas Atkin
    Published: 7:44pm, 2 Jul, 2019

Huo Yanshan faces off against the supposed Chinese Sanda fighter – who flops to the floor in faux agony. Photos: Fighting World

Xu Xiaodong has mocked a “fake” kung fu practitioner, ridiculing Huo Yanshan as the “acupuncture master” after he won what clearly appears to be a staged bout in China against a supposed Sanda fighter.
    Dressed in traditional martial arts attire but wearing boxing gloves for last weekend’s fight, Huo circled around the ring with his opponent before checking a couple of his kicks.
    The “Sanda fighter” then flopped to the floor after one mighty chop to his left pectoral from Huo, and rolled around for a bit while clutching his upper body and grimacing slightly.
    Huo danced around the ring celebrating while the commentators screamed in awe at his “knockout”, but our honourable master made sure to go back and check on his opponent – and this is where things got really silly.

Huo helped his opponent up to his feet with the Sanda fighter comically stumbling and shaking as his team tried to prop him up.
    A member of his team then delivered some acupressure chops to his back to help alleviate the pain (even though he was hit on the chest).

Huo Yanshan gives his opponent some acupuncture to alleviate the pain as he is carried out of the ring.

Huo also helpfully joined in with some gentle acupuncture chops of his own as his stricken opponent was carried out of the ring.
    It didn’t take long for Huo to start boasting of his momentous victory on Chinese social media, either.
    “After my fight, many people requested a fight against me,” Huo said in a video. “I hereby state I would accept any of form of fight, provided it is going to be held on a reasonable and legal platform.”

Huo Yanshan fells his opponent with an almighty chop to the chest.

Well, as we know well enough by now, outspoken Chinese MMA fighter Xu doesn’t need a second invitation to challenge what he sees as traditional martial arts frauds.
    “This chap is the disciple of Taiji cheater Chen Xiaowang – the so called acupuncture cheating master Huo Yanshan,” Xu wrote in a post on his Weibo account.
    Chen is the taijiquan “grandmaster” who successfully sued Xu in the Chinese courts last month. Xu was ordered to publicly apologise and had to pay damages of around 400,000 yuan.

Huo Yanshan’s opponent is helped to his feet by his team after his flop.

“I, Xu Xiaodong, will be the first one to go and fight against this fake master,” he added.
    “I call for organisers from all over the world to contact me for the fight and also give me an appearance fee to support my living!
    “I am not joking, a fight of any kind will do. Please contact me as I will wait for you. Xu Xiaodong will fight for the dignity of Chinese Sanda.”
    THREADS
    Xu Xiaodong
    no touch knockdown in MMA
    Acupuncture
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart