Thread: the fighter

The state that resembles a middle finger.

The fighter

Looking forward to this one. The last of the great fights in boxing IMO.

Irish Mickey ward and Gotti.

Walburg and Bale doing excellent job.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/09/...s-the-fighter/
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

the fighter

saw this movie on friday and wow...some really great performance, but it was bales movie all the way, from frame one he takes the film and makes it his, and hats off to wahlberg who let him. as for the films star wahlberg turned a great performance, so did amy adams, who is absolutely gorgeous. first let me say this movie is NOT a rocky film. its a film about family, about the bond between brothers. it does have the rocky feel the guy from the gutter coming up. but its is its own entity. at the end of the film we get a glimpse of the actual micky ward and his brother ****y ecklund. and the performances were spot on. give this movie 9-10. go see it. and after you see this go see black swan.trust me you will not be disappointed.

is this one currently in theaters?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

yes it is.

I agree. This movie was great. Amy Adams was gorgeous even in that throwback early 90s get up... and it was definitely Bale's movie. The guy may be an a-hole but he's a top notch actor. The fact that he sheds so much weight to do films blows my mind. So he'll be going from this skinny character to beefing up for The Dark Knight Rises, much like he went from 100 lbs in The Machinist to 200 for Batman Begins.

some of the best artists/performers are *******s. lool

that sometimes is a side effect of being great and knowing it haha.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenshiite View Post
    I agree. This movie was great. Amy Adams was gorgeous even in that throwback early 90s get up... and it was definitely Bale's movie. The guy may be an a-hole but he's a top notch actor. The fact that he sheds so much weight to do films blows my mind. So he'll be going from this skinny character to beefing up for The Dark Knight Rises, much like he went from 100 lbs in The Machinist to 200 for Batman Begins.
    idk whether he is a hole or not(not even counting the terminator moment, he's a method actor, and as a working director i can tell you method actors are extremely, shall we say focused) but he certainly deserves the gold statue for best supporting actor. and i think wahlberg has found his next career as a producer because he has certainly picked some winners. and he has the professionalism to step back and let bale eclipse him most actors wouldnt do that...cause in point, jackie chans supercop when michelle yeoh drove the motor cycle on the train(still to this day top ten greatest stunt of all time) jackie then tried to eclipse her by adding the helicopter stunt...however he didnt...

i need to see this movie

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Zenshiite View Post
    and it was definitely Bale's movie. The guy may be an a-hole but he's a top notch actor. The fact that he sheds so much weight to do films blows my mind. .
    David O'Russel is well known for his on-set freak outs (starts about 1m in)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Qls1rAfYs

Maybe thats why they worked so well together. . .

In all honesty though I think people judge Bale a little too harshly, everyone just calls him an ******* because of one or two isolated incidents that went viral and got blown up in the press. Have you ever met the guy?

That DOP he screamed at famously could be strangling a newborn right now.

I'm no actor but I'm fairly certain you are not supposed to be dinking around in someones line of sight while they are trying to act.

Or could he could just be a monumental douche. Either way.
    Last edited by wenshu; 12-30-2010 at 08:27 AM.