Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk Whisky!

Hybrid View

gibsons is alright... but i still like crown better... but its a blended whiskey, made from milled corn, rye and malted barley... i dont drink expensive booze very often... i thought you meant what do we dink on the regular... as for the pricey stuff, single malt... and like a few have said, not tasting like medicine or formaldahyde... yech... but there are a handfull of really good ones easilly available... i too prefer barley over rye, but probably only cause its what im used to cause it was gramps fav... best i ever had was a highland single malt, cant remember the name right now... im no connoisseur tho... my grampa was right into it, most i learned from him... the stuff he made was pretty good too...
    Last edited by Syn7; 12-29-2010 at 06:15 PM.

blech i stick to mead, absinthe, ouzo and some spanish wines and scottish beer thank you very much.

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

ive never actuallyhad real wormwood booze... i heard it tastes like shyte...

is that fake absynth stuff any good goju??? or did you mean you like the real deal?? and if so, where you get that??? did you order it online???

coz the stuff you can get locally, atleast here, is not wormwood at all... but i know cats who have been able to get it thru the mail...

as far as types of wines... chianti is at the top of my list... way ahead of the rest... dunno why, i just like it best...

ive had the more watered down stuff and teh real stuff

the bigget difference is the taste teh real can be more bitter and knock you on your @ss easier

http://www.eabsinthe.com/i31//information.html

http://www.absintheonline.com/acatal..._absinthe.html

the greek ouzo tastes pretty much the same though and is cheaper/easier to get your hands on

both basically just taste like a real strong licorice drink so its best to mix it with something if youre a more for taste type of drinker

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

I don't much care for scotch whiskies. I drink a lot of Canadian blends. Blended Canadian whisky is smooth and tastes good. Second to that I like a good bourbon whisky.
    Once knew an old man that made bourbon. He malted his own corn and barley. He bought fresh barrels and would put certain sugars in rain water in them and left it for a long time. Dried them good and then burned them out. Carmalizing the sugars in the wood and bringing out many other flavors. He also added additional burnt woods into the barrels and he could age whisky that tasted like 15 year old in about 18 months. You would have to sip some of this brew to appreciate what he could do. I drink approximately 5.25 liters of whisky every month.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    I don't much care for scotch whiskies. I drink a lot of Canadian blends. Blended Canadian whisky is smooth and tastes good. Second to that I like a good bourbon whisky.
    Once knew an old man that made bourbon. He malted his own corn and barley. He bought fresh barrels and would put certain sugars in rain water in them and left it for a long time. Dried them good and then burned them out. Carmalizing the sugars in the wood and bringing out many other flavors. He also added additional burnt woods into the barrels and he could age whisky that tasted like 15 year old in about 18 months. You would have to sip some of this brew to appreciate what he could do. I drink approximately 5.25 liters of whisky every month.
    if whiskey isnt your main drink....... you sir, are an alcaholic 5 liters is alot...

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    if whiskey isnt your main drink....... you sir, are an alcaholic 5 liters is alot...
    It's a bottle a week.

Or, about 5 oz a day, every day.

I am guessing that LCP is perma buzzed at all times.

Like the entire adult population of the UK. slightly buzzed all day.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    ive had the more watered down stuff and teh real stuff

the bigget difference is the taste teh real can be more bitter and knock you on your @ss easier

http://www.eabsinthe.com/i31//information.html

http://www.absintheonline.com/acatal..._absinthe.html

the greek ouzo tastes pretty much the same though and is cheaper/easier to get your hands on

both basically just taste like a real strong licorice drink so its best to mix it with something if youre a more for taste type of drinker
    i heard it tastes like sh!t... but ive never tried, myself... real wormwood apparently needs to be mixed well to be drinkable... true???

wormwood booze is illegal in most if not all states correct??? im still suprised salvia is legal pretty much everywhere... that sh!t is crazy... but pot is NOT OK... and they will even extradite(sp?) activist politicians over it... big money in that drug war stuff... big money...
    Last edited by Syn7; 12-31-2010 at 02:47 PM.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    i heard it tastes like sh!t... but ive never tried, myself... real wormwood apparently needs to be mixed well to be drinkable... true???

wormwood booze is illegal in most if not all states correct??? im still suprised salvia is legal pretty much everywhere... that sh!t is crazy... but pot is NOT OK... and they will even extradite(sp?) activist politicians over it... big money in that drug war stuff... big money...
    absinthe ban was lifted in the states in 2009. It's totally legal. And no, it's not a hallucinogen...although after about four glasses you are in a different world, no doubt.
    Before 2009, I used to order my absinthes from eabsinthe..it gets expensive-they charge 40-50 bucks for shipping, so a forty dollar absinthe will cost you eighty. But I was able to sample several nice French absinthes and a few swiss varieties. Never had any of the Czech stuff. Heard it was rotgut.
    I'm looking to try Mansinthe-Marilyn Manson's brand. I heard it was actually very good.
    Here in NY, you need to travel around. Every time I pass a liquor store I've never seen, I go in to see if they carry absinthe. So far, on L.I. all I've seen is Lucid and Kubler, and Grande Absente..still not sure about that one..it used to not have real wormwood, now they claim it does. I'll have to sit down and have 4 glasses or so...
    I did get to kill a bottle of Nouvelle Orleans over a few weeks. They actually had it behind the bar at Big Daddy's. The bartender didn't even know what it was, and thank Godz, he didn't know to charge me $$$ for it..so....;-)
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Anyone tried the honey jack?

Anyone tried the honey jack?
    I have a friend that lives on Honey Jack. I have drank it and it is pretty good. Gentleman Jack is just Jack that has been filtered an extra time through fruitwood charcoal. I also like good vodka that is distilled by fractionation rather than the standard pot still. It is clean at about 195 proof and does not have all the aldihydes and conjoners in it that the standard pot stilled whiskeys have. Less headache in a jug compared. Well, you still have to dilute it with distilled water to make it drinkable. I have a theory. It is when you begin to detox that you start feeling the effects of all the higher alchohols, so rather than do that to yourself, just never detox. Stay at that point where you have a really buzz going on and never sober up. Never experience that hangover. I have messed up a few times and over slept, and I am certain that I have caught a glimpse of the grim reaper a time or two, but thank Daniel's for that little hair of the dog that bit me. That is the antidote.
    Jackie Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    I have a friend that lives on Honey Jack. I have drank it and it is pretty good. Gentleman Jack is just Jack that has been filtered an extra time through fruitwood charcoal. I also like good vodka that is distilled by fractionation rather than the standard pot still. It is clean at about 195 proof and does not have all the aldihydes and conjoners in it that the standard pot stilled whiskeys have. Less headache in a jug compared. Well, you still have to dilute it with distilled water to make it drinkable. I have a theory. It is when you begin to detox that you start feeling the effects of all the higher alchohols, so rather than do that to yourself, just never detox. Stay at that point where you have a really buzz going on and never sober up. Never experience that hangover. I have messed up a few times and over slept, and I am certain that I have caught a glimpse of the grim reaper a time or two, but thank Daniel's for that little hair of the dog that bit me. That is the antidote.
    Word, just get your drunken style jug with a good cork and tie that b1tch to your waist. Drinks all day! Stay drunk, my friend.

Honestly, I'm not a big drinker. I never let it get a hold of me and I never get hammered. EVER. I never lose control. I'll stop at a nice wobble, where I feel good but I can still throw down some windmills in the cypher. Nothing worse than a hammered B-Boy. "wait wait, I can do this, lemme try again" lol. Train wreck. Just say no.
    I likes me some ganja more. Much healthier. As I age I smoke less and less tho. Nothin like a nice blunt after a long day. Way better than a whiskey, for me anyways. Although I do enjoy a nice drink before bed sometimes.

I love Evan Williams Bourbon Whiskey! I like the range of flavors on it.

James T. Kirk Straight Bourbon

Among Starfleet’s legendary space explorers, it is Admiral James T. Kirk who most embodies the spirit of bold adventure.

Born in the great state of Iowa on planet Earth in 2233, Kirk spent part of his youth on planet Tarsus IV, where he narrowly escaped death at the hand of the infamous Kodos the Executioner. Admitted to Starfleet Academy in 2250, Kirk was the only cadet to beat the infamous “Kobayashi Maru” test of character. As an ensign, he served on the Starship Republic, and his first posting after graduation in 2254 was aboard the U.S.S. Farragut.

James Kirk took command of the Starship Enterprise in 2264 on a five-year voyage of deep-space exploration that made him a legend. During that time, he led one of the first missions beyond our galaxy, he averted a new war with the Romulan Empire, and he literally saved Earth history by going back in time to undo a temporal accident.

Intensely loyal to his crew, Kirk did not hesitate to risk his career to rescue Spock, his first officer and friend, who was believed dead on the Genesis Planet. In one of Kirk’s most celebrated missions, he defied Starfleet Command to commandeer a stolen Klingon ship to prevent an ecological catastrophe from devastating his home world. Kirk entered a temporal anomaly in 2293 while helping to save the Starship Enterprise-B on its maiden voyage. He emerged in the year 2371, where he was killed while protecting the inhabitants of the Veridian system. He is buried on a mountaintop on Veridian III.

Kirk explored strange, new worlds, led humanitarian missions, and brought peace to planets in conflict. He made first contact with new life and new civilizations, pushing outward the frontiers of knowledge as he explored boldly, where none had gone before. He represented humanity at its best, doing the things that humans do best.

James T. Kirk Straight Bourbon celebrates his bold spirit of adventure.
    Should be brandy.

Saurian brandy.

That was Kirk's drink of choice.

THREADS:
    Let's talk Whisky!
    kung fu star trek people
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

$343,000

Japanese Whisky Sells for Record $343,000
    BY BLOUIN ARTINFO | AUGUST 23, 2018

“YAMAZAKI-50 YEAR OLD"
    (Courtesy: Bonhams)

A 50-year-old rare first edition of Yamazaki whisky sold for a record $343,000 in the Bonhams Whisky Sale in Hong Kong on August 17, 2018. The cost for the whiskey was estimated at HK$1,800,000-2,400,000/£175,000-235,000. Previously, an expression of Karuizawa 1960 52-year-old 'The Dragon’ fetched HK$2.45 million at Bonhams in Hong Kong. Yamazaki single malt aged 50 years sold for HK$2.337 million at a Sotheby's auction in January in Hong Kong too.

"The oldest expression from the famous Japanese distillery, the whisky was matured in casks made from mizunara (Japanese Oak) before being bottled and released in 2005. Only 50 bottles were produced, making it one of the scarcest Japanese whiskies,” saidBonhams.com/press_release/26301/"> Bonhams.

The sale presented the finest of Japanese whiskies along with some of the most sought-after names in Scotch whisky such as Macallan, Port Ellen, and Ardbeg. In more than 620 bottles offered, there were 40 bottles of Yamazaki — which included the Yamazaki-35 year old priced at (HK$350,000-500,000/£34,200-48,400) and the Suntory-Rolling Stone 50th Anniversary (HK$280,000-360,000/£27,300-35,200). A bottle of Hibiki-Arita-35 year old, produced to celebrate the 400th anniversary of Japanese porcelain production was also offered for sale. Apparently only 150 bottles of the same were released.

Other selections included the finest Macallans — a Macallan Fine & Rare-1937-37 year old that cost HK$260,000-320,000/£25,400-31,200, and Macallan Fine & Rare-1946-56 year old that costs about HK$250,000-300,000/£24,400-29,300.

There was also a vertical collection of Port Ellen Annual Release, 17 bottles from 2001-2017 costing HK$280,000-360,000/£27,300-35,200. Besides these, on the block were pre-prohibition and medicinal bourbon whiskies from the early 20th century, including a bottle of Antique Whiskey-1912 costing HK$15,000-18,000/£1,400-1,700.

http://www.blouinartinfo.com

Founder: Louise Blouin
    Japanese whiskys are blowin up.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart