Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Legal Self Defense Questions

Legal Self Defense Questions

If you are driving in a parking lot or slowly down the street and someone steps in front of your car to make you stop while other people start coming up to your car doors and try to open them, can you floor it and run over the person who is blocking your way of escape?

Dunno, but that is one of those situations where if I genuinely felt like I was in real danger, I would do what I had to do and worry about the consequences after.

You should always consider the legal ramifications of your actions, but in the face of death or grave bodily harm, do what ya gotta!

If they've got a gun, maybe.

If they're unarmed and just crazy, prob not a good idea.

lawyer-fu is something you don't wanna mess with.
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/.../0776.013.html

776.013 Home protection; use of deadly force; presumption of fear of death or great bodily harm.—
    (1) A person is presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another when using defensive force that is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm to another if:
    (a) The person against whom the defensive force was used was in the process of unlawfully and forcefully entering, or had unlawfully and forcibly entered, a dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle, or if that person had removed or was attempting to remove another against that person’s will from the dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle; and
    (b) The person who uses defensive force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry or unlawful and forcible act was occurring or had occurred.
    (c) “Vehicle” means a conveyance of any kind, whether or not motorized, which is designed to transport people or property.

Situation: I have a serious legal question concerning a situation that might never occur. Should I:

a) go to a kung fu forum on the internet to get vague opinions from non-experts

OR

b) ask a lawyer

Which is it guys?

Quote Originally Posted by pazman View Post
    Situation: I have a serious legal question concerning a situation that might never occur. Should I:

a) go to a kung fu forum on the internet to get vague opinions from non-experts

OR

b) ask a lawyer

Which is it guys?
    It's neither because we dont live in your doomazz world. The members on here are not retards like you that cannot see any reality further away from your face than 4 inches.

a) Your disrespectful and ignorant reply is unwanted. Not all the members of this forum are ass clowns like you that have no life experiences and no professional expertise to contribute. You should value the members on here much more than you do. They have a wealth of lifetime experience and vast professional experiences from many disciplines.

b) Ill get the crayons out here and draw you picture child. my question is not a serious question but a random passing thought that occurred to me while watching a movie. NO I did not run someone over last night and am in desperate need of legal advice. This is in large part a self defense forum, it is likely that the members (not you) are knowledgable in laws regarding self defense and have collectively thought about millions of possible self defense self preservation scenarios.
    Last edited by KungFubar; 06-29-2013 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFubar View Post
    It's neither because we dont live in your doomazz world. The members on here are not retards like you that cannot see any reality further away from your face than 4 inches.

a) Your disrespectful and ignorant reply is unwanted. Not all the members of this forum are ass clowns like you that have no life experiences and no professional expertise to contribute. You should value the members on here much more than you do. They have a wealth of lifetime experience and vast professional experiences from many disciplines.

b) Ill get the crayons out here and draw you picture child. my question is not a serious question but a random passing thought that occurred to me while watching a movie. NO I did not run someone over last night and am in desperate need of legal advice. This is in large part a self defense forum, it is likely that the members (not you) are knowledgable in laws regarding self defense and have collectively thought about millions of possible self defense self preservation scenarios.

Are there any lawyers on the forums? You asked a legal question. These are the kinds of questions I would ask my lawyer if I felt I would be in one of these situations.

Quote Originally Posted by pazman View Post

Are there any lawyers on the forums? You asked a legal question. These are the kinds of questions I would ask my lawyer if I felt I would be in one of these situations.
    All here ye here ye, Pazman has decreed that discussion about legal aspects of self defense is not allowed or appropriate here on kungfumagazine.com because Pazman would prefer to get his $$$$ checkbook out and call his lawyer everytime a random legal question occurs to him.

There are a few lawyers here. Maybe they will step up. Although, I wouldn't blame them if they didn't. Or like John Oliver's "legal joke" the other day... they will throw down a massive disclaimer first.

If it's Texas, just make sure it's night time and anyone you kill is marginalized in some way. Then your good.

Fla? Stand your ground! Floor it!

Seriously, you prolly shouldn't kill anyone that isn't trying to kill you. Fuck the law, it's Jesus you have to worry about.

All here ye here ye, Pazman has decreed that discussion about legal aspects of self defense is not allowed or appropriate here on kungfumagazine.com because Pazman would prefer to get his $$$$ checkbook out and call his lawyer everytime a random legal question occurs to him.
    How is talking about the legal ramifications of self defense on a kung fu(self defense) forum NOT relevant? I mean, this is what we learn to do... hurt people.

Prolly not a bad idea to know if you'll get thrown in a cage for doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    How is talking about the legal ramifications of self defense on a kung fu(self defense) forum NOT relevant? I mean, this is what we learn to do... hurt people.

Prolly not a bad idea to know if you'll get thrown in a cage for doing so.

agree 100%, this is the perfect place to kick this topic around.

The martial arts world is notorious for bad legal advice. I remember hearing as a kid that people with black belts had their hands registered with the police as deadly weapons.

If you are worrying about the legal ramifications, then it's probably not self-defense!

tell that to george zimmerman. clear cut case of self defense and hes on trial now. It could happen to you or anyone of us. once it becomes political it doesnt matter what the facts are.
    Zimmerman is now fighting for his life .... again.
    Last edited by KungFubar; 06-30-2013 at 04:34 PM.

Self-defense?

Really?

Is it common to follow, harass, and approach random people for no reason, all the while carrying a gun, down there in Florida?

tell that to george zimmerman. clear cut case of self defense and hes on trial now. It could happen to you or anyone of us. once it becomes political it doesnt matter what the facts are.
    Seriously?

I will give you a chance to explain before I decide I don't like you.