Thread: Let's talk Whisky!

Let's talk Whisky!

Single malt?
    Blends?
    Bourbon?
    Rye?
    Scotch?

What's your posion and why?

I like a single malt scotch, not too peaty and not to medicine like. Soemwhere in between and I like a quinto rubana where teh scotch has taken on flavour from sitting in a port barrel for a few years.

How about you? Or do you like lite beer with a nipple on the bottle?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I'll have a milk, bartender.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

crown royal is my staple...

mcallen single malt scotch. 15yrs. why because it taste like ambrosia.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I've only tried a few single malts-the usual suspects-glennlivett, glenfiddich (sp?) Mcallen..I like Glenlivett thye best so far-smokey and smooth.
    Although one of my students got me a bottle of JWR, and it's starting to grow on me. I think anything I drink for awhile starts to taste better...
    I've also gotten to like Jack Daniels as of late. Again, It seems the more I drink it, the smoother it gets. I've been meaning to try Gentleman Jack. I've heard good things about it.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Havn't been a whiskey drinker for 40 years. Canadian Mist back then. Alcoholic battles with all the major players when I was younger, not a regular drinker for the last 10 years or so. Saki or Chinese rice wine is the only sauce I truly enjoy to slog around on occasionally now. (room temp, slug from the bottle). Cheers!
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 12-27-2010 at 08:41 PM.

Jameson would be my pick...

I can't afford the really good stuff, but a single malt scotch is my choice. I've found a few good ones for pretty cheap: Benromasch is one no one's named. prob' only a seven year, but for $32.00 it's very tasty. Glenmorangie has some very good ones for a little more. right now I have Balvenie Doublewood (oak and cherry casks) 12 years, holiday gift from boss.

don't like Islay (sea salt makes me...), don't like when it tastes like formaldehyde, otherwise, love it.

Straight, beer is the best chaser. (but which beer is another thread )

Glenlivet 12 yr single malt Scotch for me.
    My Dad has a fondness for the 12 yr ( or older) Chivas.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I made a mistake. The second cask in the Doublewood is not 'cherry' it is 'sherry oak.' Sorry hate to contribute more misinformation to the kung fu world.

nice drinkies.

Shellie, you like the Irish whisky eh?
    Ever tried a scotch? It goes beyond! lol

Not a big rye drinker, I would consider my bottom of the barrel Canadian whiskey to start at Crown Royal and Gibsons. I refuse to do others with the exception of perhaps a special edition wisers deluxe.

For Bourbon, Woodford reserve. Best bourbon I've had. Not a Jack Fan, but the special brew is actually not that bad (Gentleman Jack's)

For Scotch, JW Blue is pretty up there flavour wise, I have a 21 yr old Glenlivet that is straight from gods nipples I'm pretty sure.

Double oaked single malts are indeed tasty provided they get the port or sherry barrels right.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

gibsons is alright... but i still like crown better... but its a blended whiskey, made from milled corn, rye and malted barley... i dont drink expensive booze very often... i thought you meant what do we dink on the regular... as for the pricey stuff, single malt... and like a few have said, not tasting like medicine or formaldahyde... yech... but there are a handfull of really good ones easilly available... i too prefer barley over rye, but probably only cause its what im used to cause it was gramps fav... best i ever had was a highland single malt, cant remember the name right now... im no connoisseur tho... my grampa was right into it, most i learned from him... the stuff he made was pretty good too...
    Last edited by Syn7; 12-29-2010 at 06:15 PM.

blech i stick to mead, absinthe, ouzo and some spanish wines and scottish beer thank you very much.

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

ive never actuallyhad real wormwood booze... i heard it tastes like shyte...

is that fake absynth stuff any good goju??? or did you mean you like the real deal?? and if so, where you get that??? did you order it online???

coz the stuff you can get locally, atleast here, is not wormwood at all... but i know cats who have been able to get it thru the mail...

as far as types of wines... chianti is at the top of my list... way ahead of the rest... dunno why, i just like it best...

ive had the more watered down stuff and teh real stuff

the bigget difference is the taste teh real can be more bitter and knock you on your @ss easier

http://www.eabsinthe.com/i31//information.html

http://www.absintheonline.com/acatal..._absinthe.html

the greek ouzo tastes pretty much the same though and is cheaper/easier to get your hands on

both basically just taste like a real strong licorice drink so its best to mix it with something if youre a more for taste type of drinker

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down