Thread: Sifu Tsai Lung-Yun?

Sifu Tsai Lung-Yun?

Hello, I am looking for information on Sifu Tsai Lung-Yun. I tried looking in the usual places but found very little. perhaps I am spelling it wrong?
    He supposedly wrote a book "Fundamental Training on Martial arts" (In Chinese) , that is the book I am most interested in. Any info about Sifu or this book is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

If I recall he wrote several books on Wah Chuan in the late 1950's or early 1960's. In fact it was five books on Wah Chuan number 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 in 1958. In addition he wrote books on Ch'a Chuan in 1971, Essential Exercises of Wushu in 1972 and Drunken Style in 1982.

He was born in 1928 and is being credited for removing the term, "Sick men of Asia".

In December 13, 1943, he was 14 years old and competed against a famous Russian Boxer named Mr. Mashalov. Tsai knocked the Russian down thirteen times in succession which shocked the audience.

On September 2, 1946, he competed against an American Strongman, named Mr. Russell. In four rounds, Tsai Lung Yun defeated Mr. Russell and Tsia Lung Yun became known as "The Big Dragon with Magic Fist".

Tsai Lung Yun became head coach for the National Wushu training team and became an associate professor and head of Wushu teaching and research at Shanghai Institute of Physical Education in the 1970's.
    Last edited by NorthernShaolin; 12-28-2010 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Corrections

Greetings,

To help your search Tsai Long Yun = Cai Long Yun.

mickey