Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bullfighting can be considered a martial art right?

Bullfighting can be considered a martial art right?

cause. . .I mean,
    wow.

you know, whether a rodeo or a bullfight i constantly find myself rooting for the animal... i find it a shame they are treated this way... but whats worse is that not enough people are permenantly mamed or killed in these so called sports...

i love watching some f@g cowboy get stomped out by a horse or bull... now thats entertainment... but more so, thats justice...

i have no feeling for the participants and i wish them all brutal longterm pain... i like it when they die, but i like it better when they die painfully... poetic justice... sorta how i feel when a lil kid finally punches out his bully tormentor... now thats true beauty...

but yes, i would consider it a martial art... a bullfighter would fukc you up if you entered his world... unfortunately they are really good at torture and slow death...

im slightly less hostile to rodeos because usually these people genuinely feel bad when they harm the animal, but it still isnt enough to get them to stop running down babies and fukcing with the adult animals in ways that would be considered very cruel if they were human...

death to them all i say... by bowel goring... love it... they only thing that sucks about this pic is that the bull was dead soon after.... but its slow and very painful for them, just look at the damage to this bulls back and side... not cool... not cool at all.....

at least the running of the bulls gets a little revenge in there. some of those people get seriously hurt.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

yeah but even then, way more bulls get hurt than people... every turn you see a bull slide face first into a building... broken legs are very common bull injuries in the run... its just so unnecessary... its all bravado bullsh!t... hardly a fair fight...

make it fair, put both in a ring that neither can escape until the othher is done, no clowns, no wall jump over... oh and the human only gets two pointed weapons that arent sharp anywhere but the point, but only two, so if you leave it in the bull thats on you... lets say, make em 3 feet long at the most... now thats more fair... the bull has strength and power and you have reach and agility... but that will never happen...

Ya I agree. I dont like hunting unless its neccessary either but I also think hunting with guns is for pu$$ies.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

well, hunting is different... even sport hunting... the goal is to kill as quickly and painlessly as possible... the amount of suffering is minimized as much as possible... this is how most hunters think... ofcourse there is the odd as$hole who will torture their kills and let them die slowly and whatnot, but they are the exeption rather than the rule... feel me? i dont have issue with killing... my issue is with needless suffering for entertainment purposes... human or animal... given the choice i doubt anyone would choose to be the bull in a bullfight... because the only thing that is certain in a bullfight is that the bull is gonna die... and not quickly....

in a rodeo the idea is to control the animals in whichever event you are competing in... roping, riding, whatever... i doubt the animals enjoy any of it exept for maybe the mounts that are used for riding only...
    now bullfighting, thats something else all together... too many people have the walt disney bugs bunny view of bull fighting... with a red flag and quick feet... thats not what they really do... they shank the bull with small deliberate non fatal wounds in order to show their dominance... the animal is litterally tortured to death... the final blow is the only fatal wound delivered... the rest are designed to slow down and immobilize the bull, let him bleed out a bit, get weak in the knees etc etc.... its such garbage... i have no respect what so ever for these people... in another life i'd be inclined to sit in a tower overlooking the bull ring with a long quiet rifle and a few boxes of ammo... and ofcourse in keeping with the true bullfighting tradition, i'd shoot the feet first, then the hands, then the elbows, then the knees, then the balls, then the side of the gut, then the shoulder, then wait a few minutes so he can really feel it... then finally after maybe 7 to 10 minutes, put one in his head... but maybe off to the side first, non fatal, just painful... i mean, in keeping with the tradition and all...

i was actually using a hunting bow this week... we hung an old water hose from a post infront of a few bails of hay we use as a backstop... hitting a hose from 20 yards is alot harder than it sounds... i did really well, i hit it 4 times out of about 50 shots... by then my arm was tired, the bow was a bit too big for me so i had to struggle a bit to get a full draw... it had been awhile tho, i was much better a few years ago when i was using it daily... alas, that shyte aint cool in the city...
    Last edited by Syn7; 12-30-2010 at 02:53 PM.

I'm just weird, I don't think guns are fair lol. I've always had fun tracking and stalking animals (and people for that matter ) but I really don't need the meat so I don't kill. But if I felt it was my duty to stem the population, or if I needed the meat for my family or something I wouldn't hesitate to kill an animal.

I understand population control, limits, and all that. I understand hunters have their place. I just think that any animal deserves a better chance than to be picked off by a hunting scope in a tree stand.

:P

I know I'd be ****ed if I got shot in the neck from some ***** many yards away using a boomstick and maginified vision.

Bullfighting isn't like martial arts, though I'm sure it must require some of the same skills. It's an ancient religious rite transformed into a public spectacle. Well, actually most ancient religions were all about public spectacle but never mind.

I will always root for the bull. Same for rodeos. A phone solicitor once laughed at me for my reason for refusing to buy tickets to a rodeo sponsored by my own law enforcement union as a charity fund raiser. My first thought was, "Rodeos! In Alaska? We have moose and caribou, not Brahmas and broncos! Take your alien culture somewhere else. What I actually said was that I disaproved of treating animals violently for showmanship. She said, "They don't hurt the animals!" She just didn't seem to understand that the animals didn't volunteer for the job.
    "Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity

I bet training to bullfight and actually doing it would be right up there with hunting wild boar with a spear.

Huge adrenaline rush.
    Last edited by dimethylsea; 12-31-2010 at 01:01 PM.
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

i bet bullfighters get so much ass...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I understand population control, limits, and all that. I understand hunters have their place. I just think that any animal deserves a better chance than to be picked off by a hunting scope in a tree stand.
    lol... its a hell of alot better than being hearded from a pen into a stall that either shocks you or drives a pin thru ur head... and thats after a life of being treated like sh!t... atleast the wild animal HAD a life... i hear you tho... my uncles all use bows... that partly has to do with the gun registry tho...

Quote Originally Posted by dimethylsea View Post
    I bet training to bullfight and actually doing it would be right up there with hunting wild boar with a spear.

Huge adrenaline rush.
    killing is a rush for some... but bullfighting is a d!ck move none the less...

i can appreciate the skill tho... they arent just idiots with sharp sticks... they've made an art out of torturing and slowly disabling and eventually killing a bull...

im sure its not as easy as it looks... and it doesnt look very easy... not for just anyone, anyways...

i was raised to respect wildlife and nature in general... i was taught that rodeos and bullfights were ignorant... and this comes from the trapping side of the fam... mostly my grampa who was on the trapline at 12 years old in the bush for months with his rifle traps and dog... when i grew up i changed a lot of my moral values because i learned to think for myself and break away from the mould... but i kept a buch of my inherited values because they still make sense to me... and not fukcing with animals like that is one of them... it even pi$ses me off when i see some lady hit her dog on the nose with a magazine... but im no animal rights nut, i just dont believe in causing unnecessary harm to those in a much weaker position than you are...

lol good point. im lucky to live in oregon we have so many local farms, many of which are completely organic, sustainable businesses, and humane, you can actually buy good food, from meat to vegitables and fruits, at will any day of the week.

bow hunters are like rambo. all awesome

As that matador can tell you, at least the bull has a chance to fight back.

Not so in the case of the millions of animals pumped full of hormones and slaughtered daily by factory farms. (Link NSF, well, anyone with half a conscience.)

It is an unfortunate state of affairs in our industrialized civilization.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no vegan activist. While a strict vegetarian, I have no problem cooking animal protein for my friends and family.

I don't begrudge anyone for hunting for sustenance or sport.

Bullfighting presents an interesting contradiction. Europeans often criticize the U.S for being so barbaric i.e. lack of gun control, lack of healthcare, the death penalty, percentage of population incarcerated and their treatment etc. yet have such a strong tradition of romanticized savagery as bullfighting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    This is not a veiled request for compliments

The short story is I did 325# for one set of 1 rep.

1) Does this sound gifted, or just lucky?

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    As that matador can tell you, at least the bull has a chance to fight back.

Not so in the case of the millions of animals pumped full of hormones and slaughtered daily by factory farms. (Link NSF, well, anyone with half a conscience.)

It is an unfortunate state of affairs in our industrialized civilization.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no vegan activist. While a strict vegetarian, I have no problem cooking animal protein for my friends and family.

I don't begrudge anyone for hunting for sustenance or sport.

Bullfighting presents an interesting contradiction. Europeans often criticize the U.S for being so barbaric i.e. lack of gun control, lack of healthcare, the death penalty, percentage of population incarcerated and their treatment etc. yet have such a strong tradition of romanticized savagery as bullfighting.
    so true... and we eat mcdonalds and criticize bullfighting... most societies have there hypocracy tho... atleast the bull has a chance to run around in its youth to get strong for competition... rather than get soft, for food... i'd rather be a bull in a bullfight than in a slaughterhouse... no doubt about that one...

but when you start talking food supply, you bring many more factors to the table... like population... we cant all eat free range farm fresh animals that where slaughtered two days ago... only some of us can...