Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Choi Lei Fat's Secret Weapon

Can't wait. Have you tried breaking it into a lecture format or a journal perhaps? Then assemble it from there? helps keep your current information fresh.

There is a lot of criticism about disorganized information and poor flow. I have edited a few texts and 1 published book. Happy to help a CLF bro if I can...?
    By Peace or by Pieces.

You are a human being, not a human doing.
    J Bradshaw.

Out beyond the ideas of wrong doing and right doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    Rumi

Crap no wait...nothing with romanization please
    By Peace or by Pieces.

You are a human being, not a human doing.
    J Bradshaw.

Out beyond the ideas of wrong doing and right doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    Rumi

I want to make a clarification since Frank asked me personally and I didn't explain.

I did NOT imply charp chui is only back hand punch.

I said the jab, found in boxing, is limited to being a pure lead hand punch. A reverse punch is not a jab. Etc, etc.

I was saying the charp chui is not limited to being a lead hand punch, although most of the times it seems to be thrown off the lead hand.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Blog Entries
    oh i figured that
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I think the beauty of the charp choy is in its extension, and in its non-linear trajectory, which makes it very deceptive. The fact that it does not have to hit hard to inflict damage and pain allows it to be quicker, change direction, come in repeatly, again adding to its deceptive qualities.
    In Siu-Lum Kuen, the leopard's mindset is one of craftiness. Quick, sneaky, deceptive, and explosive. And its main weapon is the charp choy.
    If one has an understanding of this usage, then replacing the charp choy with a blade, and you have formidible knifefighting technique.
    Last edited by TenTigers; 01-11-2011 at 09:07 AM.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Blog Entries
    If one has an understanding of this usage, then replacing the charp choy with a blade, and you have formidible knifefighting technique.
    well...Stabbing is usually done in a linear fashion isn't it? Hence the name Stab Punch (Chop Choy). it's not about the fist shape but indeed about the idea of stabbing.

It is a sneaky strike. its a must to completely understand the essence of the strike then work on applying it based on your comprehension of the technique.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 01-11-2011 at 10:11 AM.

Bak Hsing Playa

As I use tsap choi, the application is similar to that of a rope dart. It is interchangeable and may be played off either hand. It stabs with speed and when thrown properly it impacts with penetrating force.

My general application isn't to lead with tsap choi; rather, to set it up in 1-2 movements. Bak Hsing uses tsap choi in combination with certain fighting concepts <-- plural. By itself or as a stand alone fist shape, it is not a Bak Hsing tsap choi. This is the primary difference in its use. Tsap choi is a weapon used in a specific manner within a greater context. This context involves the entire body of the practitioner to that of one's opponent.

People fail to appreciate the extent of the difference of the Bak Hsing practitioner. Even the way a pracitioner uses tsap choi is different than a disciple in my lineage. The practitioner may use it well and enjoy success (because of our over-all fighting philosophy), but without the entire picture the value is diminished. So bend them knuckles and strengthen your hands and strike the heavy bag..you do yours and I'll do mine.

nospam
    佛家

Blog Entries
    People fail to appreciate the extent of the difference of the Bak Hsing practitioner.
    I feel the same exact about fut san hung sing kuen

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Designs View Post
    Tarm Sarm sijo also had like 16 kids or something.

Go figure.
    I heard 24 actually
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SatoriScience
    "Whip the pole like the dragon whips its tail. Punches are like a tiger sticking out its head!"

Chop "Pierce"

Chop Choi means "Peircing Jab", not leapard fist. the shape of the fist aids the strike and the penetration, but the chop choi is a result of body mechanics and momentum of delivery. The peirce is qualitatively differnt from a hook, in delivery and effect. All punches are excellent but the effect/damage they cause is differnt.
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SatoriScience
    "Whip the pole like the dragon whips its tail. Punches are like a tiger sticking out its head!"

Quote Originally Posted by Satori Science View Post
    I heard 24 actually
    "The longer the extension, the shorter then pull back."

Quote Originally Posted by Satori Science View Post
    Chop Choi means "Peircing Jab", not leapard fist. the shape of the fist aids the strike and the penetration, but the chop choi is a result of body mechanics and momentum of delivery. The peirce is qualitatively differnt from a hook, in delivery and effect. All punches are excellent but the effect/damage they cause is differnt.
    Welcome back .... haha
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Blog Entries
    yeah! its nice to see your back here bro....