Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Strikeforce Heavweight Grand Prix

I don't know, I'm pulling for Fedor. He and Overeem are definitely going to meet in the Semis, and that match is going to be a war! It's exciting. Overeem is a scary dude, and Fedor is sort deceptively flabby. I don't know who I'd favor there. Either one of them I'd favor for the whole thing though.

I'm toying with getting a nosebleed seat for the opening fight next week in NJ. 65 buck though...

Is this all happening in one night? Because if it is, that will effect my predictions majorly...but here they are if they are taking place over multiple nights (like Pride FC used to do).

Quarter Finals:

Fedor beats Silva. Overeem beats Werdum. Kharitonov beats Arlovski. Barnett beats Rogers.

Semi Finals:

Fedor beats Overeem, Barnett beats Kharitonov.

Finals:

All out war with Fedor and Barnett...but, Fedor wins.

Now, if this is old school (as in early UFC's) and this all happens in one night, here's what I say.

Quarter Finals:

Fedor beats Silva. Overeem beats Werdum. Kharitonov beats Arlovski. Barnett beats Rogers.

Semi Finals:

Fedor beats Overeem (barely), Barnett beats Kharitonov.

Finals:

Fedor gases and Barnett wins.

Not one night. It's going to last about half the year is my guess.

War fedor

Yep, looks like he's getting ready.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...r-Emelianenko/

Quote Originally Posted by Zenshiite View Post
    Not one night. It's going to last about half the year is my guess.
    darn! i wish it would be one night...that'd be awesome!

I CALLED IT.

Kharitanov is a beast, looked like his old self. Just looked like a **** machine from Soviet Russia, hahahaha.

Arlovski didn't stand a chance.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

thats what im sayin... arlovski is done... he just doesnt have it anymore...

What a night, huh? First of all, every fight was great fun. The main card was entertaining all the way, and so were the undercards(thanks HDNet for airing that!).

Arlovski is done, no doubt. Shamrock hit the nail on the head saying "the brain wasn't meant to be shut off like that so much."

And Fedor... wow.

ok so we all got that one wrong lol... i used to bet against fedor, but even when he was losing he managed to win... i guess i got to used to siding with him...ok minor adjustment to the prediction lol... silva loses to overeem, everything else stays the same... i was haping to call all 7, but i can settle for six...

Yeah, I don't see Silva walking away from Overeem.

In all honesty... I kind of want Valentijn Overeem to have to step into the tourney just to see him fight Alistair.

Fedor lost again! Another sign of the forth coming Apocalypse...just sayin. Its amazing how fast one's career can turn in this sport. Hope Fedor makes a comeback, I like the Last Emperor. Overeem is probably money from here on out but I like Kharitonov's chances too. Arlovski is like burnt toast...you can't salvage it.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

i feel bad for fedor, he had a great career tho... but ultimately i am ecstatic... why??? coz if fedor retires then we wont have to deal with those massive bottom feeding knuckle dragging retards he calls a management team... i wanna see M1 fail and go out of business... they are such trash... time for them to go... by by red devils... time for gegard to find a new crew... if fedor really does retire, that is...

A forty pound weight difference among skilled people in a combative sporting event is--HUGE.

joy chaudhuri

Quote Originally Posted by Nite Templar View Post
    Yep, looks like he's getting ready.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...r-Emelianenko/
    yet again Fedor clearly showed his ground game was not on the level it should have been. His half guard was horrible, and Silva easily mount him.. it was honestly a joke.

His stand up was nothing to speak of also..

I love Fedor, but all that trash talking about BJJ and Sambo being enough .. two times in a row A BJJ black belt has shown him that ... YES YOU NEED TO LEARN and train BJJ.

Sambo is great, but unless you are a master of dealing with bad situations.. you will never have a good ground game.

^ i disagree big foot didnt get anything on fedor he took his back a bunch of times and didnt get a choke, failed leg locks, didnt get the head an arm triangle etc etc

i mean sure big foot scored dominant position but outside of the punches on the mount he didnt do much

i had thought originally that the fight was stopped during the round from the cut not after so who knows how the fight could have went if fedor didnt get sliced open

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down