Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Strikeforce Heavweight Grand Prix

Quote Originally Posted by monji112000 View Post
    yet again Fedor clearly showed his ground game was not on the level it should have been. His half guard was horrible, and Silva easily mount him.. it was honestly a joke.

His stand up was nothing to speak of also..

I love Fedor, but all that trash talking about BJJ and Sambo being enough .. two times in a row A BJJ black belt has shown him that ... YES YOU NEED TO LEARN and train BJJ.

Sambo is great, but unless you are a master of dealing with bad situations.. you will never have a good ground game.
    Dude, you don't go undefeated for a decade and think oh, what's game missing? BJJ? He was beating Verduun's ass, the fight was very close to being stopped and he got careless.

And his stand up is usually devasting!!!

Big Foot did kick his ass, you can give up 40 lbs to guy doing stand up or if you get the dominant position on the ground but its very hard to give up that kind of weight to a GIANT grappler who has dominant position.

He didn't loose because of BJJ v Sambo...he lost probably because of age, mental state of mind (he may have some doubt) and poor tactics.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Hammer View Post
    Dude, you don't go undefeated for a decade and think oh, what's game missing? BJJ? He was beating Verduun's ass, the fight was very close to being stopped and he got careless.

And his stand up is usually devasting!!!

Big Foot did kick his ass, you can give up 40 lbs to guy doing stand up or if you get the dominant position on the ground but its very hard to give up that kind of weight to a GIANT grappler who has dominant position.

He didn't loose because of BJJ v Sambo...he lost probably because of age, mental state of mind (he may have some doubt) and poor tactics.
    that fight, among other recent examples, illustrates the dire need to split the heavyweight division... most divisions are 15 pounds apart, some are ten, and then you get this 60 pound difference in HW... its stupid IMO... one could even argue that it should be split in 3... 20 pounds each...

guys who walk around at 240 shouldnt have to cut 35 pounds just to be competative...

i think fedor should be fighting at a lighter weight class as well

he is only five foot ten so at the most he should be a light heavy

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

I agree, the weight mis-match was way too much in this fight, it was stupid. They said that Bigfoot was 265 at weigh in, but was walking around over 280 at fight time.
    I don't care how good you are, when you have a skilled BJJ BlackBelt on you in a dominat position who out weighs you by 50+ pounds you are SOL!!!!

MMA really needs to get some new weight classes for over 205lb.
    Karma is a B!tch....... and I'm her Pimp.

^Too true.

BS on the weight mismatch. Fedor was running through guys who were clearly bigger and stronger when he was in Pride. Now that he's losing there's all sorts of excuses. I think he just doesn't have the heart to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
    BS on the weight mismatch. Fedor was running through guys who were clearly bigger and stronger when he was in Pride. Now that he's losing there's all sorts of excuses. I think he just doesn't have the heart to fight.
    lol anyone questioning his heart needs their head examining, he was running through bigger but less talented guys, now hes not only past his prime he is also up against guys 60 pounds heavier who are almost as good, its like bj penn fighting anderson silva

The fact is size matters, one of the main reasons lesnar was champ was he outweighted most opponents by 50 or 60 pounds

how long do you think it'll take to get a HW broken up into HW and SHW or even into three???

unfortunately, i cant see it happening soon... especially in the UFC... they just started two new divisions and if they break up HW they will need more airtime, which is what held them back from having FW and BW for so long... i would also like to see a flyweight division someday... and a cruiserweight for that matter... ultimately i'd like to see it be about 7-8lb differences between classes as opposed to 15lbs... but definately not 60lbs differences lol...

i doubt it will happen, simply not enough good fighters to have 2 seperate divisions, and even then you'd have guys cutting alot of weight to get in the lower catagory, as you do now h*ll what does anderson walk around at 200+?

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    lol anyone questioning his heart needs their head examining, he was running through bigger but less talented guys, now hes not only past his prime he is also up against guys 60 pounds heavier who are almost as good, its like bj penn fighting anderson silva

The fact is size matters, one of the main reasons lesnar was champ was he outweighted most opponents by 50 or 60 pounds
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Agree with all of the above. Plus-his right eye was swollen shut.

joy chaudhuri

Well I'm glad Barnett has done so well.

Most of us missed the mark on the predictions tho. We all knew Arlovski was gonna get stomped out but other than that most of us only got 1 or 2 right.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    how long do you think it'll take to get a HW broken up into HW and SHW or even into three???

unfortunately, i cant see it happening soon... especially in the UFC... they just started two new divisions and if they break up HW they will need more airtime, which is what held them back from having FW and BW for so long... i would also like to see a flyweight division someday... and a cruiserweight for that matter... ultimately I'd like to see it be about 7-8lb differences between classes as opposed to 15lbs... but definitely not 60lbs differences lol...
    Well, at least the fly's are getting love now. I would still like to see a SHW division. Like 240-280 or somethin... These guys that fight at like 220 don't really stand much of a chance to get that strap. If you are 220 and you do win the belt then that means you are "extrasuperawesome" guy. That's like 0ver 50lb difference with the top big guys who weigh in at 265 but fight at like 280. That's like a LW fighting a LHW, it's insane and not very "fair".

BTW... For the record, BJ Penn has fought at higher weights. Like when he fought Machida at K1 I think he was at like 190 and Machida was around 205.