Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which form of Kung Fu has the best punches/punching combos?

"None of it measures up to my 32 step, 8 winged, 15 tentacled, 57 clawed two headed mantis style"

Oh? I beg to differ!! Nothing can match my 18 inch golden Rooster fist of death (aka..Golden C-ck)..rhymes with ROCK!!

my iron octopus is unstopable.
    8 arms with sticky tentacles (tensao), impenatrable iron defense teamed with constant circular moving and color changing technique and when all else fails and you think you can defeat me......... ink shot to the eyes to blind you as I swim out of sight in an instant...... a really really good defense and next to impossible to beat... my iron octopus is the best.

huh! top that
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Personally, Tai Chi (as I learned it) has some of the fasted, most powerful punching/ striking combinations around because of its focus on relaxation. The more relaxed you are, the faster & more powerful you will be.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

These guys have it down

"The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    These guys have it down
    thats awesome!

they look like they are joined at the hip...

on a serious note jeff speakman has IMO the fastest combo's in the world. cant remeber what style he did it was japanese /choinese style like shorinji kenpo perhaps? he has mad chain punching combos that were lighting fast
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    on a serious note jeff speakman has IMO the fastest combo's in the world. cant remeber what style he did it was japanese /choinese style like shorinji kenpo perhaps? he has mad chain punching combos that were lighting fast
    American Kenpo, and Steve Sanders's hands make Jeff's look like he is swimming in mud.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    American Kenpo, and Steve Sanders's hands make Jeff's look like he is swimming in mud.
    Yeah, didn't Speakman take over leadership of the system after Ed Parker died? Thought I remembered reading that one time.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Yeah, didn't Speakman take over leadership of the system after Ed Parker died? Thought I remembered reading that one time.
    Nope, There were far to many seniors for Jeff to do that.
    While I think he is still part of the American kenpo federation, he has his own group too.

I see. Kenpo always interested me because Pai Lum is said to based off of Hawain Kempo as that is where Dan Pai was from and what he first studied. I don't have any experience in it so I don't know if the comparison is valid but I have always heard that. Of course, I have always heard there are many differences in American Kenpo as opposed to others such as Hawain.

I see. Kenpo always interested me because Pai Lum is said to based off of Hawain Kempo as that is where Dan Pai was from and what he first studied. I don't have any experience in it so I don't know if the comparison is valid but I have always heard that. Of course, I have always heard there are many differences in American Kenpo as opposed to others such as Hawain.
    Very much so, if you saw some of the videos of William Chow, you wouldn't see a lot of the "slappy hands" that Kenpo is know for now, he was very fast and very powerful with incredibly fast hands, but he tended to keep the combos down to 3 strikes per sequences as opposed to half a kagillion strikes worth of overkill, LOL !
    You will notice that while kenpo trains these dozen strike combos that you never see them when they actually fight full contact.
    For obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Very much so, if you saw some of the videos of William Chow, you wouldn't see a lot of the "slappy hands" that Kenpo is know for now, he was very fast and very powerful with incredibly fast hands, but he tended to keep the combos down to 3 strikes per sequences as opposed to half a kagillion strikes worth of overkill, LOL !
    You will notice that while kenpo trains these dozen strike combos that you never see them when they actually fight full contact.
    For obvious reasons.
    William Chow was a serious badazz. I like seeing the old vids of him. His body movement is very cool. I also like seeing old vids of Ed Parker, he too was a serious martial artist with some knock-down power. The old-school Kenpo was definitely some worthwhile stuff.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Ed Parker not only had fast hands but he had some serious rooting and structure.

Its lost on many of the Kenpo people.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

this is the same kenpo steve sanders

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wj8cD-cx9s

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    Ed Parker not only had fast hands but he had some serious rooting and structure.

Its lost on many of the Kenpo people.
    +1.
    I got to see Ed Parker demo at his 1981 Long Beach Internationals and he was extremely impressive.

Back when I studied Kenpo (late '70s-early '80s), my teacher Parker Linekin was also very grounded and generated a lot of power; he could apply that power in live sparring, too. His way of doing Kenpo was very different from what's commonly seen in point karate tournaments, and his emphasis was very different, too.

I'd also say that Steve Sanders (Steve Muhammad?) probably had the fastest hands in Kenpo.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 01-19-2011 at 02:11 AM.