Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chick KOs dude with headbutt

Chick KOs dude with headbutt

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

not bad technique, she got the grab, landed it with vigor.

Dropped him like the preverbal sack of s....

See the Boss man watching in bottom right? He tells red shirt to let her go as he wanders over to see how bad the boy is....
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

teach him to mess with the fairer sex..
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

just out of curiosity, how many people consider that one of their primary weapons, and do you have a way to defend against it?

Myself, I keep my hands in and up to catch the throat if the head comes in. Especially with the guys that figure they want to come in to bump chests and nose to nose you. Pushed off a couple of guys over the years with the open curved (benign) palm to the throat and it took the fight right out of them.

The other option is to duck your chin and drop, and hope for the best of the encounter...never tried that one, but on short notice, its certainly better than trying to throw your head back...

You DON'T want to cop one of those. I'm just bringing this up because in my experience, Americans aren't big on the "coco butt" <grin>. Poms and Islanders are the masters...
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng

Don't use head butts myself but would be encouraged to use a hammer fist to the temple combined with a simultaneous low snap kick to break an ankle if I suspected one coming at me. Only someone very confident will use a headbutt offensively. (my opinion). Also have an aversion to being grappled (as in "don't touch me").
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 01-08-2011 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStriker View Post
    Don't use head butts myself but would be encouraged to use a hammer fist to the temple combined with a simultaneous low snap kick to break an ankle if I suspected one coming at me. Only someone very confident will use a headbutt offensively. (my opinion). Also have an aversion to being grappled (as in "don't touch me").
    +4 points for LARPer ridiculousness
    -8 for unoriginality

fail post is fail
    Last edited by SoCo KungFu; 01-08-2011 at 11:23 PM.

talking about iron head at work.

tei tou gong.

god **** that was one of the best head butts ive seen

i consider worth doing and i suppose if i was to defend against it i would try to clinch the person and knee him or clinch him and head butt HIM myself or clinch him and pull his head down for a guillotine

though if it was a Susprise head butt id likely just end up like that guy in the vid LOL
    Last edited by goju; 01-09-2011 at 10:24 AM.

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    god **** that was one of the best head butts ive seen

i consider worth doing and i suppose if i was to defend against it i would try to clinch the person and knee him or clinch him and head butt HIM myself or clinch him and pull his head down for a guillotine

though if it was a Susprise head butt id likely just end up like that guy in the vid LOL
    Goju, its all about surprise..... its a bloody 'shock and awe' opening salvo. Don't let it be a surprise is the best advice going.
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng

Metal plate?????????????

Watching the vid I didn't get a real sense of a helpless woman in a desperate situation (many people milling about). The woman, for all I could tell may have been actively part of the confrontation and knowing that she was capable of a surprise strike that would cause extensive physical damage. There are women out there that like to fight. Not to mention alcohol. Just say'in. Flame On!

Took a hit to the face once when I had just turned 19. (I'm 58 now, 195 lbs./ 13inch circumference forearms/ oversize calves). Smashed all my teeth together including ripping the lower palate inside my mouth leaving a tooth jutting up that had to be pulled and palate pressed back into place by a "Chinese Dentist" without anesthesia or stitches in an emergency. Later had some work done to be able to heal up but never bothered with any cosmetic rebuild. Averse to face stikes as a result.

Brilliant example of the Glasgow Kiss, if I ever seen one.

Yum Cha...nice block with the cupping palm. Twice i have put my own hand between his head and mine to soften the blow.

I find the uppercut perfect as it comes in. That vid was a bouncer situation, I suppose. Men all in matching jackets. Girl held in the end by a gentleman in wearing same style of coat.

She had pure advantage, surprise. That man will never underestimate a women again.
    By Peace or by Pieces.

You are a human being, not a human doing.
    J Bradshaw.

Out beyond the ideas of wrong doing and right doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    Rumi

couple of points...

she went for it earlier in the video, then walked away... that is the headbout most often seen though.

he should have reacted when she grabbed him.

it seemed to me 6 of one and half a dozen of the other.

wtf is the guy doing who leaves to the bottom left of the screen. he disappears sharpish!
    When it does happen, it's fast and hard and over quick. Either I'm standing or he's standing. That's Real.
    nospam

You type because you have fingers. Not because you have logic.
    Phil Redmond

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    just out of curiosity, how many people consider that one of their primary weapons, and do you have a way to defend against it?

i like to always be at least at arms length away from someone hostile, you get up in my face im attacking, thats all there is to it, hell i might just headbutt you . morality of that decision can feed the birds imo. ill tell you right off as soon as you get verbally aggressive, get physically in my face, we fight.

watch the clinch, keep the 'line of fire' broken as best you can.

nature of the headbutt, generally reserved for closer range. all punk rockers like to headbutt too, so if you ever fight one expect it, fyi.

death via gnp headbutting!!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.