Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: how not to fight a boxer

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    It's debatable that any or all of those who stopped posting recently, fit into the category you describe.

I wouldn't actually mind favorite technique threads. It would be a change from the dominant MMA vs TCMA and CSLWC vs TWC which most of the recent departees spent the bulk of their time on.
    Actually, I like TWC. And I have only respect for some high level people like Rick Spain and Phil Redmond.

The departees/banned had their personal issues and got into it and made it personal.

The departees/banned had their personal issues and got into it and made it personal.
    That's true. And you have not been an anti-TWC poster.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Banned? Looks like I missed the fun.
    Marty
    "The Evil Chu's"
    Watchful Dragon

Nah, you saw it all before, Marty. Many, many lifetimes, and continuous repeating of the same ole stuff.

This is a quick recap of the moderator's decision:

http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/...ad.php?t=59519

Blog Entries
    IMO, it's OK to response to someone's disagreement once or twice. After that if your opponent still does not agree with you, you should just let go and "agree the disagreement".

Trying to convince someone you know that he won't change his mind will be just waste of your time. Using words such as BS, clueless, un-impressive, ... will be just plain dis-respectful.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 02-03-2011 at 01:03 PM.

YouKnowWho,

You're speaking out of courtesy and common sense!

How dare you! This is a forum!

LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    My fear is that if we "weed out" those that seem to produce controversy, we also reduce the amount of posting and discussing.
    Or, maybe those that were sick of the drama (or never posted because of it) may be more apt to start posting more frequently
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    "peaceful" often translates to boring.
    A: Many years ago, I crossed the street, I saw a $10 bill on the ground, I piked it up ...
    B: That's BS. Nobody would be stupid enough to leave a $10 bill on the ground and waited for you to pick up. Internet is not a place for you to spread lies ...
    A: You MF ... If you dare ...
    B: You SOB ... I'll ...

Always expect someone who may challenge every single word that you have said is not "exciting" IMO. There is a difference between contribute in a positive way than always being negative. If there are too much negative energy around you, you will become a negative person and that will not be good for you.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 02-04-2011 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    Or, maybe those that were sick of the drama (or never posted because of it) may be more apt to start posting more frequently
    This may be true. But if it was, it would seem like the other more "tame" Wing Chun forums would have gotten more traffic in the past than the KFO forum. That doesn't seem to be the case.
    Last edited by KPM; 02-05-2011 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Always expect someone who may challenge every single word that you have said is not "exciting" IMO. There is a difference between contribute in a positive way than always being negative. If there are too much negative energy around you, you will become a negative person and that will not be good for you.
    I'm not saying that being nasty to each other and having people at each other's throats is a desirable thing. It certainly needed to be toned down here recently! But then again, always having people agree on things....or having people unwilling to speak out when they do disagree for fear of censorship....does not lead to interesting discussions. I realize these are two different extremes, and not likely to actually be the case. But still, everyone needs a little "shaking up" now and then.

Yeah, being challenged sucks... It forces you to consider the other POV, it makes you support what you say, back it up, it could make you reconsider your position, it just makes you think too much...

Hopefully the bulk of any such "challenging" has past and now we can listen to every little whimsical wing chun thought that was never worth typing out with little worry of challenge, or thought or growth...

Mediocrity at it's very best..
    Last edited by YungChun; 02-05-2011 at 07:24 AM.
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu

Blog Entries
    掤劲义何解 How is the meaning of Pengjin explained[?]
    如水负行舟 Like water carrying a rowboat

Instead of talking about the meaning of Pengjin, it will be more fun to talk about how to use your Pengjin in combat. The switching emphasize is not a bad thing for this forum. We just had too much theory discussion before. People may say, "how can you talk about Pengjin application without understanding what Pengjin is"? If we can find a concrete example that Pengjin is needed in combat, it will draw people's attention to talk about what it is. If we can't find meaningful combat application for it, for some people, they just can't care less about it.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 02-05-2011 at 12:48 PM.