a typical week at the school i train at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmLLM4Pxb64

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post

Good stuff but lots of people !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

What's the deal with the Ninja at 1:44?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    What's the deal with the Ninja at 1:44?
    lol he's a sikh i believe there religion means they keep the hair long and covered

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Good stuff but lots of people !
    yep they have moved twice because of overcrowding, had 60 people a class on average this week on the mats, guess you could say the coach is in demand.

thins out a bit once the actual sparring starts though lol

yep they have moved twice because of overcrowding, had 60 people a class on average this week on the mats, guess you could say the coach is in demand.

thins out a bit once the actual sparring starts though lol
    Aint it the truth, LOL !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Greetings

EarthDragon and Frost: Good Clips

EarthDragon, if you are that big guy doing the throws, you don't need 8 Step Praying Mantis. Just get yourself a double bladed battle axe, brother. That's all you need.

By the way, it is good self defense to strike first. Especially if you fear for your life. In Florida, that is sufficient justification to blow someone away. He could be across the street, eating a burger, bothering no one; but, if he causes you to fear for your life, its burger times two.

mickey

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    EarthDragon, if you are that big guy doing the throws, you don't need 8 Step Praying Mantis. Just get yourself a double bladed battle axe, brother. That's all you need.
    One day a boxer challenged EarthDragon, and EarthDragon accepted. during the dual-day, the boxer brought his gloves, EarthDragon brought his double bladed battle axe.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CDIQ9QEwBA
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 01-18-2011 at 08:10 PM.

YouKnowWho,

I believe it.

mickey

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    YouKnowWho,

I believe it.

mickey
    When people asked me, "What's the difference between sport and combat", I would always tell them that joke.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 01-18-2011 at 08:11 PM.

Nice clips MK and frost. so great and insightful to see what others do and how they train. I will be putting up some more videos of our training as well as our MMA BJJ class. its filling up nicely.

Frost
    I would worry about getting/ giving individual attention with a class that big. looks a little too crowded, do you guys have a beginner intermediate and advance classes ? I would think that would be better for everyone..

thanks Mickey, however they say the camera adds 10 lbs. LOL I am 6'2 and currently 232 but I trim down most all of my body fat and diet down to 215-220 for summer.

was thinking about posting a move of the week thread where everyone can pick a move form thier system and post it. we just stared our own youttube channel to post up some videos and training tips. would love to see that here as well then we could crtiique each other and share points of view.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Hi EarthDragon,

I did say big but I did not mean fat. Imposing would be a better word.

Thanks for mentioning MasterKiller's link. I overlooked it. Also good stuff.

mickey

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    YKW
    I see your point but that wouldnt be considered self defense? i always tell my students to allow your opponet to attack first and then attack back unstopping until thier are rendered. this is the gentlemen thing to do.
    One time a guy asked for a challenge fight. I said OK, I then jumped in and took him down within 3 seconds. I don't like to wait for my opponent to make my move. To be kind to my enemy is to be cruel to myself. I assume I'm not a "gentlemen" by your standard.

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    everyone can pick a move form thier system and post it.
    Here are 2 clips from my University of Texas at Austin informal class about 30 years ago (before the sport SC was evolved into combat SC - San Shou). If you look at the guy with the long hair in the 1st clip, you can see some aggressive atttude as if he was a tiger and tried to eat his opponent alive. He just attacked, attacked, and still attacked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXI2_VlnZnc

compare to this guy, you can see that he just waited, waited, and still waited. He did win in that 5 rounds matches but he had no "tiger" spirit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGep8v0-1iY
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 01-19-2011 at 12:04 PM.

YKW
    To be kind to my enemy is to be cruel to myself.
    I absolutly love this statement

love the old school clips BTW

I assume I'm not a "gentlemen" by your standard.
    I didnt mean to offend in any way ... let me explian the gentlemen statement.

I have done body guarding, personal security and was a bouncer in NY asn SF for many years and we have a saying that until a punch is thrown it is not a fight.

I have had people scream right in my face "im gonna kill you", been called names, been threatend every which way you could imagine, but until they psyically attack me I just stand my ground.
    If I attacked eveyone that pretened they were going to fight me I would be in jail or broke from lawsuits.

Most people use verbal warefare that are too afraid to fight or just dont want to, so therefore you must weed out the real agrressors form the phoney ones.
    The only way this is done is after they throw a punch so there fore thats what I teach my students. you would be suprosed at how many people I threw out of bars for being a arsehole that wound up apologizing to me afterward.

The last actual fight I was in a long time ago a guy swug at me, I insticntivly parried his punch while doing a power cut and broke his radial bone causing the ***ments to puntucre his skin and blood to sprayed all over my jacket and me to which when the cops were called I was easly spotted in the crowd.

I was arrested, booked spent the weekend in jail, sued for all medical costs and had to perfrom 50 hours of community service.
    I ask you was it worth it? hell no and couldlyou imagine if I did that to everyone I got intoa arguemtn with, before or IF they were ever going to throw a punch? see my point?
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....