Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Power Point Exploding

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Hit with your body structure is nonsense and BS.
    Here is a clip to demonstrate how to use your body structure to hit your opponent. It's not nonsense and it's definitely not BS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSN6ifzbbUA

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    I truly don't know. I think you should spend more time to analyze your opponent's response instead.

Because momentum is the core of the opponents and my own response.

be able to predict and handling both my and my opponents momentum or the resultant momentum is the name of the game deep under all skill.

But Momentum is dependent on mass and speed so how do one control those?

Here is a clip to demonstrate how to use your body structure to hit your opponent. It's not nonsense and it's definitely not BS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSN6ifzbbUA

That is excellent!

the discussion here is which type of power generation and what is their characteristics describe via momentum.

Nope, I say one needs to know the way how to generate the momentum needed at the time needed. instead of fantasy.

Speed or mass what can you control?
    So youre saying you can do it but i cant?

Blog Entries
    But Momentum is dependent on mass and speed so how do one control those?
    How to use your "momentum" to "run your opponent down" is by trainng and not by talking. Everything that I'm talking about here, I can back it up with a clip. I hope you can do the same for me as well.

In the following clip, after you have taken your opponent down, your body is still moving until you are far away from the crime scene. That's what I will call "how to control your momentum".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUbApmbM8Sk
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 01-18-2011 at 08:54 PM.

How to use your "momentum" to "run your opponent down" is by trainng and not by talking. Everything that I'm talking about here, I can back it up with a clip. I hope you can do the same for me as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUbApmbM8Sk

The following is what I always have in mind on fighting since I was a young Kyokushin decades ago, that type of momentum is what I am talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ytHK1hLgb8
    Last edited by Hendrik; 01-18-2011 at 08:54 PM.

The following is what I always have in mind on fighting since I was a young Kyokushin decades ago, that type of momentum is what I am talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ytHK1hLgb8
    Hilarious.... you "have it in mind"

But can YOU do it??

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    You don't deal with anything but fantasy and theory.

You don't learn a skill by TRYING to analyze how you "generate your momentum"? That way of looking at things leads nowhere. But that is your problem -- you try to intellectualize what is essentially a non-intellectual process, and it can't be done. You are what we call a martial art nerd. You are like the guys who think that by using F=Ma you can figure out how to punch harder! LOL!

hahaha, you dont even know momentum control.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post

But can YOU do it??
    Of course he can't.

Blog Entries
    You don't learn a skill by TRYING to analyze how you "generate your momentum"?
    Agree with you 100% there. To be able to "run your opponent down" is the highest level of the MA skill.

If your opponent:

- punches at you, you run him down.
    - kicks at you, you run him down.
    - does nothing, you still run him down.

This skill is not that easy to develop. First you should have no fear to close the distance. In order to do that, you will need to have good "grappling skill" to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post

But can YOU do it??

What do you think Kyokushin is train to do, stand there in sanchin stance and resist other to push?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 01-18-2011 at 09:44 PM.

hahaha, you dont even know momentum control.
    I don't know lots of nonsense. "Momentum control"! LOL! You and your silly ideas.

Hendrik, you are focused on the wrong things. You are focused on the wrong things because you do not know what the right things are. You can only learn those right things through doing it. By doing it, you see what you NEED. You have an image of what you believe WCK should be, but that image is fantasy, not reality.
    Last edited by t_niehoff; 01-18-2011 at 09:15 PM.

I don't know lots of nonsense. "Momentum control"! LOL! You and your silly ideas.

Hendrik, you are focused on the wrong things. You are focused on the wrong things because you do not know what the right things are.

You can only learn those right things through doing it. By doing it, you see what you NEED.

You have an image of what you believe WCK should be, but that image is fantasy, not reality.

hahaha,

You dont know momentum, you dont know them, you cant control them, you cant predict them, you cant break them, you can borrow them, you cant make use of them.

Doesnt know Momentum handling is analogy to clueless on pick up speed, breaking distance, max connering angle, and neutral gear for a racer.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 01-19-2011 at 06:11 AM.

Of course he can't.
    I know when to run based on the momentum others could produce,
    and that is good enough.

Yes, I only know when to run.

Blog Entries
    Hendrik,
    this thread probably have the most informative info about your perspective than any other since I joined this forum, thanks for sharing!
    But others on here will not appreciate it unless they have experienced directly. I see now that's it's not something mysterious, anyone can do it if they understand what's going on.