Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Power Point Exploding

I guess you think he hard hard because he is strong?

If your mean "natural", no, you are wrong

Yes, Tyson had physical attributes that certainly helped get him to where he got, but it was his technique, discipline and training that put it all together

I guess you think he hard hard because he is strong?

yes, natural.

I have never said natural doesnt have to work.

natural is much more then just a physical attributes.

[QUOTE=GlennR;1073735][QUOTE=Hendrik;1073692]Thanks for your Tyson clip, like a few Nature, he is a nature. and all the explanation on momentum is for the people like myself who is NOT a nature to learn how a Nature does things which I cant and dont know how to do it naturally.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A guess based on patterns- he probably means that Tyson seemed to flow naturally. Naturally does not mean - without traing or guidance- you need those to know natures path.

BTW- Tyson at one point lived and worked out here in the Phoenix metro.Ali lived here for a while too. One of Tyson's children died here in a hideous accident. Tyson also had some local issues because of his pigeons.

Intriguing to me any way- was the built in Cus DAmato system- the peek aboo-which he unfortunately got awy from before the Douglas fight protected the centerline. He was fairly square bodied allowing rapid use of either hand and he had balanced steps rather than hopping all over the place. His uppercuts paralleled chum kiu upper cuts.
    Such talent and training got dissipated- a tragic figure. In my books- he is one of the greats.,,just because of his early work....prior to firing his trainer Rooney.

joy chaudhuri

Joy,

sorry for the missed word.

Yes, by Natural I mean a person is just geniously good at a certain thing and have those "sense" in them, from art to sport to music....etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A guess based on patterns- he probably means that Tyson seemed to flow naturally. Naturally does not mean - without traing or guidance- you need those to know natures path.

[QUOTE=Vajramusti;1073745][QUOTE=GlennR;1073735]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Thanks for your Tyson clip, like a few Nature, he is a nature. and all the explanation on momentum is for the people like myself who is NOT a nature to learn how a Nature does things which I cant and dont know how to do it naturally.

BTW- Tyson at one point lived and worked out here in the Phoenix metro.Ali lived here for a while too. One of Tyson's children died here in a hideous accident. Tyson also had some local issues because of his pigeons.

Intriguing to me any way- was the built in Cus DAmato system- the peek aboo-which he unfortunately got awy from before the Douglas fight protected the centerline. He was fairly square bodied allowing rapid use of either hand and he had balanced steps rather than hopping all over the place. His uppercuts paralleled chum kiu upper cuts.
    Such talent and training got dissipated- a tragic figure. In my books- he is one of the greats.,,just because of his early work....prior to firing his trainer Rooney.

joy chaudhuri
    Yes Tyson did flow naturally, from appearance.
    Yeh, the DAmato style was effective in the hands of the right guy (in this case Tyson) but i cant help thinking that its a physiclally demanding style of boxing.
    I think by the time he got to Douglas his level of fitness just wasnt what it was a few years earlier, and he just found style harder to do
    GlennR

[QUOTE=GlennR;1073747][QUOTE=Vajramusti;1073745]
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post

Yes Tyson did flow naturally, from appearance.
    Yeh, the DAmato style was effective in the hands of the right guy (in this case Tyson) but i cant help thinking that its a physiclally demanding style of boxing.
    I think by the time he got to Douglas his level of fitness just wasnt what it was a few years earlier, and he just found style harder to do
    GlennR

He had a terrible corner man in the Douglas fight- he was not in too bad a shape- not his best but still good- look at the number of those intense 3 minute rounds involved and one of his famed uppercuts knocked Douglas down.
    But spirit/determination counts--- Douglas trained hard and he was actually fired up by the death of his mother not too long before the fight. he lost the motivation after that fight- balooned in weight and lost his intensity. Douglas also had a whopper of an uppercut but his jabs kept Tyson at bay and opened him up for power shots. There is that tragic picture of Tyson crawling on the floor of the ring trying to put his mouth piece back.

joy chaudhuri

[QUOTE=Vajramusti;1073757][QUOTE=GlennR;1073747]
    Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post

He had a terrible corner man in the Douglas fight- he was not in too bad a shape- not his best but still good- look at the number of those intense 3 minute rounds involved and one of his famed uppercuts knocked Douglas down.
    But spirit/determination counts--- Douglas trained hard and he was actually fired up by the death of his mother not too long before the fight. he lost the motivation after that fight- balooned in weight and lost his intensity. Douglas also had a whopper of an uppercut but his jabs kept Tyson at bay and opened him up for power shots. There is that tragic picture of Tyson crawling on the floor of the ring trying to put his mouth piece back.

joy chaudhuri
    Ofcourse all boxing is demanding.... i just think the DAmato style is more physically demanding. Just look at the deep leg work that Tyson does compared to a more stand up fighter like a Lewis. I know which of the 2 styles are easier to maintain over 12 rounds

And yep, his crews was not what it was, but by his own admision he hardly trained for that fight

Anyway... lets not start a Tyson thread... more than enough already i think

this thread seems to be showing a lot of peoples' true colors.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Designs View Post
    this thread seems to be showing a lot of peoples' true colors.
    ----------------------------------------
    No intention of a boxing or Tyson thread here. Nuff

True colors- color me wing chun.

joy chaudhuri

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    The following is what I always have in mind on fighting since I was a young Kyokushin decades ago, that type of momentum is what I am talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ytHK1hLgb8
    So you after details on transferring your weight from the back foot to the front and twisting your hip when you strike??????

I know this isn't wing chun but what do think of this short power generation in escrima?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOlmOzDiMaQ

Quote Originally Posted by Niersun View Post
    So you after details on transferring your weight from the back foot to the front and twisting your hip when you strike??????
    sure, That is one of many ways.

There are various way to handle/generate momentum for different purpose.

in my experience, certainly the details is very important because the Speed or acceleration element directly influence the Timing and the distance.

and often one speed up the hit via different changes in the trajectory to take the opponent off guard, IE the strike arrive faster then the opponent expect it might arrive.....etc by non linear timing control....

on the other hand, sometimes others' strike landed faster then what we expect, so we need to get t momentum to counter it...

so everything is full of surprise and expected to be like that. and if one doesnt have a clear and solid momentum handling. that is problem.

Thus, if one doesnt know the details , one cant use the tool well. cant use the tool well means will not be a good player.

This is why I pointed out some one here is full of BS even thought he keep bring up mmA gym.... fighting.... ect. since he is clueless on these details.

how the hell could one handle the timing in an operation, if one doesnt even know speed or acceleration which directly influence the timing which is the key of an operation? and how the hell is one go for real ko fight such as the Kyokushin or MT or Lou Toi (Chinese open Tournoment in South east asia) if one doesnt know how to handle timing?

I am not a fighter, and no mean to be a good one either, but still please dont BS me with the obvious of missing the basic.

one of the most beautiful thing i love in martial art is the surprise momentum generation like a curve ball where it is too late when one sees it. often in those spinning strike it is so beautiful that one thought is takes longer time to land but it goes faster or vice versal so KO at one strike is possible.

For a close body art like WCK, without the type 3, one will get jam or intercept or take down easy but with the type 3 there is where the fun start because timing is no longer linear, In my humble opinion.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 01-21-2011 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IRONMONK View Post
    I know this isn't wing chun but what do think of this short power generation in escrima?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOlmOzDiMaQ

For me, momentum is momentum, WC or Escrima or Karate or BJJ.....ect those are just label, so it doesnt matter.

For the power generation in this clip, I agree with the person mention about the need of short power generation so that not to lost opportunity.

Imo
    His short power generation type is hand, arm , shoulder type and limited by the shoulder. This is a type 1 , 2 .