Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh Snap! Colbert on "Palin Fatigue"

Oh Snap! Colbert on "Palin Fatigue"

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Transcript for those with crappy connections.:

S.Colbert

Mika, you need to buck up.

I know you think this story has no purpose other than keeping Sarah Palin’s name in the headlines for another news cycle.

I know you think she has nothing to offer the national dialogue and that her speeches are just coded talking points mixed with words picked up at random from a thesaurus.

I know you think Sarah Palin is at best a self-promoting ignoramus and at worst a shameless media troll who will abuse any platform to deliver dog-whistle encouragement to a far right base that may include possible insurrectionists.

I know you think her reality show was pathetically unstatesmanlike, and at the same time I know you believe it also represents the pinnacle of her potential and that her transparent, transparent desperation to be a celebrity so completely eclipsed her interest in public service so long ago that there would be more journalistic integrity on reporting on one of the lesser Kardashian’s ass implants.

I know, I know that when you arrive at the office each day you say a silent prayer that maybe, just maybe Sarah Palin will at long last shut up for ten f@#king minutes.

I know because I can see it in your eyes. Well guess what, Mika. That’s the gig. And it’s only January of 2011, kiddo. And you have a minimum of 2 more years of this ahead of you. You want to stay in this game? You dig deep. You find another gear. You show up to work every day, get your hair and makeup done, you slap on a smile, get out there on TV and repeat what Sarah Palin said on Hannity last night right into the lens. You know – news. I have faith in you kid. You can do it! I’ll see you in New Hampshire … I’ll buy.
    lol. This guy is pretty funny and he has good writers.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I bet if she uh used a uh teleprompter whenever she uh spoke in uh public she would uh sound alot more uh educated like the uh President does.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    I bet if she uh used a uh teleprompter whenever she uh spoke in uh public she would uh sound alot more uh educated like the uh President does.

B.A. in Political Science from Columbia
    Juris Doctor (J.D.) Magna Cum Laude from Harvard Law School

B.A. in Communications from Univesity of Idaho (by way of Univ. of Hawaii, Hawaii Pacific Univ., N. Idaho College, and Matanuska-Sustina College).
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

You're kidding right? lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

B.A. in History from Yale
    MBA from Harvard Business School

The only US President to have earned an MBA.

yeah, an MBA! wow! lol.
    It's a rather small accomplishment these days wouldn't you think.
    Although, I'm not crazy about academia anyway and take the same sort of view of it as Sir Ken Robinson. It needs a paradigm shift.

Bush would've done well to get himself a PMP diploma. lol at least that way, he would have had a fairly well thought out plan.

His MBA got you a useless war and a lot more debt. Still wish he was back? lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Yup. Hard to believe he blew threw a USD 400 million surplus, huh?

yeah, an MBA! wow! lol.
    It's a rather small accomplishment these days wouldn't you think.

His MBA got you a useless war and a lot more debt. Still wish he was back? lol
    If it's no big deal, why is he the ONLY President to earn one?

Of course I wish he was back. You liberals who always blast Bush on debt always give Obama a pass on debt, and the debt under the community organizer is at a record. For you slow liberals, that means it's never been higher.

Civilian non-farm employment:
    137,790,000 employed when taxes were cut in June 2003
    146,032,000 employed when Democrats took control in Jan 2007

Unemployment rate Dec 2008: 7.4%
    Current unemployment rate: 9.4%

Unlike the community organizer, the numbers don't lie.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Yup. Hard to believe he blew threw a USD 400 million surplus, huh?
    What was the debt when he left, and what is it now?

And FYI, the Constitution gives control of the budget to Congress, not the President.
    Last edited by BJJ-Blue; 01-19-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Of course I wish he was back. You liberals who always blast Bush on debt always give Obama a pass on debt, and the debt under that community organizer is at a record. For you slow liberals, that means it's never been higher.

146,032,000 employed when Democratss took control in Jan 2007

Was 4.2 Percent in 1999 -- the Lowest Since 1969
    Bush raised it 3.2%
    Obama only raised it 2% over Bush's numbers

Of course I wish he was back. You liberals who always blast Bush on debt always give Obama a pass on debt, and the debt under the community organizer is at a record. For you slow liberals, that means it's never been higher.

146,032,000 employed when Democrats took control in Jan 2007

Well, quite frankly I can think of a principle reason why many presidents didn't have an MBA. the main one being that in the form it is in now didn't even exist until post ww2. Yes, a masters in commerce could be had as far back as 1900, but anyway, not important.

If his MBA was worth the parchment it was printed on, Perhaps Arbusto wouldn't have been such a dismal failure and the Texas Rangers would have had a better chance at the pennant. lol Bush was a notoriously poor businessman. that's documented history and fact.

I'm not saying he's stupid, he's not. Obviously he can't be as he won governor of Texas and the US presidency and sat for two terms. What I am saying is that he was a terrible president who greatly contributed to making the world an even crappier place than it was before he took office. You can try to persuade me otherwise, I doubt you will succeed. Too much against him and you are all too willing to sweep his failures away in favour of trumpeting obscure accomplishments.

he can barely get a speaking gig though. You ever wonder why no one wants him on their speaking tour with darn few exceptions?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Um, you can see the teleprompter reflected in her glasses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    This is not a veiled request for compliments

The short story is I did 325# for one set of 1 rep.

1) Does this sound gifted, or just lucky?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post

B.A. in Communications from Univesity of Idaho (by way of Univ. of Hawaii, Hawaii Pacific Univ., N. Idaho College, and Matanuska-Sustina College).
    I'd hit it.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I'd hit it.
    Indeed. If Palin looked like Madeleine Albright she would have been run out of the country on a rail for her crazy diatribes long ago. Luckily, for her, people can be extremely shallow and find the other part of her they like. lol

Me personally, I'd feel like I was doing my aunt or something.
    Kung Fu is good for you.