Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oh Snap! Colbert on "Palin Fatigue"

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    This is not a veiled request for compliments

The short story is I did 325# for one set of 1 rep.

1) Does this sound gifted, or just lucky?

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Me personally, I'd feel like I was doing my aunt or something.
    You say that as if it was a bad thing
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Was 4.2 Percent in 1999 -- the Lowest Since 1969
    Bush raised it 3.2%
    Obama only raised it 2% over Bush's numbers
    Who cares what percent the community organizer raised it, the point is he raised it, and after he ran on Bush spending too much. And then he spent MORE than Bush did. It's amazing the lengths you go to in order to never say Obama has done anything wrong or Bush has never done anything right.

Well, quite frankly I can think of a principle reason why many presidents didn't have an MBA. the main one being that in the form it is in now didn't even exist until post ww2. Yes, a masters in commerce could be had as far back as 1900, but anyway, not important.
    Excuses, excuses. If it's so easy to get one, I'm guessing someone as intelligent as you must have 3 or 4 MBAs hanging on your wall, right?

If his MBA was worth the parchment it was printed on, Perhaps Arbusto wouldn't have been such a dismal failure and the Texas Rangers would have had a better chance at the pennant. lol Bush was a notoriously poor businessman. that's documented history and fact.
    Business and sports success are two different things. The GM and Manager are in the business of winning pennants, the owners are in it to make money. That's why it's called an investment. Bush invested $800k in the Rangers and sold his shares for $15 million. Sounds like a good businessman to me. And FYI, the first time the Rangers made the playoffs was while Bush owned a stake in them.

What I am saying is that he was a terrible president who greatly contributed to making the world an even crappier place than it was before he took office. You can try to persuade me otherwise, I doubt you will succeed.
    God himself couldn't convince you you're wrong. So I can't. As I've said before, I dont debate hoping to hear you (or any other liberal here) say, 'Gee 1Bad, you were right all along'. I do it so those reading can see both sides and make up their minds.

You ever wonder why no one wants him on their speaking tour with darn few exceptions?
    It's actually because he doesn't choose to do them. He is a private person, notice he often vacationed at his ranch where he had privacy, not at glitzy resorts with an enormous entourage.

And Republicans are typically like Bush is in that regard, unlike Democrats. You don't see Ford or GHW Bush doing public events much, but Carter and Clinton are often worse than reality TV media *****s. I'll predict right now Obama follows the lead of Carter and Clinton and refuses to step back out of the spotlight when his term (or terms) is over.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    Excuses, excuses. If it's so easy to get one, I'm guessing someone as intelligent as you must have 3 or 4 MBAs hanging on your wall, right?
    I'm sorry, were we talking about me? I'm fine with my education, it got me a good job and I make good bank and have a tidy portfolio.

It's actually because he doesn't choose to do them. He is a private person, notice he often vacationed at his ranch where he had privacy, not at glitzy resorts with an enormous entourage.
    Yeah, he "vacationed" or rather hid from responsibility for some 33% of his first term as president! And close to that in the second term. He was a crap president.

And Republicans are typically like Bush is in that regard, unlike Democrats. You don't see Ford or GHW Bush doing public events much, but Carter and Clinton are often worse than reality TV media *****s. I'll predict right now Obama follows the lead of Carter and Clinton and refuses to step back out of the spotlight when his term (or terms) is over.
    yeah, CLinton in haiti was a real whorish thing to do. Good thing he did it with W's dad so as to not make it look all bad.

As an aside, you are the most amateurish of spin doctors ever. lol seriously dude, the more you defend these people, the worse you make them look.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

It's amazing the lengths I go to in order to never say a Republican has done anything wrong or a Democrat has never done anything right.
    Fixed that for you.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I'm sorry, were we talking about me? I'm fine with my education, it got me a good job and I make good bank and have a tidy portfolio.
    Those who belittle others often do it due to insecurity. Why can't you just acknowledge the man's achievement?

Yeah, he "vacationed" or rather hid from responsibility for some 33% of his first term as president! And close to that in the second term. He was a crap president.
    I notice you didn't mention the cost of said vacations. It's laughable to see the guy who ran against his predecessor's spending outpsending him at every turn.

yeah, CLinton in haiti was a real whorish thing to do. Good thing he did it with W's dad so as to not make it look all bad.
    If all Clinton did publicly was Haiti relief, I'd not have said what I did. The guy is on TV more than Ford, GWH Bush, and GW Bush combined.

As an aside, you are the most amateurish of spin doctors ever. lol seriously dude, the more you defend these people, the worse you make them look.
    Yeah, those facts I post are all spin. Just don't be too upset that you can't refute them.

And I'd rather defend Bush than a racist community organizer.

Fixed that for you.
    How so, considering you're dead wrong?

I've openly said the spending was too much under Bush and gave Obama props for not closing down Gitmo.

Let me ask you a question. Can you show us ONE example of you praising something Bush did and criticizing ONE thing Obama did? Or will you duck it repeatedly and then lock the thread? You know, your standard MO.

And FYI, sincerity is the greatest form of flattery. I use the word 'ya' though, so take note. Maybe you went to the Joe Biden School of Plagiarism.

Let me ask you a question. Can you show us ONE example of you praising something Bush did and criticizing ONE thing Obama did? Or will you duck it repeatedly and then lock the thread? You know, your standard MO.
    LOL at me locking threads. You're the one that started calling me names TRYING to get a thread locked because you wouldn't admit you were wrong.

At any rate, I'm not going to go through every post I ever made to prove a point. Bush gave lots of money to Africa for AIDS relief. Obama d1ck-tucked on the Bush tax credits, and I'm not crazy about a lot of the provisions in the Healthcare plan, especially insurance companies being forced to cover kids until they are 25. I think they should have focused on the ecoonomy instead of pushing healthcare through, but I understand why they did it to capitalize on his momentum.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 01-19-2011 at 02:20 PM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

If it's no big deal, why is he the ONLY President to earn one?

Of course I wish he was back. You liberals who always blast Bush on debt always give Obama a pass on debt, and the debt under the community organizer is at a record. For you slow liberals, that means it's never been higher.

Civilian non-farm employment:
    137,790,000 employed when taxes were cut in June 2003
    146,032,000 employed when Democrats took control in Jan 2007

Unemployment rate Dec 2008: 7.4%
    Current unemployment rate: 9.4%

Unlike the community organizer, the numbers don't lie.

Facts are facts my friend... BUSH got us in debt

And all of the numbers you choose to display are all the trickle effect of what his administration did. We will continue to suffer the repercussions of their mismanagement.
    Do you really think it takes 1-2 years to recover from the economic disaster that were the last 8 years? Come on, really? Be realistic dude!
    Last edited by pateticorecords; 01-19-2011 at 02:19 PM.
    Tom
    Integrated Kung Fu Academy
    Kung Fu - Kickboxing - MMA -Self Defense
    Media, PA -Delaware County

[QUOTE=BJJ-Blue;1073467]Who cares what percent the community organizer raised it, the point is he raised it, and after he ran on Bush spending too much. And then he spent MORE than Bush did. It's amazing the lengths you go to in order to never say Obama has done anything wrong or Bush has never done anything right.

--- any CEO or Entrepreneur knows that to generate profits you need to SPEND on the company not throw money out the window with failed policies (in this case wars).

-Actually, with the right ammount of money and influence you can get an MBA... oh, and it doesn't make you smarter either

God himself couldn't convince you you're wrong. So I can't. As I've said before, I dont debate hoping to hear you (or any other liberal here) say, 'Gee 1Bad, you were right all along'. I do it so those reading can see both sides and make up their minds.
    -When I am wrong I admit it... when you are wrong you do not

-They hide because they have nothing else to bring to society since they already bled the country dry
    Tom
    Integrated Kung Fu Academy
    Kung Fu - Kickboxing - MMA -Self Defense
    Media, PA -Delaware County

Starting Unemployment/Ending Unemployment (ending in January of the term)

Truman (D): 4.3/2.9
    Eisenhower (R): 2.9/ 6.6
    JFK/Johnson (D): 6.6 /3.4
    Nixon (R): 3.4/7.5
    Carter (D): 7.5/7.5
    Reagan (R): 7.5/5.4
    Bush I (R): 5.4/7.3
    Clinton (D): 7.3/4.2
    Bush II (R):4.2/7.6

Since 1928 there have been 13 president, 7 Republicans (Hoover, Eisenhower, Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush Sr, and Bush Jr) and 6 Democrats (FDR, Truman, JFK, Johnson, Carter and Clinton).

Six of the seven Republican Presidents had unemployment increase while in office. Ronald Reagan is the only Republican President since 1928 to leave office with a lower unemployment rate.

All six Democratic Presidents had unemployment decrease or stay the same while in office. The worst Democratic performance was Jimmy Carter, who had the same unemployment rate when he left office as when he entered.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 01-19-2011 at 02:49 PM.

LOL at me locking threads. You're the one that started calling me names TRYING to get a thread locked because you wouldn't admit you were wrong.
    Actually YOU just did it a few days ago, minus the name-calling. You jumped on early reports about the Arizona shooter being "pro-constitution" and "anti-government" before it came out he was actually a nutbar with mental issues who railed against the right as well. And when I asked you whether you were picking and choosing his beliefs of if you cast judgement before all the facts were in, you repeatedly refused to answer it, then locked the thread.

Care to answer that question now?

I've openly used the term "I stand corrected" more than once on this site. I can't seem to recall you doing it however. But if you indeed have admitted an error/mistake/etc, I'll have to say it again.

And Jamieson is the name-caller, not me. I admit I used to a bit, but I said a few months ago I was going to stop. But if you can show a RECENT thread where I called you names, I'll apologize to you for that.

At any rate, I'm not going to go through every post I ever made to prove a point. Bush gave lots of money to Africa for AIDS relief. Obama d1ck-tucked on the Bush tax credits, and I'm not crazy about a lot of the provisions in the Healthcare plan, especially insurance companies being forced to cover kids until they are 25. I think they should have focused on the ecoonomy instead of pushing healthcare through, but I understand why they did it to capitalize on his momentum.
    Fair enough. I don't need previous posts since you answered it now. I just wanted to see an example. Thanks for the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by pateticorecords View Post
    Facts are facts my friend... BUSH got us in debt

And all of the numbers you choose to display are all the trickle effect of what his administration did. We will continue to suffer the repercussions of their mismanagement.
    Do you really think it takes 1-2 years to recover from the economic disaster that were the last 8 years? Come on, really? Be realistic dude!
    Congress makes the budget, not the President. Look at the debt and unemployment under Bush with a GOP Congress vs Bush with a Democrat Congress.

And Reagan got us out of Carter's mess in under 2 years. Heck, he got us out so fast we even had a mini-recession in 1982 because he had to raise interest rates to combat the inflation he inherited. And unlike Obama, he was honest about it, he openly said it would hurt the economy in the short term, but solve the inflation problem. He could have just did like Obama and made all sorts of false promises about how it would be an immediate boon for the economy, and then it wasn't just blamed Carter.

--- any CEO or Entrepreneur knows that to generate profits you need to SPEND on the company not throw money out the window with failed policies (in this case wars).
    Or you can cut prices. Or labor cost. Or production costs. Or marketing costs. It's not always spending that solves problems, often times its cutting costs and streamlining, something NEVER done in Gov't program.

As to spending, the community organizer threw an ENORMOUS amount of money we didn't have on that failed stimulus because we were promised "shovel ready" jobs and that unemployment would not go over 8%. The New Deal was the greatest failed economic policy in our history, and yet the community organizer repeated it, just on an even more expensive scale.

Actually, with the right ammount of money and influence you can get an MBA... oh, and it doesn't make you smarter either
    And it can buy you a law degree as well, right? Just give the man some darn credit. Heck, I think Obama is a bumbling fool as a President, but I'll admit the guy EARNED his degrees. Can't you guys do the same?

They hide because they have nothing else to bring to society since they already bled the country dry
    You forgot to add they've created AIDS, homelessness, stolen from the poor, destroyed the environment, starved children, and forced old people to eat dog food as well.
    Last edited by BJJ-Blue; 01-19-2011 at 03:16 PM.

i bet clinton has raised more money for the unfortunate people of the world than both bushes, nixon, reagan and ford have combined... clinton is doing alot and people are noticing his exellence... whereas guys like bush sr sit behind the scenes and play chess for an agenda... clinton just happens to be not only a smart man but a likable man and he gets sh1t done... i like how on fox news when he went all out he said he could truly focus on doing good things in this world without having his days dictated by world events and politics... as potus he could do alot but he can also do alot as a private... and he is.... and you criticise that? why? im not a dem or a republican and i can say from an outside view that clinton was a good president... and isnt what he's doing supposed to be like the great american dream? make money, help people and lead if you youre called???

Starting Unemployment/Ending Unemployment (ending in January of the term)

Truman (D): 4.3/2.9
    Eisenhower (R): 2.9/ 6.6
    JFK/Johnson (D): 6.6 /3.4
    Nixon (R): 3.4/7.5
    Carter (D): 7.5/7.5
    Reagan (R): 7.5/5.4
    Bush I (R): 5.4/7.3
    Clinton (D): 7.3/4.2
    Bush II (R):4.2/7.6

Since 1928 there have been 13 president, 7 Republicans (Hoover, Eisenhower, Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush Sr, and Bush Jr) and 6 Democrats (FDR, Truman, JFK, Johnson, Carter and Clinton).

Six of the seven Republican Presidents had unemployment increase while in office. Ronald Reagan is the only Republican President since 1928 to leave office with a lower unemployment rate.

All six Democratic Presidents had unemployment decrease or stay the same while in office. The worst Democratic performance was Jimmy Carter, who had the same unemployment rate when he left office as when he entered.
    i notice how blue decided to answer others and not even acknowledge this one??? come on now... speak on it, blue...

Actually YOU just did it a few days ago, minus the name-calling.
    If you read the last few posts in that thread, you will see I locked it because it turned into a discussion on the finer intricasies of using deregatory racial slurs.

You jumped on early reports about the Arizona shooter being "pro-constitution" and "anti-government" before it came out he was actually a nutbar with mental issues who railed against the right as well. And when I asked you whether you were picking and choosing his beliefs of if you cast judgement before all the facts were in, you repeatedly refused to answer it, then locked the thread.
    Why should I rescind a statement that has yet to be proven false? I will retract it if evidence comes out that he was not, indeed, influenced by "pro-constituition" "anti-government" rhetoric. But until then, all evidence seems to indicate that was at least part of his mindset.