Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tounge Fu

This may be of interest to some of you.

Jesus: If anyone strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also.
    Buddha: If anyone should give you a blow with his hand, with a stick, or with a knife, you should abandon any desires and utter no evil words.

Jesus: Why do you see the speck in your neighbor’s eye, but do not notice the log in your own eye? Or how can you say to your neighbor, “Friend, let me take the speck out of your eye,” when you yourself do not see the log in your own eye? You, hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your neighbor’s eye.
    Buddha: The faults of others are easier to see than one’s own; the faults of others are easily seen, for they are sifted like chaff, but one’s own faults are hard to see. This is like the cheat who hides his dice and shows the dice of his opponent, calling attention to the other’s shortcomings, continually thinking of accusing him.

Jesus: Your father in heaven makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the righteous and on the unrighteous.
    Buddha: The great cloud rains down on all whether their nature is superior or inferior. The light of the sun and the moon illuminates the whole world, both him who does well and him who does ill, both him who stands high and him who stands low.

Jesus: He said to them, “When I sent you out without a purse, bag, or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “No, not a thing.”
    Buddha: Then the Lord addressed the monks, saying: “I am freed from all snares. And you, monks, you are freed from all snares.”

Jesus: The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure hidden in a field, which someone found and hid; then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.
    Buddha: If by giving up limited pleasures one sees far-reaching happiness, the wise one leaves aside limited pleasures, looking to far-reaching happiness.

Jesus: Those who want to save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will save it.
    Buddha: With the relinquishing of all thought and egotism, the enlightened one is liberated through not clinging.
    There are more, but these are key to both of them.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Great Post David, there is a universal truth to almost all religions because they all, ta their core, stem from the same source, God.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

And this one is huge with one of the greatest messages:

Buddha:Hatred do not ever cease in this world by hating, but by love; this is an eternal truth... Overcome anger by love, Overcome evil by good. overcome the miser by giving, overcome the liar by truth.

Jesus: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you. From anyone who takes away your coat do not withhold even your shirt. Give to everyone who begs from you; and if anyone takes away your goods, do not ask for them again.
    There are parallels throughout these two masters teachings. Fascinating how truth is truth despite eternity!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    And this one is huge with one of the greatest messages:

There are parallels throughout these two masters teachings. Fascinating how truth is truth despite eternity!
    Indeed, also fascinating how this thread has turned out, I don't think it was what WildBill had in mind, LMAO !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Indeed, also fascinating how this thread has turned out, I don't think it was what WildBill had in mind, LMAO !
    Surprise Wildbill!
    You've spawned a highly positively charged thread!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Jet Li knows more than any of you do !

nice bit of thread necromancy here, bb.

Quote Originally Posted by boxerbilly View Post
    Jet Li knows more than any of you do !
    I'm sure he does know more than me.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart