Thread: Early Fu Jow P'ai??

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com

Early Fu Jow P'ai??

what was FJP like in the 60's, or earlier? I know that some of the forms they teach are more recent, and they also do Fu Hok Seurng Ying Kuen. (I would guess LSW line, as their form shows identifying movements)I believe Wong Biu trained in Hung-Ga before Hark Fu Mun.
    What forms did the stystem originally contain?
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

I believe they also do gung gee as my sihing trained with Wai Hong back in the early 80s.

I believe they also taught a My Jong Law Han set as well?
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Hi TenTigers,

I remember reading from their full contact program in 1976 that they were able to certify anyone who trained Hung Gar and Lost Track (Mi Chung I). It read like an embrace for practitioners of those styles who might need association and recognition.

mickey

TT: according the Lam Saiwing Alumni Memorial Book from 1951, Wong Moon Toi (Wong Manchoi), the patriarch of Hak Fu Mun/Fu Jaau Paai has studied :

- Northern gungfu form a student of Huo Yuanjia (Fok Yungap) named Lau Jukfung

- Hung Kyun and "tiger claw" from Wong Biuhung, student of Wong Feihung (or as other sources say, Wong Keiying). Wong Biuhung has as well studie Hak Fu Mun in Hoitung Monastery in Canton

- Hung Kyun from Lam Saiwing

one of my friend has studied fu jaau paai under Wai Hong sifu paul Eng sifu, Tak Wah-Eng sifu and all i can say, absolutely no doubts about their skill and "claws"!
    PM

Practical Hung Kyun 實用洪拳

www.practicalhungkyun.com

yep-great stuff. I remember watching them as a kid. They have a "quality" of movement in their forms that is very expressive.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Hello Everyone,

I trained there in the 80's, and just started again recently with our Alumni. It was very hard. A typical Fu Jow workout left me hurting for days. The reason I trained there was that they trained so hard, and every little thing was corrected. The college I attended had a Martial Arts club, lots of guys from a lot of different styles tried to workout together once a week. One time, I had them try a Fu Jow workout, and into the second or third set of nine count finger tip pushups, the crew looked at me in disbelief and just stopped, I wasn't even warmed up yet.

Grand Master Hong is an expert in several styles. He began training at a very early age. The first form I learned was a Mi Chung I (sorry for any misspelling) form called the small circle form. Basically to teach you to move fluidly. We then spent about 2 years on Gung Gee Fuk Fu, which will forever probably be my favorite form. I learned about half of Fu Hok Sung Ying, working and going to school both full time made regular training impossible. While finishing that one, I then started Fu Jow 1. Hung Gar is tied together with Fu Jow Pai, very similar foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeNukem View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I trained there in the 80's, and just started again recently with our Alumni. It was very hard. A typical Fu Jow workout left me hurting for days. The reason I trained there was that they trained so hard, and every little thing was corrected. The college I attended had a Martial Arts club, lots of guys from a lot of different styles tried to workout together once a week. One time, I had them try a Fu Jow workout, and into the second or third set of nine count finger tip pushups, the crew looked at me in disbelief and just stopped, I wasn't even warmed up yet.

Grand Master Hong is an expert in several styles. He began training at a very early age. The first form I learned was a Mi Chung I (sorry for any misspelling) form called the small circle form. Basically to teach you to move fluidly. We then spent about 2 years on Gung Gee Fuk Fu, which will forever probably be my favorite form. I learned about half of Fu Hok Sung Ying, working and going to school both full time made regular training impossible. While finishing that one, I then started Fu Jow 1. Hung Gar is tied together with Fu Jow Pai, very similar foundation.

Hey Duke,
    What are the forms of Fu Jow?

Quote Originally Posted by ktkungfu View Post
    Hey Duke,
    What are the forms of Fu Jow?
    Fu Jow 1, Fu Jow 2, etc. I got about halfway through Fu Jow 1 when I stopped training. A very beautiful form.

Here is my favorite youtube clip about Fu Jow Pai, by Master Tak Wah Eng.

Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XisSk_N--0U

even earlier... oh youtube, is there nothing you can't show us? lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtI4Xuf4z98
    Kung Fu is good for you.