BOBBY STACK (8-1) VS ISAIAH HILL (4-7) – 3×5 155lbs
    RON KESLAR (5-3) VS ERIC LAWSON (9-3) – 3×5 180lbs
    GERMAINE DE RANDAMIE (1-1) VS STEPHANIE WEBBER (1-1) – 3×5 135lbs
    JAMES TERRY (8-2) VS LUCAS GAMAZA (4-1) – 3×5 170lbs
    JENNA CASTILLO (Debut) VS CHARLENE GELLNER (Debut) – 3×5 120lbs
    ANTHONY DARIANO (1-0) VS ALAN PEREZ (4-2) – 3×3 150lbs
    RICKY JACKSON (3-1) VS NIKO JACKSON (3-2) – 3×3 165lbs
    SM BRACAMONTE (1-1) VS ARMIN SAFIARI (Debut) – 3×3 170lbs
    Anyone else going? I just got my press pass confirmed. Looking forward to Jenna Castillo's first pro MMA fight, James Terry, and of course, Herschel.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I'm sorry, is that a male fighyer VS a female fighter in the main event?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

no... there are two cyborg santos'... theyre married and both train at chute boxe... evangelista is the husband and critiane is the wife...

diaz is fighting evangelista, not cristiane... allthough it would be fun to watch diaz vs cristiane santos... shes a fukcing beast woman!!!

i hope jacare destroys lawler... and ofcourse i want diaz to win aswell... its cool to see herschel in there, so i hope he wins too...

thems me predictions
    Last edited by Syn7; 01-21-2011 at 02:31 PM.

male vs. female indeed...

Stay tuned for my cage match with Gina. Gene vs. Gina. Sort of has a ring to it, yes?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Stay tuned for my cage match with Gina. Gene vs. Gina. Sort of has a ring to it, yes?
    i'll never forget that scumbag jared shaw at ginas weigh in when she had to go behind the towel... dude has no class, they all looked, but he's the only one that gawked...

you wanna practice your triangles aye...

See you there Saturday!

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

this is actually a really good card! i'd rather watch these fights than the UFC!

There's a press conference happening right now at the HP

I was in a meeting all morning so I couldn't attend. There will surely be reports tomorrow.

Also tomorrow (and this is from STRIKEFORCE INSIDER - their e-newsletter):
    STRIKEFORCE: DIAZ VS CYBORG WEIGH-IN IS FREE & OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!

WHERE:
    HP Pavilion at San Jose
    525 West Santa Clara Street

WHEN:
    Friday, January 28

Doors open at 3:30 p.m./PT
    First fighter hits scale at 4:00 p.m./PT

Can't make it in person? Strikeforce.com will be streaming the weigh-ins live!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Looking forward to the fight

Jan 27, 2011
    Strikeforce preview: Grapplers enter as favorites
    07:29 PM
    By Sergio Non, USA TODAY

Nick Diaz has only lost once since the start of 2007.By Jeff Chiu, AP

The first major Strikeforce show of 2011 features two champions, the most promising up-and-comer of mixed martial arts' first family and a former football star. Notable fights for Saturday's Strikeforce show (10 p.m. ET, Showtime) include:

Strikeforce 170-pound title: Nick Diaz (23-7, one no-contest) vs. Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos (18-13)

STORY LINE: Diaz defends his belt against a former middleweight whose debut at 170 pounds was impressive enough to land him a title shot in his new division immediately.

CASE FOR DIAZ: Can overwhelm opponents with blizzard of fast, accurate punches. Creative approach to grappling combined with long limbs make him a submission threat to anyone on the ground. Pounces quickly when an opponent appears ripe for a finish. Excellent chin.

CASE FOR SANTOS: Powerful puncher at 170 pounds. Showed improved striking technique and more fluid movement in his last bout. Can take punishment.

BODOG.NET ODDS: Diaz (-500) over Santos (+300)

PICK: Diaz. Santos has become a more disciplined fighter lately, but he faces the same reach and height disadvantages that plagued Frank Shamrock, whom Diaz dismantled with relative ease in the stand-up game. If the fight hits the ground, life gets even harder for Santos.

Strikeforce 185-pound title: Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza (13-2) vs. "Ruthless" Robbie Lawler (18-6, one no-contest)

STORY LINE: Middleweight champion Souza pits his elite grappling skills against one of the hardest hitters in mixed martial arts.

CASE FOR SOUZA: One of the two best jiu-jitsu practitioners in MMA at 185 pounds, along with Demian Maia. Hugely improved striking technique over the last two years, especially with his jab.

BODOG.NET ODDS: Souza (-260) over Lawler (+200)

CASE FOR LAWLER: Opportunistic striker who will can advantage of the slightest opening in opponents' defenses with his knockout power, which can come from a variety of angles. Good counterwrestler, making him difficult to take down. Might have an endurance edge over Souza, who occasionally has shown signs of fatigue in later rounds.

PICK: Souza. His stand-up game has tightened to the point where he should be able to survive on the feet long enough to close the distance and grapple with Lawler.

Light heavyweight: Roger Gracie (3-0) vs. Trevor Prangley (23-6-1)

STORY LINE: A promising member of a new generation for mixed martial arts' first family faces his most skilled opponent yet.

CASE FOR GRACIE: The light-heavyweight division's most skilled grappler by a wide margin. Prangley has no chance of matching him on the ground.

CASE FOR PRANGLEY: Except in the area of jiu-jitsu, he's better, or at least vastly more experienced.

BODOG.NET ODDS: Gracie (-140) over Prangley (+110)

PICK: Gracie. Prangley is a seasoned, versatile fighter, but it's a matter of time if Gracie can grab hold of him. That said, Prangley has the best chance of any underdog on the card.

Heavyweight: Herschel Walker (1-0) vs. Scott Carson (4-1)

STORY LINE: Ex-football star continues his quest to prove himself as a fighter.

CASE FOR WALKER: All-world athlete, with endurance, explosiveness and stunning fitness for someone of any age, let alone a 48-year-old. Trains six days a week with highly regarded American Kickboxing Academy camp in San Jose. Good takedowns for someone devoid of a wrestling background.

CASE FOR CARSON: Has more fights under his belt.

BODOG.NET ODDS: Walker (-340) over Carson (+160)

PICK: Most of Carson's experience came more than nine years ago. He'll have a hard time keeping up with an athlete of Walker's caliber.
    I went to college in San Jose, so I'm rooting for all our local talent, and the fighters with Sanshou history (who are both locals to, of course).
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

aww... poor chris... its gotta be hard to watch your husband lose... but i love how diaz doesnt back down one bit and even calls out the whole corner...

whatever... evangelista never really had much more than a punchers chance... he wouldnt have even been there if his wife wasnt champ and his last fight was beyond violent... a married couple, both champs would be good marketing... alas, he took it down and got outclassed in seconds... diaz is a whole different level of "black belt" than cyborg is... but you know diaz is gonna limp tomorrow...

walkers a beast... good for him... he needs to eat that up coz its not gonna be like this for long... he has great hips tho, impressive all considering...

Limp all the way to the BANK, with a BELT! Awesome fight! Cyborg was either stupid or ****y or both taking Diaz to the ground. Cyborg JUST got his BB from Cleber, Nick has been a serious grappler for years! Foolish maneuver for a kickboxer to take a grappler to the ground!

Great card! I must say though... the Walker fight looked fixed!

How about Roger Gracie dominating in MMA too!!! Kid is amazing!

Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Three Harmonies View Post
    Limp all the way to the BANK, with a BELT! Awesome fight! Cyborg was either stupid or ****y or both taking Diaz to the ground. Cyborg JUST got his BB from Cleber, Nick has been a serious grappler for years! Foolish maneuver for a kickboxer to take a grappler to the ground!

Great card! I must say though... the Walker fight looked fixed!

How about Roger Gracie dominating in MMA too!!! Kid is amazing!

Jake
    yeah the roger fight was nice... totally outclassed his opponent... followed his game plan the whole time and dominated...

i dunno about fixed, but nobody gave carson a shot... i dunno the odds in vegas but they had to be like 5 to 1 or something....

some nice fights, diaz may be an idiot but he can fight, great ground game too

i dont think anyone will be able to live with roger on the ground, if he keeps working his stand up he wil be a title prospect, got to love his hip movement its a thing of beauty

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    some nice fights, diaz may be an idiot but he can fight, great ground game too

i dont think anyone will be able to live with roger on the ground, if he keeps working his stand up he wil be a title prospect, got to love his hip movement its a thing of beauty
    i think its gonna take a good striker with great wrestling to keep it on the feet and knock him around... i like rogers matches at the mundials... when he took the open div... when was that??? 2007 2009 2010 i think he took open black... every other year he took second... i love that one match in like 2005 with jacare... i know the grappled a few times and i think jacare only won once...

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    i think its gonna take a good striker with great wrestling to keep it on the feet and knock him around... i like rogers matches at the mundials... when he took the open div... when was that??? 2007 2009 2010 i think he took open black... every other year he took second... i love that one match in like 2005 with jacare... i know the grappled a few times and i think jacare only won once...
    at his size he is really a heavyweight so he will find it easy to get in with that long reach of his, his grappling (especially no gi) is just light years ahead of most people, and his standup looked very good in this fight much better than i expected, i think he has been doing a lot of training with some good stand up guys