Thread: Website on kung fu history

Website on kung fu history

Hey guys

There's one site on the internet from an enthusiastic guy which is an encyclobedia on the whole history of kung fu very detailed about every relevant style and branch, from long BCE to modern time. It's the only site of its kind. There are many chapters, classified according to time, development or styles. Unfortunately I've lost it and couldn't find it anymore. Sorry, it's difficult to explain it more exact but it's really the only site of its detailed kind. Can anybody help. I think originally I came to the link through an online article in Kung Fu Tai Chi Magazine.

Thank you anyway!

Do you mean http://www.shaolin.com/ ?
    "The perfect way to do, is to be" ~ Lao Tzu

No, but thank you anyway. It really has the character of an academic paper.

Do you mean http://www.satirio.com/ma/home.html ? Its one of the better sites I know of chinese martial arts history, detailing the histories of several different styles, key sets within those styles, some fighting principles in some of them -- and has kind of a research paper feel to it.

Is he talking about Sal's site?
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

That's what I was thinking...

Sal Canzonieri
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by SanHeChuan View Post
    That's what I was thinking...

Sal Canzonieri
    BABY! you are the MAN! I want to kiss you! Thank you very very much. Can I invite you for a beer or two? You saved the day! Thank you so much! And all others for taking the time and effort.

May the sunny side of life always be with you!

Sal has written an amazing book on Martial arts History. He sent me a copy of the rough draft a couple years ago. Since then he says he's added another 300 pages.

When he's done, I feel it's going to be THE definitive history of the Chinese martial arts. His research has been extensive, and surprisingly deep. The connections he's uncovered, and historical insight are nothing short of amazing.

Almost forgot about that one, I needed the link to the page again myself. His writings are really good, and if he were to ever publish a history book I definitely would buy it. There really is a lack of good history books for chinese martial arts.

Can't wait for the book of Sal. I hope he really release it and don't lose himself into too too much ambition. It would be the only book of its kind because as I'm a martial artist and schoolar I find almost all other books not sophisticated enough, lacking in a thorough study.