Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: KO's and MORE KO's !!

I don't think I specifically said nobody couldn't learn something from studying boxing. It's a beautiful simple thing. But the mechanics aren't a huge bridge from what you can get in kung fu.

You can score ko's with training only ko. You just have to fight. :-)
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    hes said what kung fu hes done before i believe he even mentioned working on some of the techniques into his mma sparring in his log as well
    nice. so, you tell me then.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    I don't think I specifically said nobody couldn't learn something from studying boxing.
    thats golden

You guys keep making this about kung fu VS boxing and it isn't about that at all.
    It's about stuff like this:
    http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ad.php?t=59571
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    You guys keep making this about kung fu VS boxing and it isn't about that at all.
    It's about stuff like this:
    http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...ad.php?t=59571
    No one can solve the ass hattery that is the wing chun forum man. Don't even try, you'll be in a rubber taxi in the short term if you do!

Seriously, loose screws all over the place in there, get out while you can SR, just run!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Paulie Maglianaggi

I often say this but training methods are where the difference lies, nothing more. Boxers have a regiment which is pretty universal, lots of roadwork and physical conditioning, hitting heavy bags, hitting mitts, sparring with heavy equipment with litttle to no resistance, ect. It's easy to say Kung Fu does not do that, and many probably don't.

But considering how many styles and systems of Kung Fu there are, there are systems that get it right. You could even say individual schools rather than styles, because I have seen one school from the same system that is good and another that is total sh**it! I understand in many ways why a vast majority don't believe in the training methods of Kung Fu as opposed to say boxing or Muay Thai because it is obvious what good training or what the standard training for those styles can do for someone.

So in the end I defend my style of Kung Fu and how I teach it, and considering I have boxed at the amateur level and trained in Muay Thai, I won't deceive and say there are not elements of those styles I implented in my Kung Fu style and teaching method. But there are still many methods and the core of my style that I teach how I was taught, and they do work.

I could careless about defending ALL styles of Kung Fu, I know there is some sh**it out there, but I defend mine and what I practice and teach. I guess I'm one of "those" guys who has "teh realz" Kung Fu.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    No one can solve the ass hattery that is the wing chun forum man. Don't even try, you'll be in a rubber taxi in the short term if you do!

Seriously, loose screws all over the place in there, get out while you can SR, just run!
    LMAO !!!
    I can find no fault in your argument !!

what is Dempsey's KO record?

The wing chun punching mechanics that I was taught are very similar to Dempsey's!

how many featherfisted pro boxers are there compared to pro boxers with impressive KO records?

Quote Originally Posted by IRONMONK View Post
    what is Dempsey's KO record?

The wing chun punching mechanics that I was taught are very similar to Dempsey's!
    http://www.cmgww.com/sports/dempsey/stats.htm

PROFESSIONAL BOXING RECORD
    WINS: 60
    LOSSES: 7
    KO's: 51
    DRAWS: 8
    NO DECISION: 5

luv this pic

There are more pix if you follow the link (but this is the money shot).
    That's going to hurt in the morning: Brutal knockout blow turns boxer's face to jelly
    By Daily Mail Reporter
    PUBLISHED: 04:39 EST, 30 April 2012 | UPDATED: 07:15 EST, 30 April 2012

This brutal knockout blow turned a boxer's face to mush - making him look more like jelly than a prized jouster.

Tony Pietrantonio came crashing to the canvas in the 31st second of the third round following the devastating right-hander from fellow U.S. light heavyweight Lavarn Harvell.

Harvell, 23 - dubbed Baby Bowe because of his resemblance to former heavyweight champ Rid**** Bowe - said: 'I felt that punch all the way up my shoulder and back, so I knew he wasn’t getting up.

Knockout blow: Boxer Lavarn Harvell (right) smashes a mashed up Tony Pietrantonio (left) to end their light heavyweight bout

'I was so excited that I did a little dance for the fans, but that was before I saw how badly he was hurt.'

Pietrantonio, who only agreed to Saturday's fight three days previously, was unconscious as he hit the Atlantic City, New Jersey floor.

Referee David Fields stopped the bout and ushered in doctors, but the bruised boxer soon sat up, climbed onto a stool and left the ring under his own steam.

Harvell added to pressofatlanticcity.com: 'I’ve fought at the Hall before, but it was in the ballroom upstairs. It was a pretty special feeling to fight in the main room in front of all those people.'
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    http://www.cmgww.com/sports/dempsey/stats.htm

PROFESSIONAL BOXING RECORD
    WINS: 60
    LOSSES: 7
    KO's: 51
    DRAWS: 8
    NO DECISION: 5
    Interesting, boxrec shows a discrepancy: 61(50)-6-9.

You forgot to mention Dieselnoi was 6'2 fighting at 125lbs and was strong as an ox. Muay Thai's original version of Jon Jones.

Met Samart Payakaroon this weekend. I'd be surprised if he was 5'8".
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

53 year old vs 21 year

http://youtu.be/saetQnDoEvM

Sloppy but awesome fight.