Thread: The Risk of Wing Chun Bong-Sau

Threaded View

EVERY action you do attacking or defensive has holes, leaves you open somewhere, nature of the beast

VT has had the saying "when your greedy with punches mind your empty space" for quite some time with regard to chain punching.

As long as your aware of the possibilities and have the skills to use techs to deal with the downside of actions your fine.

So for Bong-
    If someone is good enough to turn your elbow when you apply a bong you should at least have two options for getting out with good enough reactions.. Dan Sau is the basic responce taught to me , there are many more for Bong and every other action of VT IMO.

Do you agree with the principle, "拳不露肘(Quan Bu Lu Zhou) - never expose your elbow to your opponent"?
    Hell No. especially when it comes to Pie or Karp Jarn

How would you make your Bong-Sau safer to apply if you have to use it?
    First one would have to identify the problems with it which varies from person to person.. But the general rules you apply to punches is a good start.

Dont leave it out
    Dont over extend etc etc
    Last edited by Liddel; 01-24-2011 at 07:25 PM.
    Training is the pursuit of perfection - Fighting is settling for results - ME

Thats not VT

"This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to"- TOOL

"I think the discussion is not really developing how I thought it would " - LoneTiger108

Its good to be the King - http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=2vqmgJIJM98