Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Risk of Wing Chun Bong-Sau

I thought that kuit was meaning, that if they grab the wrist... elbow. if they grab the elbow.... fak.

Quote Originally Posted by T.D.O View Post
    I thought that kuit was meaning, that if they grab the wrist... elbow. if they grab the elbow.... fak.
    Sounds about right! Except it would be 'if they grab the elbow - biu!'
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Aye, but that would be cheating LOL

But, if it was that then i don't get "push the center - thrust out with bong" ???

Quote Originally Posted by T.D.O View Post
    Aye, but that would be cheating LOL

But, if it was that then i don't get "push the center - thrust out with bong" ???
    If they push at a point half way between wrist and elbow then use the bong to press them/charge in.

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    If they push at a point half way between wrist and elbow then use the bong to press them/charge in.
    If they are pressing on that point, why am I pressing back towards that force?
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

Blog Entries
    What will be the best counter if you use right Bong Sau to block your opponent's right punch, your opponent slides his right hand down and grab your right wrist, and uses his left hand to control your right elbow?

IMO, the best counter will be:

- to use your left hand to pull your opponent's right thumb (it's easier to fight against 1 finger than 4 fingers) to loose up his right hand wrist grip,
    - you then rotate your right fore-arm and use your right hand to pull your oponent's left elbow toward you (this move is called "arm guiding"),
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 02-18-2011 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    What will be the best counter if you use right Bong Sau to block your opponent's right punch, your opponent slides his right hand down and grab your right wrist, and uses his left hand to control your right elbow?

IMO, the best counter will be:

- to use your left hand to pull your opponent's right thumb (it's easier to fight against 1 finger than 4 fingers) to loose up his right hand wrist grip,
    - you then rotate your right fore-arm and use your right hand to pull your oponent's left elbow toward you (this move is called "arm guiding"),
    The opponent has his two hands on my one arm???

I'd punch him with my other free hand!

Unebelievable how a thread can continue so long on Bong Sao.

Yes, it has risks, but as the Kuen Kuit states, "Bong Sao But Lau" (Bong Sao does not remain).

When you shift in Bong Sao, you break the opponent's structure, this way, you are already one timing ahead of him.

When you shift, it is like two gears cogs turning.

Quote Originally Posted by chusauli View Post

Yes, it has risks, but as the Kuen Kuit states, "Bong Sao But Lau" (Bong Sao does not remain).

When you shift in Bong Sao, you break the opponent's structure, this way, you are already one timing ahead of him.

Problem is, if the shift goes 'backwards' there will be just a re-alignment of the person performing the Bong Sau. If the shift's energy goes towards the opponent's COM, then you get what you talk about.

The former is all too common.

Quote Originally Posted by couch View Post
    If they are pressing on that point, why am I pressing back towards that force?

That was my thinking as well.....

Quote Originally Posted by chusauli View Post

How does Bong Sau break structure Robert? No arm glue wise!!! lol

GH

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    How does Bong Sau break structure Robert? No arm glue wise!!! lol

GH
    I was wondering about that too.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 02-20-2011 at 11:49 AM.

A bong sao correctly done upon contact will break structure.... but apparently in the forum threads here, the bong sao stays! For 86 posts already!!

joy chaudhuri

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    A bong sao correctly done upon contact will break structure.... but apparently in the forum threads here, the bong sao stays! For 86 posts already!!

joy chaudhuri
    So let me ge this right. Theres a conversation on bong, with legit questions from people with different levels of experience, and you and Robert think its going too long??

If thats the correct way of thinking, the forum should have closed down 3 months after starting

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    So let me ge this right. Theres a conversation on bong, with legit questions from people with different levels of experience, and you and Robert think its going too long??

If thats the correct way of thinking, the forum should have closed down 3 months after starting
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------Glenn-the thread start up was bout
    The Risks of using the bong sao-not everything about the bong sao...

but mine was a passing reader's comment not a self appointed moderators comment.

So- enjoy the thread!!

joy chaudhuri