Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Master Paulie ZINK

Master Paulie ZINK

Amazing kung fu vids on you tube. I guess he lives on a farm now in montana.
    [

Has for years. What does this have to do with Mantis????
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Radplaiddude View Post
    Amazing kung fu vids on you tube. I guess he lives on a farm now in montana.
    I really like Pauli Zink. He always sums up forme the difference between how the Mainland Chinese view kung fu, and how the Westerners view it. Funny how many people try to defame him by saying his lineage isn't valid - which, even if they could prove it, is like the least important thing of all. I remember my own teacher very well talking about people in his native China who stole kung fu, or just came up with stuff - and natural geniuses who just perceived the essences of arts,well ahead of any teaching they received. For him, lineage was totally irrelevant except when people used fake lineage as a business ploy to get them past the problem of having low level. Actual level is all that matters - and if you come up with Master Zink's level on your own, that makes you even more genuinely a kung fu genius, not less.
    It's not worth a penny!

Quote Originally Posted by Water-quan View Post
    I really like Pauli Zink. He always sums up forme the difference between how the Mainland Chinese view kung fu, and how the Westerners view it. Funny how many people try to defame him by saying his lineage isn't valid - which, even if they could prove it, is like the least important thing of all. I remember my own teacher very well talking about people in his native China who stole kung fu, or just came up with stuff - and natural geniuses who just perceived the essences of arts,well ahead of any teaching they received. For him, lineage was totally irrelevant except when people used fake lineage as a business ploy to get them past the problem of having low level. Actual level is all that matters - and if you come up with Master Zink's level on your own, that makes you even more genuinely a kung fu genius, not less.
    The issue with Zink isn't his ability to stick his ass in his own face, it's that he sets it all on top of lineage claims that have been shown to be outright BS and on top of that he is promoting a style that he borrowed the name from and has now been shown to be a fraud in that respect.

If Zink had a little thing called integrity, then perhaps his skills could be admired for what they are instead of being viewed as charlatanism because he chose to prop himself up with lies in order to dupe a hungry market.

If you created your style, there's nothing wrong with saying so. If you got an idea and based it on something else, nothing wrong with that either.

But Zink fabricated a whole story around himself that came crashing down on him when Chan Sau Chung came to town and happened to be out of bubble gum...
    Kung Fu is good for you.

he got known for marketing crappy videos form the back pages of magzines. Skill or no skill, this is not the way to toot your own horn.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

I'm still wondering what skill he has exactly. He can do some splits. That's really not that impressive

his monkey style is pretty good he moves and reselmbles a monkey very well adn has a good low ground game that is very diffucult to do, but not sure about real application or pratical fighing of defense.

however I always give credit where credit is due, I will not speak about the lineage or rumors as I dont know the actual truth so its not fair to judge or base opinion.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Zink is one of the most athletically gifted individuals I have ever met and trained with. I cannot speak for how "legitimate" his lineage is, but I tell you one thing is true... if he did indeed invent everything he does he is a genius!

As for Chan... Chan built his reputation here in the US by trying to defame Paulie for no good reason other than acting like a bully with a beef. "Integrity" is an overused, misunderstood word, and not the appropriate one for Chan IMO! Chan is no better than Zink in this regard.

JAB
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Three Harmonies View Post

Zink is one of the most athletically gifted individuals I have ever met and trained with. I cannot speak for how "legitimate" his lineage is, but I tell you one thing is true... if he did indeed invent everything he does he is a genius!
    Being extremely flexible does not equate to martial arts skill, I would think you of all people would realize that

His "lineage" is a huge lie and he plagarized huge parts of Chan Sau Chung's book

I can also tell you for a fact that Zink is aware he is making crap up, and has for YEARS been consciously ripping off Chan Sau Chung

Quote Originally Posted by Three Harmonies View Post

As for Chan... Chan built his reputation here in the US by trying to defame Paulie for no good reason
    you can't possibly be this uninformed

Chan Sau Chung is one of the real legends of TCMA

And he didn't "defame" Zink, he pointed out the FACT that Zink claims to do a system he doesn't , plagarized Chan's books and stole via photoshop photos from them
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I've seen Zink in magazines, but never doing a set - how are his alleged forms compared with Chan Sau Chung's? Any similarity? Links?

A couple of things

1. Zink had an article about Chan from the late 70's, he used to call what he did "monkey" then "Tie SHing Pick War" with no clue how it is really pronounced

2. He did not for almost a decade know that the Pek Gwa was separate from the monkey

3. the Pek Gwa in Tai Sing Pek Gwa is 4 distinct hand sets (handed down from the man who is supposed to be zink's "si gung"), not only does Zink not know them, what he later passed off as "Pick War" has no resemblence

4. Zink's book coped large chunks of Chan's books, which he has and I know he has because my friend GAVE HIM THE BOOKS.

Funny thing, of all of Chan's books, Zink doesn't have one of them, and he has none of the material / info in that book that he never has seen

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Greetings,

Is Dave Cater around here? FEELS LIKE IT. Maybe we should delete that IKF thread before it funkdifies this forum.

I don't know if anyone has noticed that Paulie Zink's student, Michael Matsuda, is putting forth a series of dvds on the style. If what he is putting forth is bogus, let's leave it to the TSPK family to deal with. But, I have a feeling he will be shutting some people up.

By the way, I am not a Paulie Zink fan. I got burnt by his panther videos. I still respect his flexibility.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 01-26-2011 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings,

Is Dave Cater around here?
    Cater knew Zink was a fraud for over a decade and still stuck him in the magazine, but he's done that with others as well

As far as Matsuda, I doubt it.......

Didn't Mr. Zink also study Hung Gar with Y. C. Wong? I read that they visited Lam Jo together several years ago.

Since Sifu Wong studied Pek Gwa, wouldn't he have outed Mr. Zink as a fraud if Zink's pek gwa was bogus?

The plot thickens!
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis View Post
    Didn't Mr. Zink also study Hung Gar with Y. C. Wong? I read that they visited Lam Jo together several years ago.

Since Sifu Wong studied Pek Gwa, wouldn't he have outed Mr. Zink as a fraud if Zink's pek gwa was bogus?

The plot thickens!
    He studied with Bucksom Kong... YC Wong is also not the sort to talk about anyone, but YC Wong does know real Pek Gwa (from Chan's teacher Kan)