Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Master Paulie ZINK

LKFMDC

OMG this was painful to watch, couldnt he at least had someone there to hit play on the CD? LOL

and his title is Grandmaster?????? I want to now burn my silk bathrobe just becuse it has a dragon on it
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Flexibility in a MA beyond what is need to FIGHT with that MA is just for show and so irrelevant that to bring it up and to be know for it just means that is all you have to offer.
    Sad really.
    I know quite a few yogis and gymnasts that can do all that and even more and guess what? they can't fight either .

But I guess if we put a kung fu unifom on them and teach them a few forms then they'd be...well...flexible people wearing a kung fu uniform.
    i dont agree entirely im yogi flexible and it helped my bjj alot my guard couldnt be broken by stacking me up because my spine was too bendable and i could manuever out of positions easier especially with out the risk of pulling muscles

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

His flexibility is very impressive.

Though I would ask..it that necessarily good kung fu?

When are you going to be able to do the "taint lick' pose when someone is attacking you?

The opponent would probably do one of 3 things:

1.) laugh his ass completely off
    2.) stand and stare--you know..the kind of stare a dog gives something it doesn't understand
    3.) assume that the guy is a couple of beers short of a 6 pack and walk/run away..most likely because fear of the unknown of what "taint lick fu" will do to him--lol

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    LKFMDC

OMG this was painful to watch, couldnt he at least had someone there to hit play on the CD? LOL

and his title is Grandmaster?????? I want to now burn my silk bathrobe just becuse it has a dragon on it
    your own videos look exactly the same

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Well at the very least when 2012 comes and the world comes to an end at least he will be one of the few that can actually kiss is arse goodbye

aww bawang, I thought you said they were much better now that I got rid of the farm animlas and the pink pokadot Wu Shu uniforms?
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

That was nothing even close to TSPK.
    yikes!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

"monkey shats poo." Most powerful technique of them all. LOL!

I've seen that technique performed by GrandMaster Hu Flung Dung.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    oh, here's a good one, this guy is a certified under Zink TEACHER

http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/104230854
    I remember doing some of those exercises for my Army physical!

btw...worst shoulder roll EVAR!
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I found the training monkey vid particularly interesting...
    it's good to see he's continuing the dynasty.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

He studied with Bucksom Kong... YC Wong is also not the sort to talk about anyone, but YC Wong does know real Pek Gwa (from Chan's teacher Kan)
    From what Buck (my Sifu) told me awhile ago was that Zink didn't really train there that long at the LA kwoon.
    He might of learned a few Hung and CLF handsets...maybe Gung Gee. But not enough to be deemed a serious Hung practitioner. I have been told by my Sihings in the past that Zink was talented but definitely a quirky guy who always liked to show off his monkey moves.

Quite a character.

When my CLF teacher, Sifu Primicias, lived/taught in L.A., Zink was one of his students for awhile. But he started teaching CLF students on his own without permission or approval. Supposedly, he wasn't much beyond a beginner. So Sifu Primicias expelled Zink from his school. This was sometime before Zink emerged as a Monkey practitioner.

I remember once reading an article Zink wrote in a magazine labeling CLF as 'purely a hard, external system.' I really don't know if Zink knows TSPK and don't care one way or another; but clearly he knew nothing of CLF.

I saw Zink's performance at the 1981 Ed Parker Long Beach Internationals that made him famous. At the time, I was fairly impressed by his flexibility and the fact he kinda looks like a monkey. But then again, I also hadn't seen much kung fu at all; I was a Kenpo practitioner. I still think his flexibility would be very applicable if he were a BJJ practitioner, though.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 01-31-2011 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by banditshaw View Post
    From what Buck (my Sifu) told me awhile ago was that Zink didn't really train there that long
    no one is saying he studied anything "long"... but he was not a student of YC Wong like someone claimed....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

no one is saying he studied anything "long"... but he was not a student of YC Wong like someone claimed....
    Word up! Apologies for the confusion on my part.