Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Master Paulie ZINK

Didnt mean to stir up so much stuff.
    [

I'd like to start this reply by saying the following:

I am not a monkey stylist(tai shing-Pek Kwar).

Also, I agree w/ Sifu Burroughs about the lineage thing is irrelevant insofar as..even if he WERE making up his lineage(I refuse to take sides..for the record), he sure does not do his kung fu as if it were made up. I also agree with him as far as "what does this have to do with mantis?"

Lastly..

His teacher--Cho Chat Ling, I believe is a kung fu brother of Grandmaster Chan Sau Chung. He (Cho Chat Ling) is also listed under "Monkey Kung Fu" in the previous issue of "Kung Fu/Tai Chi" magazine where it lists the "Top 100 kung fu styles of the past 100 years"

My only reason for mentioning Cho Chat Ling is because there are those who have said that Zink made up his lineage on the basis of nobody ever HEARING of Master Cho Chat Ling(yet he is mentioned in the magazine).

But hey..not many people in Ying Jow Pai have heard of Grandmaster Feng Huan Yi of 8 step mantis(he was originally a sifu of Eagle Claw and Shuai Jiao), yet he existed. And most people in Wing Chun (in fact..most people in kung fu regardless of style) have not heard of Master Fook Yeung(he was bruce Lees' OTHER teacher in Wing Chun--Red Boat lineage--when Bruce came to Seattle)..yet like Feng Huan Yi and others..he also existed

Again..I don't have an interest in the politics of the style and I don't want my statement to be misconstrued either. I have no opinion one way or the other whether or not Paulie Zink is legit. His silence could be due to feeling he is just "beyond" all of the bickering and sits quietly feeling he has nothing more to prove, it could be because he knows he is FOS, or NEITHER!

On the other hand..maybe he just doesn't care(and never did).

Kung fu would be much better served if people didn't pick pepper out of fly sh-t and dwell on lineage ad-nauseum. Just depletes the chi.

There is no "Cho Chat Ling" in the records of the organization, not when it was in Hong Kong, not now that it moved to Canada

And citing an article Zink wrote as evidence that he is real is absurd
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

"There is no "Cho Chat Ling" in the records of the organization, not when it was in Hong Kong, not now that it moved to Canada"

I cannot comment. Which organization btw?

"And citing an article Zink wrote as evidence that he is real is absur"

??? I never claimed I was referring to an article that Zink wrote with his own hand. I was talking about his teacher..Cho Chat Ling being mentioned in a previous issue of "Kung Fu/Wu Shu" magazine(hint: the magazine which puts out this website forum) where Cho Chat Ling is mentioned under "Monkey Style" in the paragraph or two in the issue "The Top 100 kung fu styles of the millenium".

So to reiterate..I don't know about Zinks' legitimacy. Just that his instructor is mentioned is all..

Is it apoplectic shock or the horrid realization that you have wasted time giving this guy buy in?

Zink can kiss his own ass. Big friggin deal.

spades a spade though, and he is a bonafide fraud when it comes to monkey style.

I really don't care if he can stretch. 9 year old girls can stretch better than him. lol

I can do the splits. big deal.

I'm surprised about people who have no ties to his fake organization would even bother defending him in anyway.

Zink is one of the major problems across the board in the dissemination of traditional chinese martial arts. His lies and fabrications make an already muddy and turbulent stream all the moreso.

You don't need to know someone personally to bump hip to their jive. It's all come out in the wash.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

If you think

and

has anything to do with martial arts or TCMA

well, then may G'd have mercy on your soul

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Might be practical for the royal orgy though

Flexibility in a MA beyond what is need to FIGHT with that MA is just for show and so irrelevant that to bring it up and to be know for it just means that is all you have to offer.
    Sad really.
    I know quite a few yogis and gymnasts that can do all that and even more and guess what? they can't fight either .

But I guess if we put a kung fu unifom on them and teach them a few forms then they'd be...well...flexible people wearing a kung fu uniform.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

90% of what Zink does is flexibility "tricks" which does indeed say a lot. Of course, there are the things I have already mentioned.....

So he belongs in some travelling carney show not in a gwoon or kf mag.

I never understood someone who is supposedly trained in a MARTIAL art and whenever they demo something there is nothing "martial" about it, LOL !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

oh, here's a good one, this guy is a certified under Zink TEACHER

http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/104230854

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Flexibility in a MA beyond what is need to FIGHT with that MA is just for show and so irrelevant that to bring it up and to be know for it just means that is all you have to offer.
    Sad really.
    I know quite a few yogis and gymnasts that can do all that and even more and guess what? they can't fight either .

But I guess if we put a kung fu unifom on them and teach them a few forms then they'd be...well...flexible people wearing a kung fu uniform.
    hmmph! I take it, you've never seen the highly acclaimed film, "Gymkata."
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    hmmph! I take it, you've never seen the highly acclaimed film, "Gymkata."
    you seriously dated yourself

(and the fact I am laughing, myself as well)

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    oh, here's a good one, this guy is a certified under Zink TEACHER

http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/104230854
    you just know he's holding some teenage girl captive in an underground bunker behind that door...