Thread: There are no secrets

There are no secrets

Greetings,

I have recently reading the book title There Are No Secrets about Chen Man Ching. In the book, I found mention of the nine gates. The first two gates were stated as Beautiful Maidens Hands and Hanging Elbows, both of which I have heard and understand. My question is this, "Is there anyone who knows all the gates that would be willing to share this information with me or point me in a new direction for research?" Many thanks to anyone who can provide me with more information.
    Before you beat the dog, you should learn his master's name.

They are the nine major "joints" of the body.
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

the total number is 18 - and there are a few "areas" that arent exactly "joints" like your elbow or knee.

in certain chen styles the bulk of the warm ups are arranged around increasing the capacity and mobility of the 18 joints/gears.

neck, left and right chest section, spine, belly/dan tien, shoulders, elbows, wrists, waist, kua, knees, ankles.

this information is listed as food for thought - as yang style taijiquan may have a different system of categorization. and what goes for chen taiji doesnt necessarily apply to yang taiji.