Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brush your teeth with soap !

Brush your teeth with soap !

http://chealth.canoe.ca/columns.asp?...lation_id=3224

Brushing your teeth with soap Jan. 22, 2011
    Written by: DR. GIFFORD-JONES, Special to QMI Agency

Do you enjoy paying dental bills? Or having dentists scraping plaque from your teeth? If it's a pleasure, there's no need to read this column. But I've never enjoyed these regular checkups. Now there's a way to retire dentists, prevent cavities, protect gums and rid teeth of plaque, using cheap, ordinary soap.

My first reaction when I read this report was, "Come on, Dr Judd, you must be kidding! Who would ever brush their teeth with soap?" But Dr. Gerald F. Judd is no nut. He's a retired Emeritus Professor of chemistry at Purdue University.

I admire people who have the intestinal fortitude to question well-established theories that may be wrong. Besides, I discovered he and I both believe dentists are wrong on another issue.

Dr. Judd reports that acid destroys enamel and that cavities would vanish if people rinsed acids from their mouths quickly. Tap water is all that's needed to do the job.

He also claims that bacteria cannot damage the tooth's hard outer enamel that is composed of calcium hydroxy phosphate. The proof is that bones and teeth are resistant to earth-bound organisms. After all, we've all seen pictures of skeletons that have been unearthed after hundreds of years with teeth still intact.

But why use soap to clean teeth? Judd says glycerine is present in all toothpastes and it's so sticky that it requires 27 washes to clean it off. This means that teeth remain coated with a film and cannot rebuild enamel. And if they're not clean, adenosine diphosphatase cannot provide phosphate to enamel.

His next point is what I wanted to hear. Brushing with soap destroys bacteria and viruses. No professor at The Harvard Medical School told me about that. Or that brushing with ordinary bar soap not only cleans teeth but also removes hard plaque stuck to the bottom of enamel.

Removing plaque from teeth is vital as it invades gums, separating them from teeth. This sets the stage for gingivitis, poorly anchored teeth and eventually possible loss of teeth. It's shocking that 25% of North Americans over age 43, and 42% of those over 65 years of age, have no teeth!

Dr. Judd also believes that the fluoridation of water and the use of fluoride toothpaste is a useless, dangerous biological poison. He says calcium fluoride seeps into enamel, making it weak and brittle, destroying 83 enzymes along with adenosine diphosphatase.

I couldn't agree more. Look at the warning on fluoride toothpaste. Parents are told to watch children under six years of age while they brush their teeth. To be safe, only a tiny amount of toothpaste is used, and none should be swallowed. That should tell you something! In 1974, a three-year old child had fluoride gel placed on his teeth. The hygienist handed him a glass of water but rather than rising out his mouth, he drank it. A few hours later, he was dead.

If fluoride toothpaste is the answer to dental decay, why is it that 98% of Europe is fluoride-free? Sweden, Germany, Norway, Holland, Denmark and France stopped using fluoridation 29 years ago. These are not backward, depressed nations.

The sole argument for fluoridation is that it reduces tooth decay. But several studies involving as many as 480,000 children found no beneficial evidence between fluoridated and non-fluoridated communities.

Dr. Hardy Limeback, Professor of Dentistry at the University of Toronto, says children under three should never use fluoridated toothpaste or drink fluoridated water, and mothers should never use Toronto tap water to prepare baby formula.

Will I practice what I've preached in this column? You bet, as I'm curious to know whether I can say goodbye to the dental hygienist who scrapes plaque off my teeth, not to mention the cost. The test will take three months and I'll report the result.

No doubt all hell from the dental profession will descend on me. This doesn't worry me. What does is that my dentist will read this column and keep a big rusty drill handy for my next appointment.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I'm switching!

Dentists are a shady lot as they sit outside of the universal healthcare system.

the last one I went to was a real piece of work. Loved to throw around dental medical terms as if they meant squat to me and to top it off, he outright tells me that he was an engineer, but couldn't make a good living so he became a dentist. His equipment was outmoded and his staff clearly hated him.

Anyway, this guy is representative of the mentality of many a dentist.

I believe toothpaste is not good due to it's abrasiveness and I know for a fact mouthwash is one of the worst things you can consistently use as it weakens your gums.

Who wants to market pleasantly flavoured dentist bar soap for teeth?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    I'm switching!

Dentists are a shady lot as they sit outside of the universal healthcare system.

the last one I went to was a real piece of work. Loved to throw around dental medical terms as if they meant squat to me and to top it off, he outright tells me that he was an engineer, but couldn't make a good living so he became a dentist. His equipment was outmoded and his staff clearly hated him.

Anyway, this guy is representative of the mentality of many a dentist.

I believe toothpaste is not good due to it's abrasiveness and I know for a fact mouthwash is one of the worst things you can consistently use as it weakens your gums.

Who wants to market pleasantly flavoured dentist bar soap for teeth?
    Hmmm, flavoured soap...you might have something there !!

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Hmmm, flavoured soap...you might have something there !!
    well, they used to make gum that tasted like soap. so, it might work...
    remember that gum, little purple horrid things called... um.. *googles*..ah yes "Thrills"

lol

just friggin awful...anyway, apparently it's gonna come down to adding rosewater!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Greetings,

I have done this and soap works infinitely better than any toothpaste out there. My teeth feels like they were treated by a professional using some brand new technology. No kidding.

I shared what I was doing with my family. They thought I was seriously low on funds and bought me toothpaste and mouthwash.

Now, I grew up using a combination of toothpaste and Arm&Hammer baking soda (or just baking soda alone) long before such a combination was commercially available. This worked so well that when I went to see a dentist, the technician asked where I was from because my teeth were in unsually good health. So, coming from this experience, and sharing that brushing with soap is good then, BRUSHING WITH SOAP IS GOOD!!!!

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 01-27-2011 at 12:58 PM.

What kind of soap?

All types of important services are being cut back in San Diego, such as some police, fire department, trash pickup, etc., etc., because the city says it's broke. But yet the city accepted about a $3.5 million grant to fluoridate our water for the next few years. Saying that it's for children's dental health sounds to me like a lot of bunk. Fluoride is a dangerous additive with little to no benefits to dental health. It all comes down to the $$. Because they sneaked it through without a vote, even though many have been opposed to it.

Hmm, I may have to look into using soap for brushing.

im 31 i went to the dentist last year and havnt been since i was 13. i wanted to have a wisdom tooth removed that was coming in at an angle i didnt like. i had zero cavities, so the dental assistant asked me when i was at the dentist last and i told her, she asked what i do to take care of my teeth i told her i dont brush every single day and i dont use tootpaste or mouthwash. they thought i was kind of off, but i said hey, the proof is in front of your face. i dont need to conform to what the dental profession wants me to do so that they can continue to have more patients.

hello, its dentists telling you to use products that brings you back in over and over to give them money. its largely a scam.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

i wish i could get away without brushing... my teeth arent too bad but not good either... i had a few cavities as a youth and they are forever a problem... i also lost one and chipped two teeth in three different fights... at the time it was a major pain... ima poster child for mouthguards... people who say they dont want or need them make me cringe coz i know the consequences personally...

hygiene is an interesting topic... everyone is different... i have this friend that sweats like a motherfukcer, he carries deoderant around... me, i dont even wear deorderant... a shower is enough for me... some people just smell more than others... i made a point of asking people and nobody had any complaints, didnt even believe me when i said i didnt wear that stuff... but its pretty normal apparently... i heard theres a good chunk of people that dont shower everyday either... now i may miss a weekend shower if all i did was lay on my couch for 30 hours of lazy, but otherwise my job and my hobbies makes me have little choice...

im curious as to how to use soap without being grossed out...

and DJ, i hear ya man, that gum is disgusting... does anyone actually like that taste???
    Last edited by Syn7; 01-27-2011 at 12:50 PM.

soap

are we talking anti bacterial liquid soap or irish spring bar soap?

I never brushed with soap but i had my mouth washed out with soap as a kid for using bad words. My brothers name is chuck, i would call him something else!!

Hi,

You can use any kind of hand soap really. They are all basically the same. I used Ivory and even Octagon which I really like because it is simply an all purpose soap that has stood the test of time. I have even used shea butter soap.

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by 18elders View Post
    are we talking anti bacterial liquid soap or irish spring bar soap?

I never brushed with soap but i had my mouth washed out with soap as a kid for using bad words. My brothers name is chuck, i would call him something else!!
    that seems unfair... my lil sis said the same thing trying to say truck... but she was just corrected, not punished... she dunno no better...

Syn7

I wasn't saying his name wrong, i would call him chucky ****y!

Greetings,

There are products available that surpass my spartan approach:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7-AWuOuWyA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMJ-Swa_Dzw

mickey

Hi,

I knew this Judd guy rang a bell with me. He wrote a book and he was the reason why I tried using soap to brush my teeth.

http://www.leviticus11.com/goodt.htm

mickey