Thread: The System of Imperial style Bagua Quan

The System of Imperial style Bagua Quan

This system of Bagua Quan comes from the famous Bagua Quan practitioner Gong Baotian who like his teachers before him worked as personal body guards to the Emporer during the Qing dynasty. His training was taught to him within the Imperial Palace, hence the name "Imperial Bagua Quan". Although it was taught to him by Yin Fu this system has many different aspects to it and to the untrained eye looks quite different, there are several theories as to why it is different to its cousin Yin style, as it is said that Gong Baotian also recieved training from Yin Fu's teacher, the creator of "Bagua Quan", Dong Haichuan. Regardless it is a proven and effective martial art which can be acquired through dedicated practice and training.

for detail goto http://www.northamericanimperialbagua.org/about-us.php

Master Zou is living California, his students in Boston and Vancouver Canada are teaching BaGua as well.

Quote Originally Posted by longquansheng View Post
    Regardless it is a proven and effective martial art
    and what evidence exists to support this claim? <sigh, here we go again...well, it's a slow day...>

Quote Originally Posted by longquansheng View Post
    This system of Bagua Quan comes from the famous Bagua Quan practitioner Gong Baotian who like his teachers before him worked as personal body guards to the Emporer during the Qing dynasty. His training was taught to him within the Imperial Palace, hence the name "Imperial Bagua Quan". Although it was taught to him by Yin Fu this system has many different aspects to it and to the untrained eye looks quite different, there are several theories as to why it is different to its cousin Yin style, as it is said that Gong Baotian also recieved training from Yin Fu's teacher, the creator of "Bagua Quan", Dong Haichuan. Regardless it is a proven and effective martial art which can be acquired through dedicated practice and training.

for detail goto http://www.northamericanimperialbagua.org/about-us.php

Master Zou is living California, his students in Boston and Vancouver Canada are teaching BaGua as well.
    Greetings longquansheng,

I also practice this style of Bagua which I learned in Shanghai China under my Shifu Ming Qianbo. I also met Wu Liangfa and his grandson Howard Dai, both who gave me additional information on this style.

I am living in Reno NV and missed the opportunity to meet Master Zou several weekends ago. We went to SF and didn't have enough time to meet, hopefully next time.

It's very good that this style is spreading out as it is quite different from any other Bagua I've seen. It is also a very demanding style. Congratulations to Master Zou.

Here is my teacher Ming Qianbo :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvU-pfVH5TQ

The lineage is:

Dong Haichuan
    Yin fu
    Gong Baotian
    Wang ZhuangFei
    Wang Hanzhi (Wang ZhuangFei's son)

longquansheng, who is Master Zou's teacher?

Best regards,

Bill
    Last edited by woliveri; 01-27-2011 at 09:47 PM.