Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Passing of a True Master & Gentleman

KY; Land of the Meth-Mouth, Redneck-Cracker, and Wanna-Be-Thug.

Erle Montaigue has passed away

Erle Montaigue passed away on Wednesday 26th January 2011 doing what he loved with whom he loved and if you asked him he would say "you can't do better than that".

If you have a need to express yourself you can make comments on the:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Erle-M...2736137?v=wall
    The "Iron Palm" is no match for the sharp tongue of the woman you love or her "Iron Skillet" as you sleep.

The Passing of a True Master & Gentleman

It has been confirmed by reliable sources that my friend, Taiji teacher and advisor Erle Montaigue has sadly passed away. He passed away on Wednesday.

Erle was a wonderful man in every sense of the word. He brought Taiji kicking and screaming into a new light with his emphasis on the life protection aspects of his art. Whilst he was viewed by many as a controversial figure, I have never doubted his ability as a martial artist, teacher and good friend.

Aside from the many times that he made me feel humble about my own martial skills and it was he who introduced me some many years ago (1988) to the concept of Dim-Mak. I remember sitting in his house in Leura having a cup of tea and his completely welcoming attitude towards the student I had bought with me on that day to meet him. I am a member of his World Taiji Boxing Association and will miss his advice and unique up-front attitude greatly.

His death is a sad loss for the whole martial arts community as he was one of the truly greats. I will miss him.

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

nope 34535

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Rest in Peace.

condolence to family and friends.

I myself am also fighting diabetes on a daily basis.

SPJ,

I know how you feel. I suffer from myalgic encephalomyelitis (Сhronic fatigue syndrome - CFS) which led to Bi-.Polar Depression (a chemical imbalance within the Brain) which then led to Diabetes II due to the medication I was one for depression. I have been inflicted with this for over the past 15 years and have seen it all. Fortunately for me I am controlling my Diabetes with diet and am no longer on insulin or medication for it.

Erle was and will remain, a great inspiration to me in all that I do.

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

Erle and I exchanged emails over the years, he was always cordial, intelligent, outspoken but able to see another's POV.
    Last time we spoke he said that he was the healthiest sick person around !
    LOL, typical Erle.
    We spoke a lot about Dim Mak and the practical applications of it and while we didn't always agree of course but we both respected each others views.
    Regardless of the controversy that surrounded. as it always surrounds anyone that goes "against the grain", he was a good man, helpful, caring and devoted to his MA.
    It saddens me to learn of his death.
    RIP Erle.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Well, he was truly a character in the MA world.

time for rest
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Can't say that I agreed with what he preached but RIP
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

He not only walked the walk, but could talk the talk.

RIP
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    He not only walked the walk, but could talk the talk.

RIP
    Oh shut up

Quote Originally Posted by kungfoozer View Post
    Oh shut up
    Uncalled for, watch yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Uncalled for, watch yourself.
    Please do not threaten me. That is childish. The fact this man died is sad just like if anyone died. I would say that unless you knew him you should not post just to be polite because likely his spirit and his family will not care. It is not like I am making a joke at his funeral. Quit being so serious. It is only the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by kungfoozer View Post
    Please do not threaten me. That is childish. The fact this man died is sad just like if anyone died. I would say that unless you knew him you should not post just to be polite because likely his spirit and his family will not care. It is not like I am making a joke at his funeral. Quit being so serious. It is only the Internet.
    What you posted had ZERO to do with the thread and was an attack on another poster and as a moderator here, I don't threaten, I warn, so consider yourself warned.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    What I liked about EM is that he truly believed in what he preached. He upset the applecart at every opportunity. A rebel, a maverick. All good in my book, especially when it comes to TCMA.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    What you posted had ZERO to do with the thread and was an attack on another poster and as a moderator here, I don't threaten, I warn, so consider yourself warned.
    Fair enough Sanjuro. Others have told me to shut up in the past and there was no visceral reaction from you. If you are going to the bIg bad moderator than help defend my rights as well and not when you think it is right. People used to tell tneihoff to shut up every day but I guarantee you did not warn all of them. Double standard.